The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Logsplitter’s travels in his Grenadier.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Used my Noco boost GB70 the other day. Same day as I Pulled the safari truck IMG_0273.jpeg out of the mud
Some guys with a Toyota Hilux had a flat battery so got them started with the booster. Dead easy. A great bit of kit to have on board. And I’m happier using all my kit to rescue others than to rescue myself.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm adding some speed nuts to my spares box. At a pinch if needed I can connect to those screws nearby and attach an alloy strip (also in my spares box) . Easier than trying to find a ziptie point.
Taking a quick look the studs appear to be 1/4-20 thread (I will check today). If so, I plan to replace with a spring washer and nyloc nut.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Used my Noco boost GB70 the other day. Same day as I Pulled the safari truck View attachment 7842829 out of the mud
Some guys with a Toyota Hilux had a flat battery so got them started with the booster. Dead easy. A great bit of kit to have on board. And I’m happier using all my kit to rescue others than to rescue myself.
+1 for the Noco GB70

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
You do indeed deserve to go on the IA payroll as "consultant proper tester".
‘Building the Grenadier: Logsplitter’s Travels’

In this episode Logsplitter test’s a Production Grenadier on behalf of everyone, as we at Ineos neglected that stage after focusing on testing prototypes. The consultants told us we could save money by getting customers to do it. Now let’s see how resilient Logsplitter is in this episode as we watch his adventures.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
‘Building the Grenadier: Logsplitter’s Travels’

In this episode Logsplitter test’s a Production Grenadier on behalf of everyone, as we at Ineos neglected that stage after focusing on testing prototypes. The consultants told us we could save money by getting customers to do it. Now let’s see how resilient Logsplitter is in this episode as we watch his adventures.
This has been Microsoft's product development philosophy for decades.....😎

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_0111.jpegThe next stage of the journey was a short one from Khaudom Sereketi camp Nye Nye Pan (41).jpeg back to Tsumkwe as we wanted to visit the Nyae Nyae salt pans. We checked into the Tsumkwe country lodge where we stayed two nights In a small cabin. A great camp /lodge with a steady stream of locals and travellers at the camp , bar and restaurant. A great vibe it this place in real sleepy Tsumkwe in the middle of know where.
A three hour round trip to visit the Nyae Nyae pans which we did twice during our stay. Recent rains mean some very slippery sections and you need local knowledge to see whether it’s safe to go there. We were told Some big cat researchers had been stuck for a couple of days as had tried to traverse the pans before they had dried out from the rains 😳
Vast expanses of salt pans dotted with herds of springbok and wildebeest. En route to the pans you pass lots of San people herding their cattle. And it’s real interesting at the Tsumkwe fuel station and general dealers. Guys turn up with the most battered pick up trucks to buy a few liters of fuel and a bottle of beer. The general dealers stock mainly consists of vehicle consumables , engine oil and many shelves of beer and spirits 😂🍺
Grenadier going well and temporary fixes holding things together., until we get to Windhoek.
IMG_0233.jpegDSCN5904.jpegDSCN5877.jpegNye Nye Pan (40).jpegNye Nye Pan (41).jpeg

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7842966The next stage of the journey was a short one from Khaudom Sereketi camp View attachment 7842965 back to Tsumkwe as we wanted to visit the Nyae Nyae salt pans. We checked into the Tsumkwe country lodge where we stayed two nights In a small cabin. A great camp /lodge with a steady stream of locals and travellers at the camp , bar and restaurant. A great vibe it this place in real sleepy Tsumkwe in the middle of know where.
A three hour round trip to visit the Nyae Nyae pans which we did twice during our stay. Recent rains mean some very slippery sections and you need local knowledge to see whether it’s safe to go there. We were told Some big cat researchers had been stuck for a couple of days as had tried to traverse the pans before they had dried out from the rains 😳
Vast expanses of salt pans dotted with herds of springbok and wildebeest. En route to the pans you pass lots of San people herding their cattle. And it’s real interesting at the Tsumkwe fuel station and general dealers. Guys turn up with the most battered pick up trucks to buy a few liters of fuel and a bottle of beer. The general dealers stock mainly consists of vehicle consumables , engine oil and many shelves of beer and spirits 😂🍺
Grenadier going well and temporary fixes holding things together., until we get to Windhoek.
View attachment 7842967View attachment 7842968View attachment 7842969View attachment 7842970View attachment 7842971
excellent photos. what is the hawk species pictured in the first photo?

