The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Grenadier - Contact Us

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Greetings...I have been trying in vain to send an inquiry to Grenadier, through their 'drop-down' contact Us box...I have tried various permutations, including changing Country, using a VPN, changing from my computer to my iPad, etc., but my message/inquiry simply fails to send...Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PS. My ad blocker is turned off...

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Nope. I have been able to contact them with annoying requests and questions without any problem ?

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Same, I've gotten three responses in the last two days 

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks...weird...When I click on the button, nothing happens. I'll have to try again!

Local time
Reaction score
So I've tried, using 3 different browsers, (MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox) and both on the computer and on the iPad, without success. It's just as though there were something blocking the message from being sent. I have my inquiry type under the category, of "General Inquiries" , but when I click on "Submit Details", nothing happens. Perhaps someone could shed some light on what should appear next, after clicking "submit Details"...Thanks!

P.S. I'm frustrated with Ineos' decision not to bring the Diesel variant to North America, and would like them to shed some light on their reasons behind this decision.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Triple Seven userid=8864359 postid=1331676329]So I've tried, using 3 different browsers, (MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox) and both on the computer and on the iPad, without success. It's just as though there were something blocking the message from being sent. I have my inquiry type under the category, of "General Inquiries" , but when I click on "Submit Details", nothing happens. Perhaps someone could shed some light on what should appear next, after clicking "submit Details"...Thanks!

P.S. I'm frustrated with Ineos' decision not to bring the Diesel variant to North America, and would like them to shed some light on their reasons behind this decision.[/QUOTE]

Just guessing: (1) you might have a pop-up blocker, but since you've tried three browsers, that is not likely the problem (since you have to install the pop-up blocker on each browser). (2) Your firewall might be stopping the communication. You can dig into those settings and allow specific programs through the firewall. (3) Your anti-malware software might be stopping the communication, and - as with the firewall - you can dig into those settings. It might take some google-fu to figure out how to navigate the settings. My apologies if you know all this stuff - just trying to help.

Shifting away from the technical problem: I don't think you are likely to receive a satisfactory reply from Ineos in response to your question. The replies I have received - while I appreciate the gesture - are lacking in any real substance. The people writing back to us are in customer relations, and are not the engineers, or the market strategists. So don't expect a detailed explanation into their reasoning. Now, if you just want to let them know that you would buy a diesel - that's another matter - and by all means you should send them your feedback!

My two cents: Excluding heavy duty trucks that are used for heavy towing, I don't think the market case for diesels in the U.S. is very good. Forced induction gas engines now provide a lot of the driving characteristics that people enjoy in diesels (low end grunt in particular), without the hassle of DEF, and the complicated emissions systems in modern diesels. Sadly, (1) diesels have become expensive to purchase (Ineos looks like it will buck that trend in Australia, where the gas and diesel are going to be priced the same), (2) expensive to maintain, (3) less reliable - with a fairly high rate of problems with the emissions systems, and (4) there are other little issues, like dirtier fuel (fueling gloves?), and less availability of fuel in some places. Often, a failure in the emissions can either shut the vehicle down or put it into limp-mode. Its really cold where I live (-5 to -30 F most mornings for 2-3 months). This is anecdotal, of course, but the three guys I know who own a Jeep 3.0 Ecodiesel have had the DEF pump fail (it needs to pump DEF out of the lines upon vehicle shut-down, so the lines don't freeze). When the DEF lines freeze, the vehicle is useless. Maybe they had a production problem that is now resolved - I don't know. Older diesels were dirty, unfortunately, but ran forever. My two buddies with pre-DEF 5.9 I6 Cummins love their trucks, and will never give them up. I know a couple of people who have deleted the emissions systems from their modern diesels, and they love their trucks, but I'm not condoning that...

Of course, diesels still get better mileage than gas engines, and so provide better range (on the same size tank), but that seems to be the only really significant advantage (albeit an important one).

I guess that ended up being more like 5 or 6 cents ?

Local time
Reaction score
First of all...Thanks for such a thorough response. I initially suspected a pop-up blocker, but tried to disable everything. That's also why I tried using different browsers, followed by the iPad instead. There may be some sort of a firewall hidden in my Wi-Fi, so I might try sending the message from my phone, with the Wi-Fi turned off.

In the meantime, your comments regarding the Diesel make a lot of sense...Perhaps it's simply all of the stringent EPA requirements, etc., that make the difference between making the Diesel a great option and making it a much more costly and less viable option. (I think California standards, basically set the standard for the rest of North America, or at least Canada-U.S.A.) I wouldn't know how to go about defeating the requirements...With everything being so heavily computerized nowadays, one might be opening up a whole different can of worms. Probably a little more complicated than 'jail-breaking ' an iPhone!

