The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Meet in Scotland 2024…?

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, been a while! Still working towards an owners meet in Scotland. I am keen to see this happen. We’ve been kicking stuff around in the back ground - mutually compatible dates are a nightmare!

At the moment it’s inconclusive…. One small ray of light: Pete54 is coming over to Islay (working unfortunately) the weekend 26th / 28th July. Pete is free on the Sunday. He and I will certainly meet up on that Sunday.

if any of you fancy a weekend (or longer) on a fantastic island, we would love to see you! Islay is a wonderful, magical place. Full of wild country, wildlife and whisky. (Nine whisky distilleries, two gins, one rum, brewery etc. on a small island!)

There’s a great camping/caravan site at Port Charlotte, loads of b&b and hotel accommodation, I reckon I can get 4 or 5 more Grenadiers on my drive - woodland type garden For rough camping, floor space etc. Many visitors just park/camp on the foreshore.

What could we do? Talk? Compare vehicles? Make plans? Distillery visit? (Kilchoman distillery is owned by the grandson of Land Rover Dynasty Wilkes bros.) Archery? BBQ? Great beaches? Walks? Doubtless chins will wag and drams will be consumed.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for an informal weekend or week - I am happy to facilitate and host whomsoever wants to come - and hopefully we can lay the foundations for a more substantial owners club/meet.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Tony.
Aka Coullabus.

Falkirkbairn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all, been a while! Still working towards an owners meet in Scotland. I am keen to see this happen. We’ve been kicking stuff around in the back ground - mutually compatible dates are a nightmare!

At the moment it’s inconclusive…. One small ray of light: Pete54 is coming over to Islay (working unfortunately) the weekend 26th / 28th July. Pete is free on the Sunday. He and I will certainly meet up on that Sunday.

if any of you fancy a weekend (or longer) on a fantastic island, we would love to see you! Islay is a wonderful, magical place. Full of wild country, wildlife and whisky. (Nine whisky distilleries, two gins, one rum, brewery etc. on a small island!)

There’s a great camping/caravan site at Port Charlotte, loads of b&b and hotel accommodation, I reckon I can get 4 or 5 more Grenadiers on my drive - woodland type garden For rough camping, floor space etc. Many visitors just park/camp on the foreshore.

What could we do? Talk? Compare vehicles? Make plans? Distillery visit? (Kilchoman distillery is owned by the grandson of Land Rover Dynasty Wilkes bros.) Archery? BBQ? Great beaches? Walks? Doubtless chins will wag and drams will be consumed.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for an informal weekend or week - I am happy to facilitate and host whomsoever wants to come - and hopefully we can lay the foundations for a more substantial owners club/meet.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Tony.
Aka Coullabus.
I am up for that, - not being Xenophobic - but it would be good to have a local get together to discuss where owners in Scotland are getting mods done, vendors to trust or identifying those who know the vehicle better than others and compare prices and service etc.

I have had mine since June and live in the central belt and have only seen one other Grenadier in 7 months. Last week I met someone who lives in the next village who got one at Christmas (he was in his works van), loads of opportunities to chat to people about the Grenadier but very few opportunities to talk to new owners outside the reception area at Grange in Edinburgh.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Any of you out there wanting more details - or to make arrangements - re meeting up on Islay last weekend in July, or indeed fancy a coffee in the Stirling area late March / early April (Mrs C and I have two weeks at Blair Drummond whilst warranty works are completed, and general relaxation time) please contact me direct: tony.cobb@me.com

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

If you are in easy reach of central Scotland on Tuesday 2nd April, and are not working; you are invited to join us for coffee at the Smiddy Farm Shop, Blair Drummond, 10am. There is an outdoor catering facility (with sheltered seating) and an indoor cafe. Just look for the Grenadier(s) in the carpark!

www.blairdrummondsmiddy.co.uk

Farm Shop, Butchery and Café | Blair Drummond Smiddy

The Blair Drummond Smiddy Farm Shop, Butchery and Café celebrates local, seasonal produce with a fantastic range of meats, groceries and meals with fabulous views of the Gargunnock Hills.

Tony H

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

If you are in easy reach of central Scotland on Tuesday 2nd April, and are not working; you are invited to join us for coffee at the Smiddy Farm Shop, Blair Drummond, 10am. There is an outdoor catering facility (with sheltered seating) and an indoor cafe. Just look for the Grenadier(s) in the carpark!

The Blair Drummond Smiddy Farm Shop, Butchery and Café celebrates local, seasonal produce with a fantastic range of meats, groceries and meals with fabulous views of the Gargunnock Hills.
Good luck with your meet up, hope loads of Owners attend. Sadly I cannot make it, but would have loved to attend

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hi C,
Going to have to send my apologies also, enjoy 👍

Back
Top Bottom