The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NEW UK tour

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I don't think it was an accident to call it that. It's yesterday's hippies that will be buying a lot of these cars!
I think in one of his early interviews he mentions that he wants it to be like his old Defender. A vehicle you can misbehave in or break some rules in. Something to that effect. When he was asked if he did he smiles, nods and says "oh yes"

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
I don't think it was an accident to call it that. It's yesterday's hippies that will be buying a lot of these cars!
It was the hippies of yesteryear who met in the Grenadier five years ago and, after three pints, came up with the idea of building a better Defender for Sir Jim.

But to really start this adventure, it took a little more than three pints. They must have been full stoned, I think. Magic Mushroom may have helped a bit there. :cool:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
I did eventually find the email confirmation in my 'Junk Mail' folder. Date confirmed for 21 October down at Firle Place.
Now if I could just get a hold of one of those Ineos notebooks to jot things down, where could I get one of those I wonder......?
Only just seen this! 😂 😂
I'm working on it don't worry.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m booked in for Saturday 1st for my first drive of the Grenadier. Is anyone going this week? If so, please share your impressions and any photos you take! Hopefully it’ll be a fairly ‘finished’ PTO vehicle and will live up to the high expectations.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, are you going to make it down to the Firle estate in East Sussex next month? I'm visiting in the morn of Fri 21 Oct.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Steve, are you going to make it down to the Firle estate in East Sussex next month? I'm visiting in the morn of Fri 21 Oct.
All depends on the situation with demonstrators, if ours have turned up then I've got no chance of that trip when everyone who is local to me will want to come and see the cars.

If we don't have them by then, I may be able to make the trip albeit miles out of my area, but nice to meet everyone like at Goodwood.

Then run it past the Mrs, although she'll probably be happy to have the break 😂 😂

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just got back from Hounslow Hall for my test drive.

Wow, finally driven one!

First impressions are... this things a tank. Its heavy, and feels heavy, but not in a bad way. Unlike a lighter vehicle that's been overloaded, the Grenadier feels happy in its own skin. Plenty of power from the B57, and coupled with low gearing, its a pleasure to drive offroad.

First gear is very low, and you hardly get going before its in 2nd. Will be great for towing, and coupled with the weight, i cant wait to get 3.5 ton on the back of her. Its brilliant, and I cant wait to take delivery of mine.

ps. they also had mini gerry cans painted in the colours, and magic mushroom looked great. Its a very drab dusty colour (in a good way), and doesn't come across as yellow as it does in the configurator.

Steve

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
What a nice, positive feedback, thank you! (y)

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
I think the Jerry can colour samples are actually hip flasks :p

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Jerry can colour samples are actually hip flasks :p
They were unfortunately filled with water and not sloe gin... don't ask me how I found out

Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
One of our Grenadier prototypes is coming to a venue near you. And we’re giving you priority access to ride alongside a trained driver to experience our new 4X4’s capabilities first-hand.

Dates: 13-17 September
Times: 09:00-17:40
Booking link: https://grenadierevents.com/uktour-glanusk

Dates: 27 September - 1 October
Booking link: https://grenadierevents.com/uktour-hounslowhall

Dates: 4-8 October
Booking link: https://grenadierevents.com/uktour-graythwaite

Dates: 13-15 October
Booking link: https://grenadierevents.com/uktour-roxburghe

Dates: 18-22 October
Booking link: https://grenadierevents.com/uktour-firleplace

This is your chance to finally get inside this rugged off-roader and join a pro driver as they put it through its paces. Whether you choose morning or afternoon, you can get to grips with the Grenadier in your own dedicated session. And ask our experts whatever questions you like. You can bring a friend too, but be quick – places are limited and we don’t want you to miss out.

I’ve been offered a place in the driving seat at Graythwaite on 4 October which is good. What I would really like to do is try the production model as opposed to the prototype 2B and try on road as well as off. Press reviews for the production models would also be important before signing the irreversible order. Anyway, it’s progress.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been offered a place in the driving seat at Graythwaite on 4 October which is good. What I would really like to do is try the production model as opposed to the prototype 2B and try on road as well as off. Press reviews for the production models would also be important before signing the irreversible order. Anyway, it’s progress.
I researched for months for my next vehicle like many people do. Look at facts and figures and take vehicles for test drives.
Most people buy a house after a 15 minute walk through, well here in Australia anyway.
I have ordered a Grenadier and have never seen one in person.
Then again a few months ago I purchased a house i had never seen either.

Back
Top Bottom