The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment screen protector now available

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Is using a non-glare protector important? I know in our Subaru it is needed because of the way the sun hits the (very large) screen, but in my GMC, with a smaller screen it was not a big deal without.

Any one using THIS BRAND?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
now I use a clear diamond shield and it works very well.

shame about the installation because I left some small air bubbles inside....

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
I have bought this product from Australia but not yet fitted it. Too cold and damp right now but I am hoping it is of benefit. With the sun being so low I have found, at times, the screen clarity is obliterated.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Is using a non-glare protector important? I know in our Subaru it is needed because of the way the sun hits the (very large) screen, but in my GMC, with a smaller screen it was not a big deal without.

Any one using THIS BRAND?
Hi Krabby

There can be a good amount of glare/reflection on the infotainment screen because it is near vertical and the cabin area is a glass house. Without a protector the screen can become unreadable with a low sun as the stripy cat noted above. The 'million miles of testing' must have been done between 10am and 2pm daily?

For me the glare and reflection reduced after I added ceramic tint to the front windows. If you're planning to do window tint then maybe do that first.

Your link points to the USD frontend for Screenshield Group which is the same Aussie based business/products discussed in this thread.

bobbyray1969

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been assisting ScreenShield Group in Australia to prototype a screen protector for the infotainment screen. The finished product is now available for sale. The protector is full size and sits just inside the screen frame. That's my screen below to demonstrate the fit.
The protector does a great job of reducing glare and reflection.

ScreenShield ship worldwide. I have no affiliation with them other than asking if they would develop a protector for the Grenadier.

See here: https://screenshield.com.au/collections/ineos-grenadier?keyword=ineos
Does it help with the reflection on the screen? Matt finish would be great

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
I noted back at Post 21 that the Clear Diamond was the better product over the Optic + anti-glare range. I gave feedback to ScreenShield Group at the time that the anti-glare product blurred the screen. Apparently that's a random issue with some screens and not others due to the thickness of the plastic cover, setback of the LCD panel, etc. They were planning to replace that product with something different when I was discussing this with the rep in August 2023 but I haven't been tracking it since so I have no idea if that change was made.
This is from their Support page:

Do Screen protectors affect display quality?
No, a protector will not affect the sharpness or clarity of your screen display. Our protectors are manufactured with the clearest materials and are fully tested to allow 99.9% of light penetration – simply put, you wont notice it on your device.

If you bought the optic + product and are not happy because of blurring or washout (opacity) then contact ScreenShield group. They want satisfied customers.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will probably remove my anti glare product. I still suffer from reflection at times and I’m not so keen on the look.

Back
Top Bottom