The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Lease price expectation?

Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
I am curious what would be a rough lease price on Grenadier.

Assuming that vehicle price is ~ $88K, $0 to 3K down, 36 month, 10K miles / year.

Does anyone have a rough guess on it?

Shillmatic

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:02 AM
Reaction score

Assuming that vehicle price is ~ $88K, $0 to 3K down, 36 month, 10K miles / year.

Same Im curios too lol. But it all depends on the residual value and MF.. Guessing the residual value will be low since they wont know how it will do after 3 years projected value and with the interest rate going up im sure the MF will be high so leasing might not be the best way to go. With MF 0.00420 and a 63% residual and MRM of 85000 Im guessing around 1500 to 1600?

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score

Good question @willkim, I've never leased before but this might be a sensible option, rates depending. For myself, I am uncertain of how well this car will do over the next year or two. In addition, I also believe that we are in that transition period between ICE and alternatives.

There will certainly be improvements over the next few years and a lease might make it an easy transition if I wanted to continue with the brand. I suppose one could always lease and buy it out at the end if you like how it preformed over the 2 to 3 years on lease.

@Mr.Espresso s Don't disagree about the low RV. Would have loved to see Ineos back-stop the financing.

I'll reach out to my dealer to see what they are telling people and report back.

Vote:

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget, you make these payments with pretax money. It’s a straight right off for a small business. Person paying for it out of weekly wages, essentially pays twice as much for the same thing.

Vote:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t forget, you make these payments with pretax money. It’s a straight right off for a small business. Person paying for it out of weekly wages, essentially pays twice as much for the same thing.
🤫, don’t give away our secrets!!!

In all seriousness though, the tax loophole, and any loophole for that matter, is simply the government incentivizing the owners of capital,
To deploy capital back into the economy, rather than stuffing it in the mattress. It’s kosher in my book, but I am biased !

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
Went to the dealer to check on leasing but they don't have any products yet and don't expect any until the end of November or maybe when the first trucks are delivered.

I believe I've read in another post that Santander has the leasing for Ineos US. I'll post something in the Grenadier Pub to see if anybody has leased one in another country.

Vote:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Went to the dealer to check on leasing but they don't have any products yet and don't expect any until the end of November or maybe when the first trucks are delivered.

I believe I've read in another post that Santander has the leasing for Ineos US. I'll post something in the Grenadier Pub to see if anybody has leased one in another country.
@Roach , the lease is going to be eye watering bad… I doubt Ineos is going to incentive lease specials on a launch vehicle with the first year of production all sold out. Just a gut feeling, I could be wrong!

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
@Roach , the lease is going to be eye watering bad… I doubt Ineos is going to incentive lease specials on a launch vehicle with the first year of production all sold out. Just a gut feeling, I could be wrong!
What would you say is "eye watering bad"? I ran numbers using a Ford F250 as an example...I think it was .0019 for 36mos@48%.

Last edited:
Vote:

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

The guy at LR Workshop & Expedition looked into it in Britain. He talks briefly about it in one of his recent Grenadier videos on Youtube.

Leasing is a loosing proposition in my book. Despite the minor tax write-off you're still out the cash and have little to show for it at the end.

Vote:

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The guy at LR Workshop & Expedition looked into it in Britain. He talks briefly about it in one of his recent Grenadier videos on Youtube.

Leasing is a loosing proposition in my book. Despite the minor tax write-off you're still out the cash and have little to show for it at the end.
Depends on your tax code, and your desire to drive new vehicles
Some people are much more comfortable making a standard sized payment every month rather than try to save and predict when their vehicle would need an expensive repair. Because most of these vehicles are perpetually under warranty, they are a very popular choice for the fixed income crowd.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
@255/85 For me, leasing was about reducing the risk of a first year, ICE truck, from a company that has never built automobiles before. I've never leased a car before so its not my "go to" approach. Also, understanding the lease numbers provides additional insight for me into Ineos and its truck.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
IMO you're more likely to see an extremely high RV than MF on a launch year Grenadier. IA would be foolish to project meaningful depreciation on a niche vehicle marketed for its durability and top-of-the-line components.

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score

Look at leasing as a vehicle loan with a balloon payment. You have to do the math, sometimes it's awful, other times it's great.

Vote:

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
On my most recent phone call from my dealer to update me on delivery timelines, I asked if the captive finance rates had been released:

According to my agent at RTGT, Yes. The lease residuals were "strong" although I didn't follow up on this or the money factor since I have no intention of leasing.

I've been following up on the captive finance offers to see if any incentives would make the math favorable, however unlikely, for financing through Santander USA as part of my due diligence before delivery. My understanding is there will be nothing available on first delivery in terms of rate-buy downs or rebates; unsurprising - but I think Q2 2024 buyers should watch that space as delivery gets closer. In my opinion, US car market is tightening substantially for many reasons.

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom