The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Must have options

Grenadier

Production/Transit
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
For those who have received theirs or have test driven, which options do you feel are must haves? And what do you feel can be skipped?

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Checkers
Diffs (depending on intended use)
Extra battery
Pre-wired power + additional plugs
Safari windows
One of the contrasting elements (roof, carriage)

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
I really like the look (on my laptop) of the red ladder frame on the white body. But it's another $1K and more importantly, how's it going to look, when it's muddy, greasy, and rock chipped? It's the only option that I'll continue to ponder.

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
The bits you can't fit yourself the aux switches and the diff locks also the K02s are good value from factory all covered by the guarantee also second battery

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
I keep flip flopping on the safari windows.
I was too, until I realized they are the soul of the vehicle. I kept thinking about how I live in a hot climate and the sun beating down will suck and that a roof top tent will impede removing them, and unless I plan carefully, it will impede even opening them. At the end of the day though, a little coverage of a roof top tent will provide needed shade through the glass, right? And it should be easy peasy to tint them. And should I, heaven forbid, ever think about selling, most buyers would want them, amirite? Ultimately, I think a Green without them is a neutered Gren. I'm getting them.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was too, until I realized they are the soul of the vehicle. I kept thinking about how I live in a hot climate and the sun beating down will suck and that a roof top tent will impede removing them, and unless I plan carefully, it will impede even opening them. At the end of the day though, a little coverage of a roof top tent will provide needed shade through the glass, right? And it should be easy peasy to tint them. And should I, heaven forbid, ever think about selling, most buyers would want them, amirite? Ultimately, I think a Green without them is a neutered Gren. I'm getting them.

You're on point. I went ahead and got them My order is officially in!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Bugger, my IG doesn't have a soul. :(:(

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Compass.
The big logo in the centre of the dash just looks tacky.

Oh yeah, and diff locks, and tow pack and stuff...

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree on the safari windows. I feel like the body was designed for them. Similar to the alpine windows in a Land Rover; it’s part of the design that one expects to be there. Certainly a risk to have a hole in the roof, but at least it’s not a cable actuated sun roof!
I won’t call a safari-less grenadier “soulless” but I understand the sentiment.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was leaning towards not getting the Safari Windows until we were able to drive and spend some time in the Grenadier at one of the drive events. Feels more open with the sunroof than without and looks pretty cool in person. Planning on adding them to our order when we finally submit our spec's and getting them tinted when the vehicle comes in.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed on the safari windows - when I was in the prototype it didn’t have them and the view out seemed a bit letterbox like but with the increased headroom and light from the safari windows I much prefer the look and feel of the vehicle BUT it’s obviously a hugely personal thing - I think the saddle leather, roof switch panel and windows are a part of the vehicles DNA . Though if they leak I may regret my decision 😀😀

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger, my IG doesn't have a soul. :(:(
LOL, but yours has a big ole Brain. Who needs those silly old Safari Windows anyway and the increased risk of melanoma that comes with them? They're bound to leak in due course and who wants the tail wagging the dog when it comes to roof rack options? Bah humbug.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do like that the cabin feels lighter and airier, but I've decided to not spec them. I actually go out of my way to not get vehicles with sunroofs etc. I never use them and ultimately, they will leak in some manner. If this will really be a vehicle I keep for a "lifetime" the seals will dry out and water will find its way in, which I know in the grand scheme isn't the end of the world. However, unlike many vehicles, there's an awful lot of important electronics on the ceiling and that's the last place I would want water.

Last edited:

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For those who have received theirs or have test driven, which options do you feel are must haves? And what do you feel can be skipped?
Side steps! I'm 6'2 and its quite a climb to get in and a big drop when you get out and I'm used to getting in and out of my Discovery with a 2" lift!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
LOL, but yours has a big ole Brain. Who needs those silly old Safari Windows anyway and the increased risk of melanoma that comes with them? They're bound to leak in due course and who wants the tail wagging the dog when it comes to roof rack options? Bah humbug.
😂😂😂

And yes I’m booked in later this month to deal with a BCC and an SCC on my face, so no sun for me. Whites in the great southern land hey.

Back
Top Bottom