The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Land Rover feeling the Heat?

AWo

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
My data is also from smmt, but it shows a different total. Does it not show commercial registrations?
1000024311.jpg
AWo

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
The prius was a sarcastic joke. The Grenadier is not for downtown use. And a comparison between Cherokee ? Nope. If any current vehicle is somewhat close then a 4 door Wrangler.
I will for sure not take the Grenadier into Frankfurt city ..
Nothing wrong with taking a Prius into the outback! :D
View: https://youtu.be/YD8mlwVFohs?si=KC6GXzCpOTyQZAJ8

Mind you, I certainly won't be taking my IG there (Frankfurt) either!:cool::devilish:

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Ineos interprets the commercial registrations as a success in the commercial sector as if these car where used in a commercial way. However, I think, like I know it from many self-employed people, that they run their more expensive or dream cars on the company's bill as this has tax adavantages. But the use case is still private.

AWo

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Ineos interprets the commercial registrations as a success in the commercial sector as if these car where used in a commercial way. However, I think, like I know it from many self-employed people, that they run their more expensive or dream cars on the company's bill as this has tax adavantages. But the use case is still private.

AWo
I got the commercial version for the lower road tax and I’m a private car buyer - not self employed.. when I did the math, I got the commercial one with all the toys and options for much less than a belstaff one. The only drawback is that I have a lower speed limit on A road and dual carriageways but that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Of the total vehicles on British roads, Ineos account for about .004% - rarer than chickens lips.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Ahh, differnet country, different regulations.

AWo

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got the commercial version for the lower road tax and I’m a private car buyer - not self employed.. when I did the math, I got the commercial one with all the toys and options for much less than a belstaff one. The only drawback is that I have a lower speed limit on A road and dual carriageways but that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Of the total vehicles on British roads, Ineos account for about .004% - rarer than chickens lips.
I've done the same, was cheaper to spec the commercial with all the options I wanted than buy a Belstaff + cheaper Road Tax - I may even move the rear seat back one day if the kids complain too much!

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

AWo
If you are self-employed nothing is private anymore. You know the meaning of "selbstständig";)?

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
If you are self-employed nothing is private anymore. You know the meaning of "selbstständig";)?
I'am self-employed and with a GmbH, private and company stuff is clearly separated...

I used self-employed as the term for people owning/running a company. If that in addition means a special kind of company, where you liable for all wth your privat eproperty, than this is not exactly what I meant.

AWo

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've done the same, was cheaper to spec the commercial with all the options I wanted than buy a Belstaff + cheaper Road Tax - I may even move the rear seat back one day if the kids complain too much!
yep likewise plus I prefer bigger load area than space for the very occasional passenger. The tax saving of over £2,300 first registration and then £200 less thereafter per annum was a big bonus. And you can move the seats back if you so wish.......so unless you really after a Belstaff edition/jacket then there's not much downside - I've yet to experience.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My post was just a little teasing to the fact, that you are mostly right with the private use of some commercial cars.
As a e.K. I´m indeed liable with my private proverty for all mistakes in the company. Always nice to be reminded:LOL:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
it is my plan or move the seats but I’ve sort of got used to them now as have my boys.. I’ll leave it until they’re taller.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it is my plan or move the seats but I’ve sort of got used to them now as have my boys.. I’ll leave it until they’re taller.
I moved the seats back and was very pleased with the results. Had to follow a bit of a work around with the rear guard until I can purchase Belstaff brackets.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I moved the seats back and was very pleased with the results. Had to follow a bit of a work around with the rear guard until I can purchase Belstaff brackets.
I’ve seen a post on the forum with a great work around on the barrier mounts. He managed to reuse the standard ones by using a 40mm tube - or somthing like that.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve seen a post on the forum with a great work around on the barrier mounts. He managed to reuse the standard ones by using a 40mm tube - or somthing like that.
I know the post you referenced and I followed his advice with great success. The mod has proved a great workaround.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
German official statistics of new car registrations from the KBA year-to-month-end October
JLR New Defender: 3730 (+388 in September)
JLR Discovery: 487 (+52 in September)
JLR Range Rover: 1156 (+153 in September)
JLR Land Rover all-in-all: 11817
Ineos: 734 (+123 in August)

An Ineos representative told my wife (she's driving a Grenadier from Huesca, Spain to Frankfurt, Germany) that there must be more registrations in Germany, the N1 cars. However, I wasn't able to figure that out, yet. Maybe the number of Grenadiers registered in Germany is higher. However, when I look at the list where only manufacturers are listed, no modells, it is the same as the number I see for M1 registrations. I'll keep digging....maybe I find N1 registrations.

The Discovery is really not a success.....

AWo

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
I think Ineos are a statistical irrelevance in relation to Land Rover sales

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
5,500 units a year is over 1/3 of the 2022 Defender sales figures (a number that was down 18% over 2021) in the US. Even at that low of an annual production, that's a substantial possible loss of customer base
I heard this being thrown around before, the idea of an import cap of 5-5.5k per year due to the Ineos not meeting some government regulation. Have you confirmed if this is indeed true?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
It is actually Jaguar F-Pace dressed as Land Rover. That's why it is so (stupidly) low. Technically same car.

I didn’t know that, but does explain quite a few things.

It certainly is nothing more than a school run special and an expensive commuter vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom