The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Newbie in MT

bitteroot77

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is the very first time I joined a forum so please excuse any mistakes. Really looking forward to the North American release. It will be interesting to see how folks in Aus and Europe react to their deliveries.

Is there a nickname anyone is using for the Grenadier yet?

Anyway, wishing everyone the best of luck.

Happy Holidays,

Bitteroot

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Have you played with the configuration tool on the Grenadier website? What does your Gren look like?

Also - Nickname Thread

bitteroot77

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Have you played with the configuration tool on the Grenadier website? What does your Gren look like?

Also - Nickname Thread
Ha! That was fast. I'm leaning towards Green, White roof right now. That seems to be fairly common from what I can tell. Other than that, I think all white would be perfectly acceptable. I'm not into Outback-level overlanding. I just want to get deep into the backcountry with my kids and hunt and fish. This is the first time in my life that we have the money for something like this so it's pretty exciting.

1670123068948.png

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is the very first time I joined a forum so please excuse any mistakes. Really looking forward to the North American release. It will be interesting to see how folks in Aus and Europe react to their deliveries.

Happy Holidays,

Bitteroot
Welcome from Australia. 🙂

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! That was fast. I'm leaning towards Green, White roof right now. That seems to be fairly common from what I can tell. Other than that, I think all white would be perfectly acceptable. I'm not into Outback-level overlanding. I just want to get deep into the backcountry with my kids and hunt and fish. This is the first time in my life that we have the money for something like this so it's pretty exciting.

View attachment 7797206
That’s a great color combo; lots of members are heading down the same path. I’m thinking silver (I steered away from the white because it’s a bit buttermilkish) because it will hide the scratches best. I do love the white roofs though - the Land Rover fan in me always has.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome...a Green and white Greny or Grennie as some would say but have you a nickname, well as bitteroot77 said there is a Nickname thread...have fun and happy motoring

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @bitteroot77 I’m sure I’m not the only one saying that we’re glad you chose this one as your first.
The nickname is still settling down a bit, there’s quite a bit of chatter so happy reading there. Also there’s a wealth of information from people on here that are scouring the internet for snippets of info on the finished product. It also helps to have a few friendly dealers/agents on board ;)

Stu.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

Happy Holidays,

Bitteroot
The Beast

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

Happy Holidays,

Bitteroot
Hello and welcome.. Montana.. I remember very well .. spent a few weeks visiting in Missoula ..the place my eldest daughter learned to walk .. 25 years ago. that state is definitely a proper habitat for an IG.
Remember having white tails in the backyard consuming plant and a mountain lion above.. Nice place you live.. and definitely not too crowded

Nicknaming the Grenadier..
My problem the term Grenadier has of course a military touch and Grennie..refers in Germany as an abbreviation for those poor infantry lads walking below surface.. .. also some sweet to Grandma.. none of both I’d like.
Indeed here its often IG aka Iggy or The beast..
Enjoy your time ..
klaus

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Close friends are from Anaconda and Butte.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.. Montana.. I remember very well .. spent a few weeks visiting in Missoula ..the place my eldest daughter learned to walk .. 25 years ago. that state is definitely a proper habitat for an IG.
Remember having white tails in the backyard consuming plant and a mountain lion above.. Nice place you live.. and definitely not too crowded

Nicknaming the Grenadier..
My problem the term Grenadier has of course a military touch and Grennie..refers in Germany as an abbreviation for those poor infantry lads walking below surface.. .. also some sweet to Grandma.. none of both I’d like.
Indeed here its often IG aka Iggy or The beast..
Enjoy your time ..
klaus
My wife has asked if the truck had a name yet and it does not. I said until I see “her” in the flesh she can’t be named. Sorta like a puppy. You might have a name in mind, but you have to see if it fits before you proclaim it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Happy Holidays,

Bitteroot
@bitteroot77 or soon Grenadier, nice to meet you here in the forum. Welcome. However, I would rather do it like Dan Seals and Marie Osmond, Meet me in Montana. :)

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
The word "Granny" we have still used here as a nickname for the "Grand Cherokee" - so I for my person will probably not use it for the Ineos Grenadier. BUT - WHY NOT?

My own cars don´t have any nicknames. My Camaro was my Camaro. Even my old Toyota is called "Toyota" or "Toyo" or "die Kiste/the box". Because it looks like a box, and there is not really much comfort in driving it.

So I think ... I will call it "Ineos" oder "Grenadier" oder "IG". Or "the new one". What about "Sir Ratcliffe"? :unsure:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
The word "Granny" we have still used here as a nickname for the "Grand Cherokee" - so I for my person will probably not use it for the Ineos Grenadier. BUT - WHY NOT?

My own cars don´t have any nicknames. My Camaro was my Camaro. Even my old Toyota is called "Toyota" or "Toyo" or "die Kiste/the box". Because it looks like a box, and there is not really much comfort in driving it.

So I think ... I will call it "Ineos" oder "Grenadier" oder "IG". Or "the new one". What about "Sir Ratcliffe"? :unsure:
We have a nickname for the Grand Cherokee inn Australia
Sh*tbox

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
We have a nickname for the Grand Cherokee inn Australia
Sh*tbox
Dave - I very good friend bought a new one last March.

Picked me up in it. Proud as a new father he was.

The very first thing he said to me as I opened the passenger door - "it's got A/C front seats".

Great- I said but "when do we go into the hills off road"...........we haven't been!

Caladan

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Good to see more (North) Americans on here. I submitted a reservation back in July 2022 (when the contrasting vinyl wrap details were an option) as a hedge against my long-delayed order on a 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands. I was pretty sure that, with all the production and supply issues at Ford, it was going to be INEOS that would cross the finish line first. 😜 Then I kind of drifted away from both INEOS and Ford forums because it was driving me crazy reading all the angsty comments about production delays, supply shortages, etc. Too much negative energy.

Out of the blue, Ford contacted me in late September 2022 to say my Badlands made it to production and a month later it arrived at my local dealership. And even better, my dealership played it honest by sticking to the agreed-upon MSRP sales price... no additional dealer mark-up's (ADM) and they even price protected me transitioning between CY 2021 and 2022.

So... now what to do?

I'm going to keep the Grenadier reservation in play. I got to see the prototype "in the metal" at the Overland East Expo in Virginia and, yeah, even though it was a prototype, I was pretty damned impressed. So I want to see what the pricing is going to be here in the U.S., and I want to understand the direct-to-sales and service network here as well. Going to keep all options in play. But yeah.... the Badlands is pretty awesome too and I'm having a lot of fun building it up as a long-range overlander. But still... there's something about this Grenadier that makes you think, "future classic".
AC8BEEC2-C788-4C7E-BB62-561DE04E0BDF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom