The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Last payment

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm expecting mine to be brought down from Essex to Sevenoaks later today for collection tomorrow. But I'll believe it when I see it. Have to take delivery of it without any of the accessories which is damn annoying. My understanding is that Jardine Sevenoaks will be able to fit the accessories without it having to go back to Essex. But when that will be no-one seems to know.
So Jardine Kent phone me at 17:00 and tell me that several cars didn't make it down from Essex to Sevenoaks today for collection tomorrow due to some problem. Don't know if it's registered yet either. I should have known better than to expect it would go smoothly at the final hurdle. Maybe Friday??

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
see you down Sainsburys then,

likewise trip 1st June.........
My trip is 9th of June! Hopefully all of us are good to go in our grenadiers!

FWIW, Thule do some universal roof bars. I'm trying to sort some for my RTT as we speak.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So with regard to the last/final payment, I made in online yesterday late morning and early this evening I've received an email from Ineos confirming they've got it. So quite a quick turnaround on that.

It's a little odd though, that the email makes no reference to the vehicle, delivery/collection but points out:

"We’ll take it from here and will be in touch at a later date with your VAT invoice breakdown, so you have a copy for your own records."

Like that's my main concern. 🤔

Phone call to the agent tomorrow, with fingers crossed there's not a long list of campaign work to be done. My VIN does sit close to another forum member who mentioned getting control arms changed at the agent's...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So Jardine Kent phone me at 17:00 and tell me that several cars didn't make it down from Essex to Sevenoaks today for collection tomorrow due to some problem. Don't know if it's registered yet either. I should have known better than to expect it would go smoothly at the final hurdle. Maybe Friday??
Looks like a first delivery for them:

Screenshot_20230503_185419.jpgFB_IMG_1683136515213.jpg
Mr Gigglepin, unless I'm mistaken?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
So with regard to the last/final payment, I made in online yesterday late morning and early this evening I've received an email from Ineos confirming they've got it. So quite a quick turnaround on that.

It's a little odd though, that the email makes no reference to the vehicle, delivery/collection but points out:

"We’ll take it from here and will be in touch at a later date with your VAT invoice breakdown, so you have a copy for your own records."

Like that's my main concern. 🤔

Phone call to the agent tomorrow, with fingers crossed there's not a long list of campaign work to be done. My VIN does sit close to another forum member who mentioned getting control arms changed at the agent's...
I thought the procedure is that they then notify your agent who handles the details on delivery/handover from there.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If that's the case, then why not put it in the email.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Halliwell Jones Chester Steve, hope you are in fine fettle and handing many vehicles over to your clients. Can I ask what is your take/experience on the final payment. Are you seeing most clients only wire the balance to IA once you have confirmed arrival and PDI'd/green light for collection? If so how long approx is it taking IA to then confirm to you monies received and hand over the keys - tks in advance.

P.S. Anything you can mention re delays in accessories would be appreciated too.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong guys? The local agents say my car is ready to collect, so I I go online and try to buy insurance. I can get lots of quotes but can't purchase the insurance because the registration number that the agents have given me is not recognised. If I go to https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ and check the reg number it comes up as "not found". I have called INEOS customer services and the rep just does the usual "forwarding on to the relevant back office team". No timeframe given for getting back to me so could be days???

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong guys? The local agents say my car is ready to collect, so I I go online and try to buy insurance. I can get lots of quotes but can't purchase the insurance because the registration number that the agents have given me is not recognised. If I go to https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ and check the reg number it comes up as "not found". I have called INEOS customer services and the rep just does the usual "forwarding on to the relevant back office team". No timeframe given for getting back to me so could be days???
You are looking in the right place as it is usually updated very quickly / instant.
I changed some private plates myself last week in preparation for the Grenadier delivery, (fat chance) and the web site changed that day.
I suspect the issue is with IA and as you say getting an answer out of them is very frustrating.
Maybe some others can confirm their experience with IA's vehicle registration timescales.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are looking in the right place as it is usually updated very quickly / instant.
I changed some private plates myself last week in preparation for the Grenadier delivery, (fat chance) and the web site changed that day.
I suspect the issue is with IA and as you say getting an answer out of them is very frustrating.
Maybe some others can confirm their experience with IA's vehicle registration timescales.
The agents are scratching their heads. They say you can get insurance without the reg number being recognised - dealerships do this all the time. But I can't seem to do it online. Maybe I try giving Churchill/Hastings a call.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The agents are scratching their heads. They say you can get insurance without the reg number being recognised - dealerships do this all the time. But I can't seem to do it online. Maybe I try giving Churchill/Hastings a call.
Mystery solved. Just got the V5C through the post and the last digit of the reg number is an X not a K!! But also, the car was registered by INEOS on the 28th March so I have lost a month's road tax and I don't even have the car until tomorrow. At least I can now insure the car. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Paul Cooper INEOS gave the wrong reg number to the agents. Last digit was an X not a K - can you believe it?

Back
Top Bottom