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
excellent photos. what is the hawk species pictured in the first photo?
That’s a Little Sparrow Hawk. Much smaller than the European Sparrowhawk. A very beautiful specimen that came down to drink at the Tsumkwe lodge 😍
The other bird is a African Marsh Harrier I think

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
My new fave photo!

nye-nye-pan-41-jpeg.7842965

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, seems this plastic keeper that holds the cables to the body work is the failure point, it falls off and then the rubber grommets easily fall out dropping the cables onto the driveshaft. Hopefully Ineos comes up with a better solution - perhaps a newly designed keeper with a proper nut that secures it on to the body?

View attachment 7842788
Meant to put this up earlier for those interested... literally within hours of finding my cables had dropped onto the driveshaft (thanks again Logsplitter) and sending an email to my dealer, he had made up a prototype bracket to replace the plastic one that had the propensity to drop off it's hanger - actually I couldn't get it to stay on. An impressive 5 star service from my dealer for sure and one of many I've experienced. I'm about to leave on a 2 month driving journey and this fixes that issue.

cable bracket.jpg

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Meant to put this up earlier for those interested... literally within hours of finding my cables had dropped onto the driveshaft (thanks again Logsplitter) and sending an email to my dealer, he had made up a prototype bracket to replace the plastic one that had the propensity to drop off it's hanger - actually I couldn't get it to stay on. An impressive 5 star service from my dealer for sure and one of many I've experienced. I'm about to leave on a 2 month driving journey and this fixes that issue.

View attachment 7844105

Legend - name and shame - always good to acknowledge the outstanding.

Ignition?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Legend - name and shame - always good to acknowledge the outstanding.
Yes, Ric at SLRV is outstanding... great ambassador for the brand. Also developing some impressive bits of kit. I should add, at the same time of sorting the cables out I had the latest 2.5hr software update.. unfortunately the update fried the body control module, rare but not unknown to others here who have experienced their vehicles out of service until a new module could be found and fitted. Fortunately Ric was prepared for such a failure and had two modules in stock - changed it over straight away. Cracker dealer. :)

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Visit to the Ineos dealer in Windhoek
After leaving Tsumkwe we head to Windhoek on the back roads. Virtually all dirt/gravel roads to Windhoek over two days staying at a lodge en route to be fed and watered.
Arriving in Windhoek we check into Urban Camp. One of our favourite town campsites and great location to get anything done or sorted in Windhoek . Also meet many other travellers and locals as a favourite haunt for a few beers and food.
The next day we visited M+Z motors the Ineos agent in Windhoek. They got us straight in and on the ramp for a check over and also discussed any issues we had with the team at Ineos Southern Africa. A plan was made for parts to be shipped from SA and we would come back in a week to get works done. A new Bowden cable was ordered and a new fixing method would be actioned. My fix for the auxiliary rads would hold for now until the works the following week. Everyone was so helpful and keen to sort the issues out and get us back on the road.
Needing something to do for a week we headed north to Etosha stopping en route at Okonjima part of the Africat IMG_0259.jpegfoundation . A great couple of nights then head north to the trading post camp just south of Etosha where we camped and did day drives into Etosha from there. Recent heavy rains means the game animals disperse over huge distances but we still saw thousands of springbok and many other ungulates and birds. When away from the main gravel tracks the tracks are often made of white clay which is real slippery when wet and many flooded sections of roads. Pulling the Fuso tourist truck out of the mud on one of the days really made my day. Anybody with road biased tyres struggled in these conditions but great fun in the Grenadier with BFG tyres.
photos added one by one as internet not brilliant.
Unfortunately I hit a puff adder en route , I tried to swerv and mis him but hit the tip of his tail. Hopefully he survived and was certainly too lively for me to help him off the road. IMG_0272.jpegDSCN5907.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom