The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Original Part Numbers

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I have seen here that the handle on the A-pillar can be mounted on both sides similarly. So my first original part to buy will be the handle for the LHD version to mount it on the driver side.

Question is: Where can I get the part number?
Second question: can I directly order it from INEOS?
And if yes: how and where?

Any ideas?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
Part number - Either have someone with a RHD vehicle remove theirs and see what is on the inside (should be a sticker or stamping) or, perhaps if the parts catalog is available to your local dealership they could look it up
Ordering - I would imagine you could go to your local Ineos rep/dealer and order the part number. If for some reason it isn't available for order in Germany, maybe someone in the UK could arrange for their local rep/dealer to ship it for you

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I would imagine you could go to your local Ineos rep/dealer and order the part number.
Thanks for the idea, but that's exactly what I want to avoid for two reasons: 1st is that I don't want to pay the BMW premium of the BMW dealer where I get my car. And 2nd is that I want to find a way to get parts in the future no matter where I am.

If the handle costs maybe 70 Euros from INEOS, it will probably cost 170 Euros at a BMW dealership.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about a BMW dealer, I doubt very much that they would be able to order the part from INEOS....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But emax agent IS a BMW dealer

OHHHHHHH that makes more sense... Sorry, keep forgetting that in the rest of the world your agents aren't necessarily "just" Ineos

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Most of the German INEOS agents are BMW dealers.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
I have seen here that the handle on the A-pillar can be mounted on both sides similarly. So my first original part to buy will be the handle for the LHD version to mount it on the driver side.

Question is: Where can I get the part number?
Second question: can I directly order it from INEOS?
And if yes: how and where?

Any ideas?
This is exactly what the 3D Repair Manual/ CAD-IT online system is supposed to allow you to do.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I know, but it isn't there.

I have sent a request to the Customer Support. If I get an answer, I'll post it here.

Hello Support,

I want to buy a spare part for my Grenadier.
I know I could ask my agent. But I want a direct order without the agent costs and I want to be able to order it from wherever I am in the world.

What is the correct way and address to do this?

Greets,

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I know, but it isn't there.

I have sent a request to the Customer Support. If I get an answer, I'll post it here.

Yes, I know it probably wasn't a super helpful response, but it is, I believe, the only alternative to visiting your agent.

If I was a betting man, I'd have money on Customer Services using boilerplate answer number one: "please speak to your agent". 😔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
No problem at all.

I first have to find out wther a handle on the driver side can affect the function of some airbag. There was a comment about it here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/melbourne-drive-day.12410675/post-1333145453

I've now sent this request to the customer support. Curious about their answer:

Hello Support,

can you refer me to a person who can authoritatively answer a question about this issue:

The driver's side A-pillar does not have a grab handle like the passenger side A-pillar. However, I have seen that there are mounting points for a grab handle behind the trim on the driver's side as well.

My question is:
Can I attach such a handle there without affecting the function of some airbag?

Thank you very much for your attention.
With kind regards,

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And I believe that such technical issues will increase significantly. The support CAN'T answer that, the agents usually can't either.

So Ineos must gradually come around the corner with a contact person or address for such things.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apart from the potential airbag issue caused by a handle on the driver’s side A-pillar, has the question been asked whether such a handle may obstruct the driver‘s view in such a way that regulators would prohibit its mounting in the vehicle?

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or might the handle even be prohibited as it could cause severe consequences (apart from any potential airbag issue) in a crash?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Just see my posting above yours.

juznut

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Regarding TPMS
I saw that @Stu_Barnes had listed the model to be CONTINENTAL - 407006UA0A
Due to an unfortunate incident Ive had the pleasure of having to take one of mine out to repair (see picture)
Note that Im no pro with this stuff but my googling so far of Stu's model directs me to sensors that don't quite look like this, and in fact directs me to Schrader service parts which I don't think are correct.
As far as I can tell with my research the part number is as shown on the TPMS "A2C82208304" and so have used this to source parts. Fingers crossed it turns out correct.
Could be that not all countries use the same sensor? Not sure why that would be the case though

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 43

CB

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Regarding TPMS
Due to an unfortunate incident Ive had the pleasure of having to take one of mine out to repair (see picture)
Note that Im no pro with this stuff but my googling so far of Stu's model directs me to sensors that don't quite look like this, and in fact directs me to Schrader service parts which I don't think are correct.
As far as I can tell with my research the part number is as shown on the TPMS "A2C82208304" and so have used this to source parts. Fingers crossed it turns out correct.
Could be that not all countries use the same sensor? Not sure why that would be the case though
Check this out. Actual listing for Ineos Grenadier. Doesn't look anything like the original.

juznut

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Check this out. Actual listing for Ineos Grenadier. Doesn't look anything like the original.

I saw these in my search for replacement parts and what I assumed was that these will work with the car, but not necessarily what is supplied with the car.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding TPMS
Good luck and really hope works out. Let us know how you get on as I have second set of rims and tyres. Have posted about it previously in full.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have five of those on second set of rims and tyres and for now they are not recognised. Ryan at Streettracklife has been very decent with the suppliers to try and get to the bottom of it.

I will go to a garage soon along with one original rim/tyre/sensor that was recognised and get them to scan both sensors and compare frequencies etc. (both shld be 433hz I think).

I reckon for now it's most likely a car computer issue and the car needs to be told to scan/relearn the new sensors. Will await a proper OBD tool or get agent to try it out at software update.

For the record I was quoted £1100 from one Ineos agent and £1300 from another just for 5 sensors which I thought was outrageous.

Will update progress in the previous thread when I get any results.

Back
Top Bottom