The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Letzte Mail von Ineos

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Doesn't look like a good v-card for Ineos.
Was at LeTech today, they raised this issue themselves: They think that (at least that's how I understood it) too little has been done in terms of underbody corrosion protection by INEOS. One of the Grennies sold has already received an after-treatment from LeTech, at the customer's request. I'll definitely have it done too prior to delivery...

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Kostet das was? Wie hast Du das genau gemacht? Danke…
Ne.

Wurde nach dem Unterzeichnen gefragt, ob ich ein Konto anlegen möchte. Also Passwort eingegeben und fertig.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ne.

Wurde nach dem Unterzeichnen gefragt, ob ich ein Konto anlegen möchte. Also Passwort eingegeben und fertig.
Danke Dir!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Im Zusammenhang mit den E-Mail Adressen habe ich jetzt mal eine Frage. Seit Dezember 22 kann ich in meinem Konto meinen Vertrag nicht mehr aufrufen. Es kommt immer eine Fehlermeldung. Ich habe den Vertrag ausgedruckt in Papierform und vor einiger Zeit war es auch mal für einen Tag möglich den Vertrag online anzusehen. Liegt das an meiner T-online E-Mail Adresse. oder ist das ein Problem auf der Ineos Webseite und betrifft auch andere Kunden?
Ich kann den Vertrag online auch nicht mehr abrufen. Ich habe keine T-Online Adresse. Mails bekomme ich auch.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Moin, könnte mir bitte jemand sagen wann die letzte Mail von Ineos an alle registrierten Besteller/Reservierer kam?
Das letzte was ich bekam war am 23.2. das Info Rundschreiben.
ich frage da ich eine t-online Adresse habe und nichts verpassen will.
gruß
Am 1.3. habe ich da Update zu meiner Jacke bekommen. Sehr wichtig!

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was at LeTech today, they raised this issue themselves: They think that (at least that's how I understood it) too little has been done in terms of underbody corrosion protection by INEOS. One of the Grennies sold has already received an after-treatment from LeTech, at the customer's request. I'll definitely have it done too prior to delivery...
Und das nachdem Ineos soviel Werbung gemacht hat wie gut das Fahrzeug geschützt ist?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
And that after Ineos advertised how well the vehicle is protected?
But isn't that part of LeTech's business model to up sell extras like underbody treatment, ceramic coatings for the paintwork, fabric/leather coatings for the seat, etc.

There's also a percentage of enthusiast owners who are happy to throw several thousand €s at such things.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But isn't that part of LeTech's business model to up sell extras like underbody treatment, ceramic coatings for the paintwork, fabric/leather coatings for the seat, etc.

There's also a percentage of enthusiast owners who are happy to throw several thousand €s at such things.
It might also be a „reflex order“ from former Defender customers. For sure LeTech provides a wax-flooding for the doors as well…

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
From my point of view, it always depends on the use of the vehicle. When I read in the last few posts that people are worried about whether their vehicle was delivered on the car transporter in snow and salt and that they only pick it up from the dealer in dry weather, or that it might develop flash rust when it is parked in the dealer parking lot, it shows me that they do not see the vehicle as a working machine.
I will definitely use it in the mud, rain, winter with salt.... That's why I also prefer a wax treatment.

But as I always say: everyone is free to decide for themselves and their own preferences.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I don't think INEOS can afford that with a 12-year warranty against rust-through of the entire vehicle.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Und das nachdem Ineos soviel Werbung gemacht hat wie gut das Fahrzeug geschützt ist?
Advertising is one thing. It says: "Exceptional corrosion protection". IIRC, they said they're doing KTL (only) rather than zinc plating. I'm obviously no corrosion protection expert, but as a VW T3 and Defender owner I have spent numerous days on rust removal, welding and (attempts...) of protection. So I dare to say that the topic shouldn't be underestimated.

Even the after-treated Gren didn't look overly coated on the underside.

Last edited:

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think INEOS can afford that with a 12-year warranty against rust-through of the entire vehicle.
I also do hope so. But since one reason for me to go for the Gren is that I don't drive my Defender in winter, and I finally want a decent vehicle also for salty roads. So some more care may be justified.

Last edited:

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

May sure be true that they are offering additional services compared to a "throwaway vehicle" dealer. What's wrong with that?
If it's "several thousands of EUR", or generally unreasonably expensive, I'll do it myself, as I do with my other vehicles.

BTW: At Isle of Man, you don't happen to have heavily salted roads, don't you? And I bet you also don't have the super-corrosive innovative salt/sole-mixtures they have invented here to reduce the amount of salt needed to get the roads free of ice, but didn't consider the effect of corrosion (or maybe they did :devilish: ???)

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even if vehicles are used as intended, there is nothing wrong with looking after them and paying attention to their value retention. The fact is that such measures make more sense on a virgin vehicle. Since I have both the infrastructure and the manual skills for such work, the protection will not cost me more than 250 euros. After that, the Ineos is protected in the same way as Rheinmetall does it with its tank transporters. I just got the message from Matzker that my vehicle was built at the beginning of January 23 and is still in the Hambach plant for rework. Delivery ?????

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
The warranty covers inside-to-outside perforation from corrosion as a result of defective materials or workmanship, so maybe LeTech are looking at it from an outside-to-inside perspective?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
Advertising is one thing. It says: "Exceptional corrosion protection". IIRC, they said they're doing KTL (only) rather than zinc plating. I'm obviously no corrosion protection expert, but as a VW T3 and Defender owner I have spent numerous days on rust removal, welding and (attempts...) of protection. So I dare to say that the topic shouldn't be underestimated.

Even the after-treated Gren didn't look overly coated on the underside.
They say e coating, which I assume is electrostatic coating, followed by powder coating and then wax filled cavities.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Ging es hier nicht um die "Letzte Mail von Ineos" ...? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom