The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment screen protector now available

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Emailed Screenshield Support,very quick reply hes going arrange for Clear Nano Glass version.I did order 3 of the anti glare version so dont know how many hes going to send. Origionally he wanted me to return the product but think cost from uk would have been lot more than the £3.20 they charged for delivery.Seem a good company.Will comment on replacement when arrives.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I purchased the Optic + Antiglare - installed it perfectly (only 2 tiny bubbles), but the blur it created seemed worse to me than the glare on the bare screen. The screen protector is now in the trash.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
I purchased the Optic + Antiglare - installed it perfectly (only 2 tiny bubbles), but the blur it created seemed worse to me than the glare on the bare screen. The screen protector is now in the trash.
Very sorry to hear! I guess that answers my question... and I had just emailed and asked them if they updated the product to resolve this issue. :confused:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
This will sound like I'm on their payroll, I'm not, but do go back to the pics I posted in post #1 and read my comments at posts 21 and 59. I recommended the Clear Diamond product at post 21 after trialling all three material types. Clear Diamond is the product in my post 1 pics. No blurring and reduced reflection/glare.
There are posts in this thread where folks have had positive and negative experiences with the optic + product. It's hard to know.

George is the rep at ScreenShield group. He tells me he has sold a lot of product for the Grenadier. You should contact ScreenShield group if you're not happy with your purchase. Send some pics of the issues you're having. George can't fix what he doesn't know about.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I went with @Clark Kent suggestion and haven't had any problem since installing it in January.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Clark Kent @Tazzieman - is the Clear Diamond like a phone screen protector? Like really, really clear?

Well of course it's subjective, but for comparison here's two pics.

The first is the optic + when I did the material trial with Screenshield group in September 2023. Quite opaque and I gave them feedback that it wasn't really useable.
The 2nd pic is my screen today, complete with dust flecks and dead bugs. That's the finished size Clear Diamond product after it's been installed for 7 months.
I know the pics are not the same and there is some phone camera focal length blurring on the left side of the Clear Diamond pic , but this should give you an idea of the different product.

It's a fairly low res LCD infotainment screen so getting close up pics to demonstrate the screen protector just highlights that the screen isn't sharp to begin with. Unlike your phone, you're typically looking at the screen from at least 2 feet away so you don't really notice it.

Hope this helps 🤷‍♂️

Optic + trial Sep 2023

Optic + Trial Sep 2023.jpg

Clear Diamond today

Clear Diamond April 2024 (installed 7 months).jpg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's amazing how fast some Chinese businesses have been to get knock-off products to market. There's a few China based sellers on EBay Australia selling copies of just about every good product idea that has come out of this forum, including products made by small aftermarket businesses that stepped up to support the Grenadier early. Underseat bags, door pocket organisers, phone holders, Lambda decals, dash trays, antenna mounts, screen protectors, etc. Not typically China cheap prices though.
Same on Amazon.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Replacements arrived today for the antiglare ones i bought.Cant fault customer service of this company.Fitted and seem much better.Now using the clear nano glass.
I found ScreenShield service fantastic also. Wrote to say that my current product very disappointing. Said after six months I had removed. I wasn’t looking for money back as I was happy they were at least trying to find a fix. They insisted on sending the glass version. Arrives anytime.

Back
Top Bottom