The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Fieldmaster v. Station Wagon (w/options)

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
I prefer the 17in alloy wheels vs the 18in which is the only choice for the US Fieldmaster. So I built up an equivalent truck with the station wagon and it is $500 less expensive. $86K for my build. So it looks like IG is valuing the Belstaff jacket at $500 which I will not get (and don't want).

It is nice that IG allows a complete, custom build up. Not all other manufacturers do this.

Still reviewing to see if there is anything else I will be missing (and the front plaque will not say Fieldmaster which I don't care about)....will I miss out on anything that is exclusive to the Fieldmaster build?

Reactions: jwb
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
I'm with you on that, I don't want the 18" wheels either - I keep thinking there must be some mechanical or functional differentiation between the models beyond just the options you choose, but maybe not. I've got a couple different saved configurations, but I didn't get around to building each with exactly the same options, interesting that you found the difference....

Reactions: BD1

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Did anyone else figure this out ? I’m in the same boat with you all on the 17” wheels vs. the 18 that come with the fieldmaster.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Did anyone else figure this out ? I’m in the same boat with you all on the 17” wheels vs. the 18 that come with the fieldmaster.
I have decided to not go with the Field Master for 2 reasons. Although I would like a premium sound system, which is what you get with the Field Master, I would rather get the second battery and then look at upgraded speaker options including installing a subwoofer through a professional audio installer. I have spoken to a few of them before making this decision and they all said get the second battery first and then upgrade the audio system afterwards. Reason you can't configure both at the time of buying the Grenadier is because the second battery and premium sound system added subwoofer occupy the same space under the rear seat. Can only get one of the other. Another reason I did not get the Field Master is like many, I much prefer the 17" alloy look over the Field Master 18" alloys. On the Field Master their are no rim/wheel choices except the 18" alloys. Ineos will not allow any other Rim/Wheel choices on the Field Master, unlike the ability to choose any rim/wheel choice on either the Station Wagon or Trial Master. I am doing a pretty bespoke version of the Grenadier, (checking off most options), and found that by going with the Trial Master vs the Station Wagon I am saving $150, getting the RAI Raise Air Intake for free, (don't want it, however you can remove it and get a trim plate from Ineos from my understanding and you also get a Belstaff Trial Master Jacket too. Seems like a good deal, save $150 and get a free RAI, & Belstaff Trial Master Jacket too. I think you also get a Compass Altimeter with the Trial Master and perhaps don't have that option on the Station Wagon. Last but not least, You get Trial Master Badging on the Grenadier. Let me know if I am missing something here or not. DaBull

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I have decided to not go with the Field Master for 2 reasons. Although I would like a premium sound system, which is what you get with the Field Master, I would rather get the second battery and then look at upgraded speaker options including installing a subwoofer through a professional audio installer. I have spoken to a few of them before making this decision and they all said get the second battery first and then upgrade the audio system afterwards. Reason you can't configure both at the time of buying the Grenadier is because the second battery and premium sound system added subwoofer occupy the same space under the rear seat. Can only get one of the other. Another reason I did not get the Field Master is like many, I much prefer the 17" alloy look over the Field Master 18" alloys. On the Field Master their are no rim/wheel choices except the 18" alloys. Ineos will not allow any other Rim/Wheel choices on the Field Master, unlike the ability to choose any rim/wheel choice on either the Station Wagon or Trial Master. I am doing a pretty bespoke version of the Grenadier, (checking off most options), and found that by going with the Trial Master vs the Station Wagon I am saving $150, getting the RAI Raise Air Intake for free, (don't want it, however you can remove it and get a trim plate from Ineos from my understanding and you also get a Belstaff Trial Master Jacket too. Seems like a good deal, save $150 and get a free RAI, & Belstaff Trial Master Jacket too. I think you also get a Compass Altimeter with the Trial Master and perhaps don't have that option on the Station Wagon. Last but not least, You get Trial Master Badging on the Grenadier. Let me know if I am missing something here or not. DaBull
I followed the same logic and arrived at the same conlclusion configuring a bespoke well-equipped Station Wagon vs. the Trialmaster. Also - I belive that the Fieldmaster does not include the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
I followed the same logic and arrived at the same conlclusion configuring a bespoke well-equipped Station Wagon vs. the Trialmaster. Also - I belive that the Fieldmaster does not include the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation.
You guys in US are really getting a bum deal on this.
So little choice

Back
Top Bottom