The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Leg Space Load Space

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Quick visit to my local dealer and it was suggested that the slightly forward seat position of the 5 seat utility wagon could be moved back to the same as the station wagon. with some basic spanner work and possibly plastic trim adaptation. Anyone who has actually seen each model know if this is likely to be feasible? From the attached photos it looks like the same mounting point with a different bracket for the uprights.

GREN REAR INT.jpgGRENADIER INTERIOR REAR.jpg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Quick visit to my local dealer and it was suggested that the slightly forward seat position of the 5 seat utility wagon could be moved back to the same as the station wagon. with some basic spanner work and possibly plastic trim adaptation. Anyone who has actually seen each model know if this is likely to be feasible? From the attached photos it looks like the same mounting point with a different bracket for the uprights.

View attachment 7796782View attachment 7796783
This is one of the first things I plan to do. I’m hoping that the holes are ”ready and waiting” but I’m resigned to finding blanks or them welded over to quailify for N1 class..

we’ll find out soon enough.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:48 PM
Reaction score

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I mentioned the rear seat to one of the vehicle testers and he confirmed the seat can be reclined and Belstaff and SW mounts are present on all vehicles, he even showed me how it could be done. I think the plastic tab covers might be different but a bit of Sugru will sort that. I'm having a custom rear storage cage built but fettling the existing one is easy peasey.

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi there,
I´m still concerned about changing from the rear seat configuration of the utility setup to the statin wagon setup. In one video Dirk Heilmann says "the customer can choose.." (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbHR0p0S7Y&t=369s Postion : 8 minutes an 5 seconds) but despite al lot of efforts from my side nobody from ineos is able to confirm this statement. The Prototype shows screw holes in the floor and recesses in the side panels for either configuration so it shouldn´t be a problem, BUT it might be possible the these options are made permanently impossible (for example by welding the screw holes). Despite this, the picture from Tartan shepherd of the utility wagon trunk is quite interesting because it shows that the partition between the second row and the trunk connects directly to the seats of the back row, thats different to the pictures in the configurator. That´s to say if you want to change from utility to station wagon configuration, you will not only have to set the seats back and change the mounting for the chair back (the angle) to the more relaxed position (because of the predetermined angle of the back rest mounting brackets, it´s not possible to change the chair back angle without moving the seats) but these partition as well (the strip at the floor directly behind the seats).
First picture shows utility, second station wagon (Belstaff)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-01 um 19.39.43.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-01-01 um 19.42.54.png
If you take a close look at the computer generated pictures in the configurator it shows this different situation. There is a gap between the second row seats and the barrier from the boot space in the utility version, that´s to say a change in the seating configuration was straight forward easy, but the picture of Tartan Shepherd, which is most likely the reality, shows a different situation ???.
It´s so sad that such a great vehicle has such a poor technical support and customer service.
Please excuse my hideous English.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi there,
I´m still concerned about changing from the rear seat configuration of the utility setup to the statin wagon setup. In one video Dirk Heilmann says "the customer can choose.." (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbHR0p0S7Y&t=369s Postion : 8 minutes an 5 seconds) but despite al lot of efforts from my side nobody from ineos is able to confirm this statement. The Prototype shows screw holes in the floor and recesses in the side panels for ether configuration so it shouldn´t be a problem, BUT it might be possible the these options are made permanently impossible (for example by welding the screw holes). The picture from Tartan shepherd is quite interesting because it shows that the partition between the second row and the trunk connects directly to the seats of the back row. That´s to say if you wante to change from utility to station wagon configuration you will not only have to set the seats back and change the mounting for the chair back to the more relaxed position (because of the predetermined angle of the back rest mounting brackets, it´s not possible to change the chair back angle without moving the seats) but these partition (the strip at the floor directly behind the seats).
First picture shows utility, second station wagon (Belstaff)
View attachment 7802075View attachment 7802076
If you take a close look at the computer generated pictures in the configurator it shows a different situation. There was a gap in the utility version, that´s to sy a change in the seating configuration was straight forward easy, but now inreality ???.
It´s so sad that such a great vehicle has such a poor technical support and customer service. Beside many other similar unanswered questions, broken promises and poor customer support this might be the reason why I will cancel my order for the first edition at least.
Please excuse my hideous English.
Maybe you have to wait till the first customers vehicles are out and you can ask someone who will check for you. I am interested as well whether I can bring the rear seats forward on my SW without problems.

Back
Top Bottom