The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Mercedes G electric

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score

Sorry, only in german language.

Geländewagen Mercedes EQG: Die G-Klasse mit E-Antrieb kommt 2024​

Es wird für die seit 1979 gebaute G-Klasse ein tiefgreifender Wandel: Ab 2024 wird der Geländewagen auch mit E-Antrieb angeboten. Eine erste Ausfahrt.

001-4cca230eb5b414e6.jpeg

When will we see the Electric Grenadier?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score

Be careful what you wish for! My wife's Volvo EV is a computer on wheels. It goes like stink.
But go on the forums and see the 1001 glitches available to the unlucky owner. And so many annoying "features" are there for "safety".
And Volvo isn't exactly a cheap player in the market.
You might be OK in Europe with all its breakdown trucks and sealed roads, but in remote places elsewhere the limp mode might be interesting!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Es wird für die seit 1979 gebaute G-Klasse ein tiefgreifender Wandel: Ab 2024 wird der Geländewagen auch mit E-Antrieb angeboten. Eine erste Ausfahrt.

001-4cca230eb5b414e6.jpeg

I like it
Underwater camouflage.
I hope it has a snorkel

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Way beyond budget, - battery powered .. not worth considering it.
The idea of 4 motors allowing a turning on the point may be an advantage.. - these vehicles are unlikely be used offroad anywhere. (I predict)
This one seems intended more for LA or Malaga but the principle holds some appeal for a mine site or farm, surely? Anywhere combining relatively short range plus poor surfaces.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
This is the sort of grumble that EV owners do (off a Volvo group)
"When are we going to be able to watch YouTube or Netflix whilst charging come Volvo this taking forever you said it was going to be when the applecar play got sorted"

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
EVs are fine for me as far as they fit to the people they own. I just do not understand the religious like praises for everything containing a battery.
If someone uses his Tesla or Mercedes EQS for driving some tenthousand km a year that’s fine for me. If someone uses his Fiat 500 with small battery for the city it’s ok as well. But driving a car with a big battery mainly in town on short distance is as illogical as driving a heavy 4x 4 only onroad.
As a conclusion: don’t shake your head if I drive my Grenadier and I will not do neither when I see your 100.000 BEV only in the city.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
EVs are fine for me as far as they fit to the people they own. I just do not understand the religious like praises for everything containing a battery.
If someone uses his Tesla or Mercedes EQS for driving some tenthousand km a year that’s fine for me. If someone uses his Fiat 500 with small battery for the city it’s ok as well. But driving a car with a big battery mainly in town on short distance is as illogical as driving a heavy 4x 4 only onroad.
As a conclusion: don’t shake your head if I drive my Grenadier and I will not do neither when I see your 100.000 BEV only in the city.
Just like Vegans and religious people.
I respect your rights whatever they are but please also respect mine.
I was in a line once waiting for something and the woman in front of me answered a question with "of course, I am a Vegan"
I answered "My name is Dave and I eat meat"
Is it relevant for train ticket purchases?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I was in a line once waiting for something and the woman in front of me answered a question with "of course, I am a Vegan"
I tend to say "I'm a part time vegan"
I sort of alternate b/w the meat and the potatoes on my plate.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you recognize if someone is a Vegan?
He/She will tell you!
Within 15 minutes.
Reminds me on something that happened in my company - a senior manager owns a flock of sheep as hobby. - So he was asked what he does with lamb and wool. - He said lamb goes to meat and wool is used for insulation and perhaps composted. So immediate shitstorm by vegans "don't you dare killing animals" so I made exactly that comment you quoted.
I was targeted immediately - and made me known to all subsidiary departments around the globe.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but exactly. If anything starts to get religious I oppose immediately
If its diet, electric vehicles, alternative heating, vaccination, politics, social engagement, climate.. if somebody tells me I "must" do something because of solidarity because of all others do.. only dead fish .. go with the flow. I don't do because its "hip" and the government wants me to do. I am not a lab rat. Side effects, numbers, data, if opponents are becoming silenced then I get suspicious.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I tend to say "I'm a part time vegan"
I sort of alternate b/w the meat and the potatoes on my plate.
I like a bit of everything on my fork. Not a euphemism

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If its diet, electric vehicles, alternative heating, vaccination, politics, social engagement, climate.. if somebody tells me I "must" do something because of solidarity because of all others do.. only dead fish .. go with the flow. I don't do because its "hip" and the government wants me to do. I am not a lab rat. Side effects, numbers, data, if opponents are becoming silenced then I get suspicious.
You have probably just described the Grenadier demographic perfectly.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Is it relevant for train ticket purchases?
She was afraid of cannibalism.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What a silly fear to have!
assume @emax was rather cynic .. but seriously. I 've got 2 daughters one vegan one vegetarian. - The vegan one .. I assume mostly because of "being different" political reason and for being accepted by the people she is with. If that is really her.. I doubt it.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Within 15 minutes.
Reminds me on something that happened in my company - a senior manager owns a flock of sheep as hobby. - So he was asked what he does with lamb and wool. - He said lamb goes to meat and wool is used for insulation and perhaps composted. So immediate shitstorm by vegans "don't you dare killing animals" so I made exactly that comment you quoted.
I was targeted immediately - and made me known to all subsidiary departments around the globe.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but exactly. If anything starts to get religious I oppose immediately
My cousin is a Vegan and she said the sheep should be let go free.
We have about 10 million of them, they are not native to Australia, have no natural enemies and can't survive in the wild easily.
She said we need to re-home them.
I suggested BBQ, crock pot, oven and shoes.

Back
Top Bottom