The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Website pics versus real world? Wheel size and ride height.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Just trolling the website looking for when the US pricing will go live. The thing that struck me was that the website pics make the vehicle look much further off the ground than the real world pics. The website pics give the proper relationship between wheel size, width, and ground clearance. While real world pics make it look closer to the ground. I have a feeling it is due to the use of a telephoto lens at a fairly low angle compared to normal to wide lenses for most real world pics.

I’m also really thinking that it needs 33/285s otherwise it looks like a low riding box. The step versions of the running boards hang a bit lower and make it look even lower. Reminds me of the Jeep Commanders from a few years ago.

When I saw them in person, I have to say that they seemed closer to the non-pro pics. Maybe not as squatty as iPhone pics.

I was just trying to look at real world pics and the promo ones. I was looking at the wide plastic part at the bottom door in relation to the rims. I almost wonder if some are sprung differently or something to make them squat more. Or is that a normal PT02 variation for testing? I guess I’ll wait until I see some production ones in person (or my own) before I can really judge.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Other than the appearances, did you notice (or do you feel) that their ride height was a hinderance?

The ~0.5" in ride height gained from going to 285/70/17s (assuming you're on 17s) may not make a world of visual difference, or may make it look lower given that it will fill the wheel well out more. Just food for thought

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Access seems much easier with the side steps. Ordered a pair despite configuring without. It felt harder to access than my 110 Wolf on G90’s.

Back
Top Bottom