The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Installed my boot rubber mat

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Is there a way to retrofit the interior utility rail?
I'd imagine so. The threaded holes are going to be in your cargo area on all of the trucks. You may just need to cut your floor liner or order a new one from the dealer. You could also just get a piece of L-track from US Cargo Control, Mac's custom tie-downs, etc, and bolt it in. I'm considering getting a section of track to mount along the inner roofline where people are mounting the Bison shelf, and hanging organization off it.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Different holes for non utility rail versions. Not impossible, but not straight forward.
Are you sure? Drawer systems, etc wouldn't be compatible with differently specced vehicles if that were the case. It wouldn't make sense for Ineos to have 2 different cargo floors based on such a simple difference. The external rails for an example were placed on all early builds as a cost saving measure. I don't think they added a separate door part number later on.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
Are you sure? Drawer systems, etc wouldn't be compatible with differently specced vehicles if that were the case. It wouldn't make sense for Ineos to have 2 different cargo floors based on such a simple difference. The external rails for an example were placed on all early builds as a cost saving measure. I don't think they added a separate door part number later on.
I’m pretty sure. The utility rail spec has 3 bolts that hold it down. The non utility has 2.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have only seen renders of the non rail cargo area so I can't confirm it, but would be curious to see a picture under the liner of a non rail model. Even if the center mount is not there I suppose you could still add track (or a rivnut) but you probably wouldn't want to put too much tension right in the center of it.

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
I have only seen renders of the non rail cargo area so I can't confirm it, but would be curious to see a picture under the liner of a non rail model. Even if the center mount is not there I suppose you could still add track (or a rivnut) but you probably wouldn't want to put too much tension right in the center of it.

This is under the liner of the non rail model. Not sure if the bolt in the middle is doing anything, or just filling the hole.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is under the liner of the non rail model. Not sure if the bolt in the middle is doing anything, or just filling the hole.

View attachment 7844853
Thank you! It does look to be in the same position as the center bolt in the L track on mine. Looks like you could add the factory track on if you wanted, or as a cheaper alternative use an aftermarket piece.

JayKrup

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
No it's a perfect fit, that's right out of the box after being rolled up for packing. It is very thin though

Back
Top Bottom