The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My honest first opinion.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Team Fortress 2 Smile GIF by MOODMAN

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
I was hoping that the first owners would have posted their impressions too as they would probably carry a little more than mine as some may think I would be naturally biased towards the vehicle.

Totally understandable by the way so I'd take no offence by anyone thinking it.

Looking forward to more people collecting their vehicle and naturally more opinions will come out 👍
You prob know more about this car that many owners will upon delivery. Plus you may well know more about newer cars to compare with than a lot of other folks, myself for eg.

So I'd rate your opinion pretty highly and I thank you for posting it.

On the scarcity of other reports, I'm thinking that, well ..., at the end of the day it's... a car. For some of the earliest owners possessing it might be satisfaction enough. Wanted it, got it, job done.

When I was young some of my friends and I knew all the minutiae of certain cars and moto bikes. When we'd see one parked or passing by we'd discuss and pass opinion

The (usually) older guy, or sometimes gangster, driving it prob couldn't careless about all the details. He had one, and maybe a fine passenger along and he was happy enough. No need to get into detail, the look said it all.

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
You prob know more about this car that many owners will upon delivery. Plus you may well know more about newer cars to compare with than a lot of other folks, myself for eg.

So I'd rate your opinion pretty highly and I thank you for posting it.

On the scarcity of other reports, I'm thinking that, well ..., at the end of the day it's... a car. For some of the earliest owners possessing it might be satisfaction enough. Wanted it, got it, job done.

When I was young some of my friends and I knew all the minutiae of certain cars and moto bikes. When we'd see one parked or passing by we'd discuss and pass opinion

The (usually) older guy, or sometimes gangster, driving it prob couldn't careless about all the details. He had one, and maybe a fine passenger along and he was happy enough. No need to get into detail, the look said it all.
I have been in a fortunate position to test drive an awful lot of vehicles, from every BMW in the range over the past years to quite a few from other brands too.

The only thing that took me a little time to get used to was the amount of lock when parking into a bay. Takes a little getting used too but it's fine now.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
I have been in a fortunate position to test drive an awful lot of vehicles, from every BMW in the range over the past years to quite a few from other brands too.

The only thing that took me a little time to get used to was the amount of lock when parking into a bay. Takes a little getting used too but it's fine now.
I had the opposite problem when I first drove my Mercedes
The steering is so massively assisted at startup/low speed that I would have hit the wall or car next to me when turning out of the carpark space if I hadn't checked it just in time.
Maybe 1 to 1.5 turns lock to lock

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been far in mine but agree the road holding is surprising good. However, when I first left the garage I found myself under steering on sharp corners and then over compensating to try get back on course, so I would advise a bit of caution on your first road trip. The agent did offer me an accompanied road test as part of the handover, which perhaps I should have accepted!
What's been your normal drive vehicle before this?

Reactions: Sam

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was mid 20's but I was trying the acceleration at various speeds plus a brand new engine. Not sure you'll be getting 30's but possibly.

thanks,

A fuel consumption of 10lt/100km should be reliable for diesel, right?

When driving on the road, are there acoustic warnings that indicate speed cameras?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
thanks,

When driving on the road, are there acoustic warnings that indicate speed cameras?
Surely that would depend on your phone when using android auto ( or car play) for navigation and not the Ineos gps system

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I‘d thought @Annee collected on the same day as @Adventures (?)
Correct - AFAIK @Adventures receieved his much earlier in the day, whereas @Annee was late afternoon.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
She's been a bit quiet of late. Do we think her partner exercised his option to take the delivery?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Surely that would depend on your phone when using android auto ( or car play) for navigation and not the Ineos gps system
so the ineos gps does not have a speed warning.

what app do you recommend for apple?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
thanks,

I had no acoustics alerts for speed cameras no, I was running apple car play for reference.

Back
Top Bottom