The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My honest first opinion.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
So this was my journey today, first real drive at speed for a mid length trip there and back. Massively impressed with it's on road manners, very quiet on the KO2 tyres and zero tracking on the motorway. Experimented with extremely light pressure on the steering wheel to see if it had any pull and there was none.

I know you guys and girls know that I obviously sell them but I'd like to think you'd trust my opinion as I've always been as honest as I possibly can with you all over the past months whilst we've all waited patiently.

I'm honestly shocked by how well this vehicle drives on the road, we've all known for a long period of time how good it is off-road but I can't speak highly enough of how impressed I was with this journey today.

Obviously everyone will feel different things when driving, but for me, I absolutely loved it. I know it may also seem a bit sad, but I felt really special and extremely fortunate to be driving today.

I really do hope you all feel the same when you get to drive your Grenadier. For me though, I really couldn't have asked for anymore 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-23-20-57-00-33_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-23-20-57-00-33_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 57

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So this was my journey today, first real drive at speed for a mid length trip there and back. Massively impressed with it's on road manners, very quiet on the KO2 tyres and zero tracking on the motorway. Experimented with extremely light pressure on the steering wheel to see if it had any pull and there was none.

I know you guys and girls know that I obviously sell them but I'd like to think you'd trust my opinion as I've always been as honest as I possibly can with you all over the past months whilst we've all waited patiently.

I'm honestly shocked by how well this vehicle drives on the road, we've all known for a long period of time how good it is off-road but I can't speak highly enough of how impressed I was with this journey today.

Obviously everyone will feel different things when driving, but for me, I absolutely loved it. I know it may also seem a bit sad, but I felt really special and extremely fortunate to be driving today.

I really do hope you all feel the same when you get to drive your Grenadier. For me though, I really couldn't have asked for anymore 👍
What sort of fuel burn did you get? MPG in the 30’s would be sweet on a road trip..

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks

Been waiting for words like this, had hoped some of the other lucky owners would share their experiences of the vehicle, but your honest opinion helps dispel any fears. Thanks

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
What sort of fuel burn did you get? MPG in the 30’s would be sweet on a road trip..
I was mid 20's but I was trying the acceleration at various speeds plus a brand new engine. Not sure you'll be getting 30's but possibly.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks

Been waiting for words like this, had hoped some of the other lucky owners would share their experiences of the vehicle, but your honest opinion helps dispel any fears. Thanks
I was hoping that the first owners would have posted their impressions too as they would probably carry a little more than mine as some may think I would be naturally biased towards the vehicle.

Totally understandable by the way so I'd take no offence by anyone thinking it.

Looking forward to more people collecting their vehicle and naturally more opinions will come out 👍

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
My G320CDI from 2008 has a 3.0 V6 diesel and gets between 22-25mpg. 22 on the motorway at 80ish and 25 pootling on A roads.

My Diesel Grenadier - let's see. 30 on a run would be remarkable, I'm not expecting that.

Mike

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
I haven't been far in mine but agree the road holding is surprising good. However, when I first left the garage I found myself under steering on sharp corners and then over compensating to try get back on course, so I would advise a bit of caution on your first road trip. The agent did offer me an accompanied road test as part of the handover, which perhaps I should have accepted!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been far in mine but agree the road holding is surprising good. However, when I first left the garage I found myself under steering on sharp corners and then over compensating to try get back on course, so I would advise a bit of caution on your first road trip. The agent did offer me an accompanied road test as part of the handover, which perhaps I should have accepted!
Haha yes you needed to steer a little early in the PT02 vehicle but you get used to it. So steering remains the same as PT02 by the sounds of it which is ok. Looking forward to any more views you may form with some longer driving sessions!!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. A comparison would be great please. As in compared to a Ford Ranger it’s, compared to a 200 Series landcruiser it’s etc.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Your description makes perfect sense based on the type of steering. I’ve personally not been one bit worried about it’s on road manners. It’s really great though to be reading some first hand accounts. Keep the reviews coming!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was hoping that the first owners would have posted their impressions too as they would probably carry a little more than mine as some may think I would be naturally biased towards the vehicle.

Totally understandable by the way so I'd take no offence by anyone thinking it.

Looking forward to more people collecting their vehicle and naturally more opinions will come out 👍
How’s the footwell? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom