The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment screen protector now available

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
Update based on questions and comments in this thread with input from the vendor:
  • Clear Diamond is a plastic product. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-scratch with good anti-glare properties. That's what I am using in the pics above.
  • The Optic+ Anti-Glare is also plastic and offered as a lower cost alternative to the Clear Diamond product. There is an improved anti-glare product coming soon that will replace Optic+ Anti-Glare.
  • The Optic+ Nano Glass is primarily a protective and anti-fingerprint layer. I trialed this product on the Grenadier and got some blurring due to the thicker glass (versus plastic) and the viewing angle from the driver's seat.
  • The Clear Diamond product is only sold in a single pack (but see the introductory offer below).
  • The vendor is in the process of adding Euro to their payment gateway. In the interim they can email invoices in Euro to customers. Just ask.
My advice: Order the Clear Diamond product and you won't be disappointed.
Forum Introductory Offer: If a 3-pack of either Optic+ product is ordered the vendor will give you a free upgrade to a 3-pack of Clear Diamond. This includes existing orders. Offer remains open at their discretion.

The vendor will be on the forum as soon as they are approved by Admin.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I was too fast, yesterday the 3pac Optic+ left Australia to Europe, will tell you how it works, and if not good I switch to the Diamond via Forum

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update based on questions and comments in this thread with input from the vendor:
  • Clear Diamond is a plastic product. It is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-scratch with good anti-glare properties. That's what I am using in the pics above.
  • The Optic+ Anti-Glare is also plastic and offered as a lower cost alternative to the Clear Diamond product. There is an improved anti-glare product coming soon that will replace Optic+ Anti-Glare.
  • The Optic+ Nano Glass is primarily a protective and anti-fingerprint layer. I trialed this product on the Grenadier and got some blurring due to the thicker glass (versus plastic) and the viewing angle from the driver's seat.
  • The Clear Diamond product is only sold in a single pack (but see the introductory offer below).
  • The vendor is in the process of adding Euro to their payment gateway. In the interim they can email invoices in Euro to customers. Just ask.
Forum Introductory Offer: If a 3-pack of either Optic+ product is ordered the vendor will give you a free upgrade to a 3-pack of Clear Diamond. This includes existing orders. Offer remains open at their discretion.

Looking forward to that. I ordered the 3-pack and 2 clear diamond pieces.

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Cool to have the vendor on the forum too :)
It shows me that they stand behind the product

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score

Thanks for your input. I would have likely ordered the glass!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got mine today and applied.

Couple of comments
The positive:
- anti glare is good,
- instructions are clear
- nice little kit with cleaner wipe, placement stickers and squeegee

The, lets say room for improvement
- the protector is not a perfect fit for the screen. It actually hangs over the edges a bit either side.
- I got a 3 pack, but it only came with one accessory kit with wipes etc, so will have to find elsewhere when it comes time to replace.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got mine today and applied.

Couple of comments
The positive:
- anti glare is good,
- instructions are clear
- nice little kit with cleaner wipe, placement stickers and squeegee

The, lets say room for improvement
- the protector is not a perfect fit for the screen. It actually hangs over the edges a bit either side.
- I got a 3 pack, but it only came with one accessory kit with wipes etc, so will have to find elsewhere when it comes time to replace.
Please do send feedback to the vendor as well as posting here. You saw the pics I posted. It was a great fit. We adjusted the size a couple of times to get this right but perhaps there has been some variation between proof and production. Or, there is batch variation in the screens supplied to Ineos.

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
To those that have the Clear Diamond installed, does the anti-glare characteristics help in full daylight while wearing polarized sunglasses? I had a test drive yesterday and had trouble seeing/reading google maps on apple CarPlay without leaning over for a more direct view. I am also wondering if it is possible to “shift” the map from the right side of the display to the left side, i.e. have the vehicle info show up on the right, and the map on the left. (This question is specific to a NA LHD model) Thanks!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To those that have the Clear Diamond installed, does the anti-glare characteristics help in full daylight while wearing polarized sunglasses? I had a test drive yesterday and had trouble seeing/reading google maps on apple CarPlay without leaning over for a more direct view. I am also wondering if it is possible to “shift” the map from the right side of the display to the left side, i.e. have the vehicle info show up on the right, and the map on the left. (This question is specific to a NA LHD model) Thanks!
Hi @ADVer

The clear diamond helps to reduce glare and reflection. 'Reduce' being the key word. There is some residual reflection present.
For polarised sunglasses, I tested this today by holding my glasses in front of the screen then rotating them 90° each way. Made no difference to how the screen appears.
I have not seen a configuration option to flip the screen elements left and right. It's not what you asked, but on my RHD vehicle the screen has done this a few times courtesy of a random software glitch that put the vehicle data on the left side of the screen and blanked the right side. Usually corrects itself within a few seconds.

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Thank you Clark Kent, I appreciate the info and your quick test. I think I will order the screen protector and accept the remaining glare/reflection as one of the livable glitches. Otherwise I was very impressed with my extended test drive on & off road, and at highway speeds.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today arrived in germany (17days), first shipment was lost, and replaced without any cost for me.
Will „glue“ it tomorrow and report here.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also ordered an Optic+ Nano Glass and a Clear Diamond.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Put it now on the screen, nearly invisible, if it‘s anti glare, I will see when sun is shinning again.
The lost parcel appears in a post box south of Melbourne, I should pick up until 30.11., little bit far away from Germany😂

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't like fingerprints on the screen

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just an update bump. Those who are using these products-any updates you’d like share?

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No fingerprints anymore, at the beginning I thought screen looks a little bit blurred, but now it’s OK. Could not say if it’s a lot anti glare…. It’s December, dark and rainy since weeks.
My conclusion: I would buy it again.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there still a forum offer? I anticipate the anti glare is much needed.

Back
Top Bottom