The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just Collected - a ‘few’ issues

Ngreenha

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
first orange light, came intermittently on for about 30 secs then off… didn’t clear until I switched the car off and on.
Then this didn’t come back - but the car then decided there was something else to worry about (orange again)… sorry couldn’t remember what that one was - but ‘rebooting’ the car made it go away.
But when I switch the car off, it comes up with an option (recommended) to switch off the software… and this only comes up if I open the door. The software doesn’t shut down when you take the key out!
The DAB settings are sooo frustrating and the fact the the reception is intermittent even in good reception areas, leads me to believe the software is working overtime in the background. The Bluetooth pairing and apple play is practically unworkable, but then next time it kind of worked ok. I
I have done 129 miles in the car… I am a little concerned.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
first orange light, came intermittently on for about 30 secs then off… didn’t clear until I switched the car off and on.
Then this didn’t come back - but the car then decided there was something else to worry about (orange again)… sorry couldn’t remember what that one was - but ‘rebooting’ the car made it go away.
But when I switch the car off, it comes up with an option (recommended) to switch off the software… and this only comes up if I open the door. The software doesn’t shut down when you take the key out!
The DAB settings are sooo frustrating and the fact the the reception is intermittent even in good reception areas, leads me to believe the software is working overtime in the background. The Bluetooth pairing and apple play is practically unworkable, but then next time it kind of worked ok. I
I have done 129 miles in the car… I am a little concerned.

I had loads of alerts in the first 200 miles, airbags, transmission, parking sensors, e call, tyres, I just ignored then, next 200 miles haven’t had any.

Carplay works but I cant work out the radio though - the software is shit. Hope they update it.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
I had loads of alerts in the first 200 miles, airbags, transmission, parking sensors, e call, tyres, I just ignored then, next 200 miles haven’t had any.

Carplay works but I cant work out the radio though - the software is shit. Hope they update it.
I am "strongly" of the view that there are two issues when first taking delivery:
The first is to turn on the ignition but don't start the engine in order to allow the system to "boot."
Wait, even up to a minute, initially, for the system to check itself and clear faults which may have been in the system memory from before the PDI . Then start the engine....

Secondly.. ensure the main battery has plenty of charge. And take the vehicle on a long run :))
DAB radio is also software driven... it needs time to "boot"...

Collective experience from this forum to date seems to point to numerous warning lights initially which the system subsequently normalises without further occurrence....

Ngreenha

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But what did you make of the driving experience in those 129 miles?
The driving experience was fine, I have the fieldmaster petrol and it goes well. The steering is a non issue. I didn’t notice any ‘left foot’ issues either. Other people have reported excessive wind noise… none of that for me.
Just the software is… well crap. I’m sure I shall get used to the quirky controls for air con eventually.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We are better informed with what to look for when is arrive.
Exactly, I'm not sure I would have been so relaxed with the "Close Encounters" lightshow, without the shared knowledge from the Forum.

Put all that in a box at the back of your mind and crack on with enjoying the driving experience.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The first is to turn on the ignition but don't start the engine in order to allow the system to "boot."
Wait, even up to a minute, initially, for the system to check itself and clear faults which may have been in the system memory from before the PDI . Then start the engine....

+1 (y)

MFTT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked up my petrol Fieldmaster from my Ineos Dealership yesterday. Loved the driving experience home if I ignore the indicator signals warning light coming on in the first 2 miles of leaving the dealership. I am hoping the reset this morning has cured the problem - we shall see!
I have changed to Ineos after roughly 30 years of Land Rover dealership and although there were some problems that had to dealt with I had never been let down by a broken down vehicle. Fingers crossed the Grenadier continues my good luck.
Not yet found the best driving seat set-up - the well documented footwell issue for RHD models doesn't yet appear to be a problem for me, albeit I've only driven 30 miles. Lack of lumbar support built into the Recaro seats disappointing. Otherwise first impressions very positive.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all. Picked up my petrol Fieldmaster from my Ineos Dealership yesterday. Loved the driving experience home if I ignore the indicator signals warning light coming on in the first 2 miles of leaving the dealership. I am hoping the reset this morning has cured the problem - we shall see!
I have changed to Ineos after roughly 30 years of Land Rover dealership and although there were some problems that had to dealt with I had never been let down by a broken down vehicle. Fingers crossed the Grenadier continues my good luck.
Not yet found the best driving seat set-up - the well documented footwell issue for RHD models doesn't yet appear to be a problem for me, albeit I've only driven 30 miles. Lack of lumbar support built into the Recaro seats disappointing. Otherwise first impressions very positive.
Excellent new, enjoy the new car.
Last I heard mine was at Jardines and 17th in the queue!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The warnings diminish. None yesterday for example!

I have found the higher the seat the better.

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do think that the battery condition seems to be the most likely explanation for this. The grenadier that I have driven for the last two weeks had a lot of warnings when I picked it up, it now seems to have none. I have done over 1000 miles in it and the long drives seem to have made the difference.

MFTT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've had more of a drive of the new beast today , and more warning lights - none red - engine warning light, PDC warning and the air-conditioning packed up as the relevant button gave up lighting up. Another call to the Portsmouth based Ineos team at Harwoods. The software upgrade of all software upgrades due September and no likely date for the roll out. Unless there's a red warning light that stays on I'm to just keep going...
Love the car. tempted to write to Top gear/ Jeremy Clarkson to counter some of his comments, as I think he is a long way from ever having understood what drives the passion of those of us who green lane, go overloading, camp out of our cars etc.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The beast waiting outside the bakery in Brockenhurst. Best pasties and jam doughnuts I've ever come across.
Dude, its so bad ass! Can't wait for USA!

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Love the car. tempted to write to Top gear/ Jeremy Clarkson to counter some of his comments, as I think he is a long way from ever having understood what drives the passion of those of us who green lane, go overloading, camp out of our cars etc.
I'm sure he's aware, just can't help stirring the pot, needs to keep chasing views & clicks to stay relevant.

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom