The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My honest first opinion.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
How come dogs never get car sick?
Ohhhhhhhhhh...let me introduce you to Havoc...the pukingest dog in alllllll the land! We have to give him 20mg of meclizine (non-drowsy Dramamine) an hour before any ride. He's gotten so worked up he's managed to puke even before pulling out of the garage :rolleyes:. And he needs a cup of food a good hour ahead of time. If he's too hungry? He'll puke...but JUST ate? He'll puke. Sometimes we'll be on the road for over an hour...seemingly good to go! Thennnnnnn 3 minutes from our destination...he pukes.

Fortunately on any of our multi-day, high-mileage, LOTS of bouncing and jouncing adventures he's never gotten sick. Go figure.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhh...let me introduce you to Havoc...the pukingest dog in alllllll the land! We have to give him 20mg of meclizine (non-drowsy Dramamine) an hour before any ride. He's gotten so worked up he's managed to puke even before pulling out of the garage :rolleyes:. And he needs a cup of food a good hour ahead of time. If he's too hungry? He'll puke...but JUST ate? He'll puke. Sometimes we'll be on the road for over an hour...seemingly good to go! Thennnnnnn 3 minutes from our destination...he pukes.

Fortunately on any of our multi-day, high-mileage, LOTS of bouncing and jouncing adventures he's never gotten sick. Go figure.
Hope you eventually choose the non carpeted option then!

Local time
Reaction score
Hope you eventually choose the non carpeted option then!
Without a doubt! First thing I did when we took in our Sequoia was to strip it down, cover it in sound deadening and then replaced the carpet with vinyl (though the dogs are in crates). Our RAM also has vinyl flooring, but, again, the dogs are in a fully contained K9 insert. Not sure what I'll do with the Gren if/when we get it. Not enough room for two crates, and, apparently, lots of panel gaps for things to drip into :ROFLMAO:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ugh - we are blessed that both of our guys are great in the car.

Annee

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm not around for a while as I had my fantastic vehicle delivered and then a week later I had an operation and just got out of hospital yesterday, I ruptured my Gluteus medius and minimus, tore right off the bone so cannot drive at all and am confined to the middle floor of my cottage for 6 months only using the stairs to come down rarely as I'm in a hip brace 24 hours a day, I am on huge amounts of pain relief so keep falling asleep but just wanted to say that I haven't disappeared, when I'm feeling a bit better I'll pop in again.

Annee

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jeeze. So sorry to hear that. Hopefully the surgery went well and you’re on the mend and in all honesty, your health is far more important than your truck.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm not around for a while as I had my fantastic vehicle delivered and then a week later I had an operation and just got out of hospital yesterday, I ruptured my Gluteus medius and minimus, tore right off the bone so cannot drive at all and am confined to the middle floor of my cottage for 6 months only using the stairs to come down rarely as I'm in a hip brace 24 hours a day, I am on huge amounts of pain relief so keep falling asleep but just wanted to say that I haven't disappeared, when I'm feeling a bit better I'll pop in again.

Annee
Yikes, sounds awful. Wishing you all the best Annee.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

Annee
Heal up and stay well Annee! We will still be here complaining about the RHD hump, spot welds, short winch leads and crying about waiting so long! ;)

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

Annee
I hope you have the Grenadier parked somewhere you can gaze at it out of a window. Perhaps also get someone to turn it around occasionally so you get a complete view.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Annee, oouch, sounds very painful. Rest up. Hope you are back in the Recaro saddle as soon as possible - with dogs in the back.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

Annee
Ouch, that’s awful news. Take care and wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all !

Annee
In 2012 I had both my knees replaced
Seemed like a major issue but 9 months later I was skiing in Queenstown New Zealand
I have been alive for 60 years and 2 years were a problem.
Seems a lot to people who are 20 or 30 but in the big picture it is but a glitch

Back
Top Bottom