The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos Grenadier burned down in Germany - Technical defect

AWo

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
That's two that have caught fire. Did we ever get causation with the Stockton fire?
Edit with right area

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Unless it was someone lighting a fire inside , or driving over a fire and stopping (or grass getting caught in the undercarriage) , "technical defect" could mean anything.
Electrical , fluid leak(petrol , brake , P/S etc) .
And @ADVAW8S I presume you mean the Stockton beach fire? I haven't heard the result of the autopsy.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unless it was someone lighting a fire inside , or driving over a fire and stopping (or grass getting caught in the undercarriage) , "technical defect" could mean anything.
Electrical , fluid leak(petrol , brake , P/S etc) .
And @ADVAW8S I presume you mean the Stockton beach fire? I haven't heard the result of the autopsy.
IIRC....They're having difficulty fleshing out the report....:cool:

Reactions: PBD

Braydo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
That's two that have caught fire. Did we ever get causation with the Stockton fire?
Edit with right area
I've asked twice, 2 different people (agents), and both said the exact same thing - Ineos are taking it (the Stockton fire) very seriously and are investigating. As for whether they will report the findings, they didn't know. I suggested it's better to be transparent than not.

I have a Ford and when they released my model a press car went up in flames during the launch event - of course it was splashed all over the motoring media at the time. But Ford quickly released the findings of their investigation, provided assurances the cause was fixed and would not reoccur, and the vehicle went on to become one of their best sellers. Granted, a few further fires from other causes did occur in that model, but it appears none (in Australia) from the original cause as far as I can tell from monitoring the online forums.

Lack of transparency is worse than transparency in this situation. While uncommon, fires do occur. And while a single person can relatively easily escape a vehicle fire, include children in car seats and it's a different story (not to mention the potential consequences of a vehicle fire during remote travel when all your survival and communications equipment is in the vehicle). A consumer needs to know the areas of risk in the product they own so they can monitor them - lack of transparency is both dangerous and bad business.

Back
Top Bottom