P.S. It's cold here too...(on the east coast of Canada), but currently about -2F...Curious about where you're located...Winnipeg...Alaska? Thanks again!

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
The Grand Valley in Colorado. Its a balmy 17 degrees F right now - positively tropical ?

Good luck contacting Ineos!

Local time
Reaction score
Your neck of the woods is on my bucket list...Hopefully, X-Country in my new Grenadier! (But not necessarily during winter, unless I bring my skis...)

Local time
Reaction score
-26C tonight...-15F...That about the coldest I've seen it out our way...Burrr!

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Triple Seven userid=8864359 postid=1331680174]Your neck of the woods is on my bucket list...Hopefully, X-Country in my new Grenadier! (But not necessarily during winter, unless I bring my skis...)[/QUOTE]

Great skiing around here! Winter Park Resort, back-country, and two world class Nordic areas (Snow Mountain Ranch, and Devil's Thumb Ranch). Ice-climbing in Rocky Mtn National Park, and you can snow shoe up to the Divide if you aren't into back-country skiing. Winter is great here. If you get off the valley floor (which is around 8,500 feet above sea level), its not as cold. So skiing on the Divide is usually warmer than driving around in town.

Local time
Reaction score
That sounds great...I may have to drag the Mrs. along, kicking and screaming though!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Are the events in Ukraine with Russia at the moment likely to effect the production timetable for the Grenadier?

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Les Hiddins  Bushguide userid=8850676 postid=1331919070]Are the events in Ukraine with Russia at the moment likely to effect the production timetable for the Grenadier?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so. A couple of years ago I was involved in some modelling of Russian military action in Ukraine. In most of our forecasts, Putin holds the two Eastern Districts but pushes no further - for now. If Putin holds position in Luhansk and Donetsk, we didn't have Western forces taking military action, just implementing sanctions. Eventually (years from now), we had Russian forces driving down from Donetsk to the Crimean peninsula, thereby establishing a land corridor linking Russia proper to Crimea. Of course - of course - our models could be wrong!

In 2018/2019 the Russians finished construction on a 12-mile bridge across the Kerch Strait between Russia and Crimea, thereby linking Russia proper to Crimea both for automobile traffic, and by rail. However, this bridge is a vulnerable chokepoint, and not a reliable military corridor, hence the Russian desire to link Crimea to Russia proper through Eastern Ukraine. Here is a map of the bridge they built - a fairly impressive undertaking:

Here is a photo of a section of that bridge in 2019 (from wikipedia):

If Putin holds pat for now, and doesn't move beyond Luhansk and Donetsk, I don't see disruptions to Grenadier production. Sanctions against Russia should not disrupt the Grenadier supply chain, unless there are some Russia or Eastern Ukraine sourced parts I am unaware of. I don't imagine Ineos sourcing parts from this region, given that this geopolitical crisis has been on the horizon since 2014. I think Sir Ratcliffe is more savvy than that - but of course, this is speculation.

EDIT: Given Putin's comments over the last 12 hours, all bets are off with regard to his intentions. He seems to be arguing that Ukraine should not exist as an independent country, and that the entire country should be annexed by Russia. His beliefs are rooted in the Russian experience of World War 2 (and previous invasions of Russia), and the deep-seated idea that Russia needs a buffer zone to insulate it from European invasion. NATO expansion has generated anxiety in the Kremlin for decades, but the possibility of Ukraine joining NATO has always been a bridge too far from Putin's perspective.

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
The impact of the Russia/Ukraine fighting could affect more of the automotive sector than you might expect. I'm told that the Ukrainians have developed a capability in vehicle wiring loom building, so there could be anxious thoughts all over Europe and beyond. 

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Jeremy Edwards  Jeremy996 userid=8850576 postid=1332033326]The impact of the Russia/Ukraine fighting could affect more of the automotive sector than you might expect. I'm told that the Ukrainians have developed a capability in vehicle wiring loom building, so there could be anxious thoughts all over Europe and beyond. [/QUOTE]

Yup - you are correct about that. This article only lists BMW and Porsche as being affected, but who knows how that might change. It really is a global economy...

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/ukraine-invasion-hurts-flow-wire-harnesses-carmakers-2022-03-02/

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Its now almost the middle of April and no news from Ineos concerning the production of the Grenadier. Surely its about time to let us all know if the Production timetable is still on schedule?

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As per Ineos representative in one of the independent videos posted yesterday (taken at Ineos demo in Chiswick, West London) - link to new configurator including prices will be sent out this week to UK reservation holders. UK dealers will get demo vehicles in August.  UK deliveries will start in September.

Back
Top Bottom