The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Non-OEM Tow Adaptor / Mount / Bar

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
I picked up the trigger wire at the trailer socket ,this involves removing the bash plate and loosening the heat shield . You will need ti cut thr stop light wire and then join with a deutcher connector . If your brake controller has a switch that applies the trailer brake only you will need a resistor to stop feed back into the stability control check the red arc tow pro wiring diagrams on their web site

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
My understranding, as i also did not order my Grenadier with a Tow hitch is that there are three issues;
1. Yes, a Tow hitch with Ball or Ball & Pin can be fitted quite easily to the mounting plate found on the vehicle, but,
2. The Single electrics (13 pin in Europe and UK) - there is no easy or visible pick up/plug connector to capture the electrics for a Trailer board or lights
3. I have been told that vehicles that have the Tow Bars fitted by INEOS have a Trailor module programmed into the vehicle which takes into account a towed weight for the ABS system

I wish it was easier, but INEOS have made it hard as hell and due to low numbers of sold units, none of the Trailer fitting companies are interested in producing one for it.

3: this is what im hearing too and trying to find a work around as i really want to tow a mid size boat and small trailer. Long story but my pre ordered grenadier, that was specced with towing, went MIA and i had to get another grenadier vehicle elsewhere that did not have this option. I did not anticipate this being such an issue.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7852701
Enclosed is the mock up of the low profile “bike rack adapter” that we are putting together. Hitch extender fit well, so we are going to move onto making these in metal.
I would be interested in something lower profile like that. Out of curiosity, is the crossmember it is bolted to solid or would the hitch slide in further? I haven’t removed the cover yet.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would be interested in something lower profile like that. Out of curiosity, is the crossmember it is bolted to solid or would the hitch slide in further? I haven’t removed the cover yet.
The hitch will bottom out - not much insertion length with the stock hitch.

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
3: this is what im hearing too and trying to find a work around as i really want to tow a mid size boat and small trailer. Long story but my pre ordered grenadier, that was specced with towing, went MIA and i had to get another grenadier vehicle elsewhere that did not have this option. I did not anticipate this being such an issue.
So will the blinkers and brake lights still work if you plug it in? Its just the ABS wont be activated (adapted for additional load)? That would probably be ok for pulling a little dump run trailer or a jet ski, just not a huge boat….pretty sure the receiving plus is right under the rear seat….thoughts?

T5Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up the trigger wire at the trailer socket ,this involves removing the bash plate and loosening the heat shield . You will need ti cut thr stop light wire and then join with a deutcher connector . If your brake controller has a switch that applies the trailer brake only you will need a resistor to stop feed back into the stability control check the red arc tow pro wiring diagrams on their web site
Any photos of what you did by chance? I just want to pull a light trailer, nothing crazy. I just need my blinkers/brake lights to work so i dont get pulled over. ABS adjustment really isnt a major concern in my particular circumstance….

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any photos of what you did by chance? I just want to pull a light trailer, nothing crazy. I just need my blinkers/brake lights to work so i dont get pulled over. ABS adjustment really isnt a major concern in my particular circumstance….
Sorry I dont have any photos , it was a fairly big job to run the cables for the brake controler and wire it up , but if you only want lights ect as I do for my trailer and other small stuff ( the brake controler is used for only for my caravan and camper ) I purchased an adaptor to suit 13 pin euro to 7 pin Aussie conector . We have a few different types of conectors but all have standard wiring system so that aftermarket adaptors are readily available . not sure if that is your case . If no adaptors are available wiring diagrams for the 13 pin euro plugs and sockets on the internet , you would need topurchase a 13 pin plug and make and wire up an adaptor to suit your exixting plug . Euro plugs are available on ebay here as well as all of the other ones used in Oz

Aussie Battler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In that case I would be having a whinge to my dealer . Secondly I would check that the tow electrics harness is not tucked up under the rear bumper , You would have to remove the bash plate and loosen the heat shield to find it if it is there , it would be about 100mm to the RH side of the tow bar as you look at it . If it is you would have to carefully check which wire is which as IG do not use the standard colour codes there could possible a live wire amongst them .

Back
Top Bottom