The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WIFI signal of the car

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
I knew the Grenadier had a WIFI signal, Apple Car Play uses this together with Bluetooth, for wireless connection of the iPhone.

But, anyone connected to it with an Android phone? Does anyone know what the password is?

Screenshot 2023-06-15 223654.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier ~ I've had to invest in a new Android phone, just waiting for my number to be ported over in the next day or two and then I'll be grappling/groping in the dark with this. If I get as far as the WiFi I'll post my experiences.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As my dealer Hedin Belgium, as usual doesn't seem to listen to my questions, neither reads my e-mails, I did contact Customer Support.
My question: (only the two most relevant phrases)
  • What is the password for connecting to it, or how can I get it?
  • Thanks for your answer, and please, don’t tell me to ask my dealer: I asked, and he doesn’t know.
I was "friendly" concerning Hedin, I said "he doesn't know", instead of "he doesn't answer".

Response of Ineos Customer Service (only the most relevant phrase):
  • The best course of action in receiving technical support for your vehicle is to contact your local dealer, and they will be able to answer to your question.
:eek: :unsure: :mad:
My kids pretend I have a "French" accent when speaking English, but I didn't know it was so bad!

My response to Ineos:
  • It looks like you didn’t read my mail. I explicitly asked NOT to tell me to contact my dealer. They almost never give me an answer.
40 minutes later phone call from a French speaking friendly African guy calling from London (I am located in the Dutch speaking part, but Ineos never took care to be aware that 60% of the Belgian population speaks Dutch: their website for Belgium is in French and ... German!).
The most relevant part of the conversation (I leave behind my 10 minutes complaining):
  • He: May I suggest that you contact another dealer in Belgium, I will give you his number, you speak French, therefore no problem.
  • Me: No, I think it is Customer Service who has to contact the right person and provide me the right information.
But he gave me anyway the name and number of the Commercial guy of ... Reul Sport (I already mentioned that new Belgian dealer somewhere else on the forum).
He promised me that he would chase the answer.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
As my dealer Hedin Belgium, as usual doesn't seem to listen to my questions, neither reads my e-mails, I did contact Customer Support.
  • Thanks for your answer, and please, don’t tell me to ask my dealer: I asked, and he doesn’t know.
I was "friendly" concerning Hedin, I said "he doesn't know", instead of "he doesn't answer".

• The best course of action in receiving technical support for your vehicle is to contact your local dealer, and they will be able to answer to your question.
My kids pretend I have a "French" accent when speaking English, but I didn't know it was so bad!

My response to Ineos:
  • It looks like you didn’t read my mail. I explicitly asked NOT to tell me to contact my dealer. They almost never give me an answer.
40 minutes later phone call from a French speaking friendly African guy calling from London (I am located in the Dutch speaking part, but Ineos never took care to be aware that 60% of the Belgian population speaks Dutch: their website for Belgium is in French and ... German!).
The most relevant part of the conversation (I leave behind my 10 minutes complaining):
  • He: May I suggest that you contact another dealer in Belgium, I will give you his number, you speak French, therefore no problem.
  • Me: No, I think it is Customer Service who has to contact the right person and provide me the right information.
But he gave me anyway the name and number of the Commercial guy of ... Reul Sport (I already mentioned that new Belgian dealer somewhere else on the forum).
That guy just quit and the dealer handed the agency back in.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score

My response to Ineos:

Pas tres bon 🇫🇷

Niet erg goed 🇳🇱

Nicht ser gut 🇩🇪

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got a phone call today in French from Customer Services concerning my question of "WIFI" password, he chased the answer as promised.

His answer was about like this
  • "the answer I got from our technical service is that there is no WIFI signal in the car".
Problem solved! :devilish:

I am probably hallucinating! :alien:
Screenshot 2023-06-15 223654.png

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Got a phone call today in French from Customer Services concerning my question of "WIFI" password, he chased the answer as promised.

• "the answer I got from our technical service is that there is no WIFI signal in the car".

View attachment 7825162
I get the same on my work van (MB Sprinter) 🤷

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lots of answers like this to be found in this forum. Seems that Ineos uses AI for the responses.
I would be overjoyed that they use NI for their answers, so Natural Intelligence. :sneaky:

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
I believe this “wifi network” is for the Apple CarPlay as it uses both Wifi and Bluetooth to establish a wireless CarPlay connection.
Android Auto does the same if it is turned on (Happens on my Skoda Enyaq).
A bit strange why Carplay can do wireless but Android Auto can't.

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7825162
Well that is one way of solving the problem just say that that feature does not exist haha there can't be a problem if it doesn't exist again the Penguins approach from Madagascar.
View: https://youtu.be/9F3iBMYvQOs?t=47

That is just rude as a Dutch man even I feel that!

Back
Top Bottom