The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Impossible to connect my Android phone to have AndroidAuto

Arnaud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
(sorry for my bad English 🙏)

Hello everybody ,
I have my Grenadier for two weeks and and I've never been able to worked Android Auto ...

At the beginning I tried with my official Ineos garage when I received my Grenadier. I thought it was my wire but I tried with a new one (official samsung) and it didn't work but with an iPhone it worked perfectly to have Apple Car Play.

In this forum I read someone used a wireless adaptater and I bought one but it always doesn't work :cry:

This is my software version :
1697553416909.png

Thank you for your help !

Last edited:
Reactions: CB
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. I did not even try mine until a few weeks after picking up my Grenadier. I have two phones one running Android 10 and one running Android 13. Both have worked intermittently a bit but often disconnect and won't reconnect easily. I was starting to think I had a faulty USB C socket in my car. I have read that you need to have Android 11 as a minimum but my Android 10 phone has worked for a while. I have read there are a lot of poor quality USB C cables around so I have ordered a supposedly high quality cable to try and a wireless dongle. I'll update here when I've tried them.

Anyone else having similar problems ?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Marks

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Arnaud, I also had problems. I bought an adapter for wireless connection which was recommended in the forum. After a view tries it work using this sequence: I connected the adapter to the car and afterwards the phone to the adapter. Good luck...

Vote:
Upvote 1
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi Arnaud, I also had problems. I bought an adapter for wireless connection which was recommended in the forum. After a view tries it work using this sequence: I connected the adapter to the car and afterwards the phone to the adapter. Good luck...
What was the make/model of the adaptor? Do you have a link to it ?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Arnaud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Marks, I will try !

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
(sorry for my bad English 🙏)

Hello everybody ,
I have my Grenadier for two weeks and and I've never been able to worked Android Auto ...

At the beginning I tried with my official Ineos garage when I received my Grenadier. I thought it was my wire but I tried with a new one (official samsung) and it didn't work but with an iPhone it worked perfectly to have Apple Car Play.

In this forum I read someone used a wireless adaptater and I bought one but it always doesn't work :cry:

This is my software version :
View attachment 7829899

Thank you for your help !
Hi Arnaud, I presume you are using the C type socket with a C to C cable and not the USB A socket.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Je dispose d'un téléphone Samsung en version Android 12 que j'ai connecté au système d'info divertissement du Grenadier pour la réception et l'envoi d'appel téléphonique.
Le bluetoth du téléphone doit être activé

1697555986027.png

La connexion est traduite par le passage en bleu de l'icône sur l'écran du Grenadier.
Il faut ensuite configurer les options sur le Grenadier

1697556238261.png

Pour la connexion Android Auto, il est nécessaire de raccorder le téléphone par un câble (de bonne qualité) sur la prise USB C qui se trouve dans le cubby box sur la face avant intérieure côté conducteur.

Dès le raccordement, l'écran du Grenadier affiche les icônes des logiciels présents sur le téléphone
1697556489177.png

Pour faire défiler les écrans, il suffit d'appuyer sur l'icône identifiée par la flèche jaune.
Bonne soirée

Vote:
Upvote 0

Arnaud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Je dispose d'un téléphone Samsung en version Android 12 que j'ai connecté au système d'info divertissement du Grenadier pour la réception et l'envoi d'appel téléphonique.
Le bluetoth du téléphone doit être activé

View attachment 7829901

La connexion est traduite par le passage en bleu de l'icône sur l'écran du Grenadier.
Il faut ensuite configurer les options sur le Grenadier

View attachment 7829902

Pour la connexion Android Auto, il est nécessaire de raccorder le téléphone par un câble (de bonne qualité) sur la prise USB C qui se trouve dans le cubby box sur la face avant intérieure côté conducteur.

Dès le raccordement, l'écran du Grenadier affiche les icônes des logiciels présents sur le téléphone
View attachment 7829903

Pour faire défiler les écrans, il suffit d'appuyer sur l'icône identifiée par la flèche jaune.
Bonne soirée
Je te remercie et c'est exactement ce que j'ai fait mais impossible d'avoir Android Auto en suivant ce process... alors que j'ai acheté un cable neuf officiel samsung :(

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I use the AAwireless adapter that has worked well since I bought it in June. I would suggest a software update to 1946 first though as it will probably solve your issues. It certainly made mine connect quicker once updated.

Vote:
Upvote 1

Arnaud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I use the AAwireless adapter that has worked well since I bought it in June. I would suggest a software update to 1946 first though as it will probably solve your issues. It certainly made mine connect quicker once updated.
Thank you Rab, I am totally agree with you but how can I update the infotainment software ?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Effectivement je suis dans la version 1946 et ça fonctionne

Vote:
Upvote 1

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Android Auto worked intermittently with a cable to the USB c port. Software ver. still xxxx1939

I purchased a WiFi adapter: Ottocast a2 Air Pro. It only works with the cable included with the adapter. Having said that it has been flawless. Even with the phone in my pocket and the adapter sitting in the console with the lid closed. Navigation (Sygic and Google maps) has minimal lag... Very happy with it!

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Rab, I am totally agree with you but how can I update the infotainment software ?
You need to go back to your Ineos dealer to get your software up to the latest version.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I have the 1946 software but Android Auto is unstable. It works for about a minute regardless of phone , USB wire (new , high quality) , bluetooth dongle etc. The inbuilt car microphone doesn't work either.
It is a problem with the Ineos head unit and I'm waiting for the Big Software Update to fix it.
Until then you either have it working - or you don't.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom