The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Is my car on the Don Carlos?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Have any Australian’s actually had confirmation their vehicles are on any ship and or specifically on this one? I haven’t actually seen anyone say that as yet.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have any Australian’s actually had confirmation their vehicles are on any ship and or specifically on this one? I haven’t actually seen anyone say that as yet.
It seems a few people got emails yesterday saying their vehicles are built and awaiting shipment from Europe. I am not entirely sure that there isn't a lag between what our dealers are told and reality. There are people in the UK and Europe who have stated on here that they had communication from Ineos that their vehicles are built and awaiting shipment but who know for a fact that they are already sitting at the dealership. It is entirely possible that our AU agents have been updated after the vehicles were already put on a boat. At least that's me being optimistic.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It seems a few people got emails yesterday saying their vehicles are built and awaiting shipment from Europe. I am not entirely sure that there isn't a lag between what our dealers are told and reality. There are people in the UK and Europe who have stated on here that they had communication from Ineos that their vehicles are built and awaiting shipment but who know for a fact that they are already sitting at the dealership. It is entirely possible that our AU agents have been updated after the vehicles were already put on a boat. At least that's me being optimistic.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Hypothesis is that the website status reflects a workflow that for data quality/integration reasons is presently estranged from actual production status.
I've heard no-one report 'In Transit' status, but clearly vehicles are literally bring shipped hither and thither as we speak.

Talking to BMW about bikes (actually, a CE 04) and these have an 8 month fulfilment timeline at present, and therefore make a wholly unsatisfactory diversion.

Hoping for a Don Carlos delivery however it sounds like there's a crunch on accessories and I went to town on that front.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I asked my agent yesterday if he knew of any other ships enroute to Australia with Grenadiers on board. He did not.

However, Justin Hocevar was quite definite in stating, on 24 February, that after the Dan Carlos, a ship would leave Europe approximately every 2 weeks with Grenadiers onboard.

If that has in fact occurred since the DC departed Zeebrugge on 26 Feb - then there must be at least TWO or THREE OTHER SHIPS currently heading towards Australia.

What ships, when did they depart and how many G's on board - who knows except IA !!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I asked my agent yesterday if he knew of any other ships enroute to Australia with Grenadiers on board. He did not.

However, Justin Hocevar was quite definite in stating, on 24 February, that after the Dan Carlos, a ship would leave Europe approximately every 2 weeks with Grenadiers onboard.

If that has in fact occurred since the DC departed Zeebrugge on 26 Feb - then there must be at least TWO or THREE OTHER SHIPS currently heading towards Australia.

What ships, when did they depart and how many G's on board - who knows except IA !!
Maybe this should go in the Only Positive Thoughts Here thread.

Local time
Reaction score
Hey all, it looks like the Don Carlos departed Melbourne yesterday meaning all cars have been discharged from the vessel!
Has anyone heard back from their dealerships with an update?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The INEOS guys told me the same thing on the 24th February - however they also said that cars had not been loaded onto any ships at that time.
I am sure that what Justin said was their best intentions at the time, however as we have seen, not all of their best intentions have been attainable.

I have spoken to Justin a few times. He appears to be a no BS kind of guy who you can trust that what he tells you, is 100% what he believes will happen according to the plan.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Davman - I am willing to bet there are Grenadiers on either (or maybe both) the Tonsberg (arriving Melbourne in 5 days) or the Oberon (arriving Melbourne 13 May). Both of these car carriers left Zeebrugge early March

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Davman - I am willing to bet there are Grenadiers on either (or maybe both) the Tonsberg (arriving Melbourne in 5 days) or the Oberon (arriving Melbourne 13 May). Both of these car carriers left Zeebrugge early March
ah Ha! but will they be offloaded in Melb or somewhere else less congested🤔?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing on ship details, but the guys at Ignition (Brisbane) confirmed today they have 3-4 customer cars on ships at present. No demo car though unfortunately.

Reactions: HT

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierboy @Davman @DaveB and anyone else - have you guys heard any updates on these ships?
Tonsberg arrived in Melbourne yesterday morning and departed last night on route to Port Kembla.

Oberon arrives in Papeeta (French Polyanesia) tomorrow, then Brisbane on 8 May & Melbourne 13 May

Tljucan arrives in Fremantle 5 May & Melbourne 10 May

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer says that they will have 2 customers Grenadiers arriving end of May...
Sadly mine isn't one of them.
But i did get my contract this week so fingers crossed for it going into production soon.

Back
Top Bottom