The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Motor oil change instructions and parts?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
So Adam, I posted elsewhere but you are saying that the owners manual is either incorrect or doesn't take into account the filter change and you should really add about 8qts of oil with a filter change instead of the manuals 6.8? I added 6.8 and am getting the Refill 1.0I message which jives with what you are saying.
I changed my oil and filter a few months ago and I ran into this situation (diesel).

I was annoyed as I was not on a ‘level’ area (1-2 degrees off horizontal) and the system wouldn’t let me check and calibrate after the oil change. I changed the oil and filter just as the sun was setting and thought to check later (I’d put in the required oil volume as stated by the manual, what’s the big deal I thought). Well later I checked (a few days) and it stated an extra 1.0lt required thanks…wtf. It then went to alert me every 10 minutes after that. Seriously…just give me a dip stick.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Changed my oil on a flat garage floor. Filled with 7 quarts and got the OK/off-road OK/on-road after check.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I changed my oil and filter a few months ago and I ran into this situation (diesel).

I was annoyed as I was not on a ‘level’ area (1-2 degrees off horizontal) and the system wouldn’t let me check and calibrate after the oil change. I changed the oil and filter just as the sun was setting and thought to check later (I’d put in the required oil volume as stated by the manual, what’s the big deal I thought). Well later I checked (a few days) and it stated an extra 1.0lt required thanks…wtf. It then went to alert me every 10 minutes after that. Seriously…just give me a dip stick.
There is a dipstick... you access it after removing the engine cover (just lever it off by hand.. no tools)
see https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/oil-check.12348721/page-10 post #184
After dropping the engine oil into a container, you can then watch the levels on the dipstick as you add new oil a litre at a time up to the required volume and see where this takes the level to on the dipstick..... i.e. a DIY dipstick calibration ..

Last edited:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a dipstick... you access it after removing the engine cover (just lever it off by hand.. no tools)
see https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/oil-check.12348721/page-10 post #184
After dropping the engine oil into a container, you can then watch the levels on the dipstick as you add new oil a litre at a time up to the required volume and see where this takes the level to on the dipstick..... i.e. a DIY dipstick calibration ..
Good reminder, thx. I’ll try that next time.

Back
Top Bottom