The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I'm starting to worry.

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I need to share something with you.

I hope that language is not a barrier and that I am well understood.

I'm going to confess, the reality is that I don't need the Grenadier, I want it, but I don't need it, if IA told me today, "unfortunately due to the chip crisis, we won't deliver Your Grenadier until May 2023",.... it would not affect me.

I would wait.

I have a reservation as of September 30, 2021.
I have the order since May 19, 2022.

I have changed my configuration to avoid the problem with the Shale Blue color not available.

And I am still waiting for them to tell me something concrete,... last Wednesday I consulted them, because the last thing I had was that the contract was already arriving, and that it had manufacturing in December and delivery in January / February 2023,...and still nothing.

Like many users here.

I have received the mail "we will improve the communication policy",... and still nothing.
I have received the mail "very soon you will receive the contract",... and still nothing.

I´m very concerned about AI poor communication policy, I assume that I am buying a new model, which is also manufactured by a new company.... It is highly probable that there will be some youth problems in the first years, but I assume that if IA wants the business project to succeed, the answer to those problems that arise should be a very good answer, nobody puts so much money into a project and then does not respond to basic things,... or do they?

But...

Seeing the response of the communication policy, can I really expect an after sales and warranty service up to the level of the project?

I am frankly very concerned.

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
Entiendo tu preocupación yo tampoco lo necesito y por eso tengo la reserva pero no he firmado el contrato ni pienso pagar nada hasta que lo vea en la calle, lo pruebe en carretera y espere un poco para ver la fiabilidad.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm with you - unfortunately I have signed the contract. Lots of irrelevant PR and no sign of a customer vehicle or even reviews by the motoring magazines. Waiting is OK, if you have a vehicle to use in the meantime, I do not. Hopefully, some positive news in January and not a further delay.

If I could move back in time, I would not have signed the contract.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Oscar,

very easy to understand your concerns.
But since I'm in a quite similar position (want it, but don't exactly "need" it, ordered, got promised a contract, but nothing happened etc etc), it's not really vital and I'm relaxed. Won't take the Gren to the outback in the first years, only use it for business, so even reliability won't be an issue as long as it's at least on, let's say, VW-level ;-)
What I would recommend: Relax. Wait and see. As was stated often around here: IA seems to be much better in developing and prototyping cars than in anything regarding customer attention. I bet they will be also good at building cars. What's to be considered an advantage I think: A good car with bad mfgr communication is better than a good communication and a bad car.
In best case, once you received your Gren, you won't need anything from IA for a long time. That's what I'm hoping for. And during this time, they surely will improve on customer attention...

Mid of next year will see us behind the wheel!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score

I'm going to confess, the reality is that I don't need the Grenadier, I want it, but I don't need it, if IA told me today, "unfortunately due to the chip crisis, we won't deliver Your Grenadier until May 2023",.... it would not affect me.

I would wait.

I have changed my configuration to avoid the problem with the Shale Blue color not available.

And I am still waiting for them to tell me something concrete,... last Wednesday I consulted them, because the last thing I had was that the contract was already arriving, and that it had manufacturing in December and delivery in January / February 2023,...and still nothing.

Like many users here.

I have received the mail "we will improve the communication policy",... and still nothing.
I have received the mail "very soon you will receive the contract",... and still nothing.

I´m very concerned about AI poor communication policy, I assume that I am buying a new model, which is also manufactured by a new company.... It is highly probable that there will be some youth problems in the first years, but I assume that if IA wants the business project to succeed, the answer to those problems that arise should be a very good answer, nobody puts so much money into a project and then does not respond to basic things,... or do they?

But...

Seeing the response of the communication policy, can I really expect an after sales and warranty service up to the level of the project?

Most of the after sales communication should be with your dealer so select them wisely if you can.
There will definitely be some car issues, even Rolls Royce has a warranty.
Hopefully the new senior management will be more focused on standard business practices

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
I'm assuming that if Santa is real , a contract will be pushed down my flue sometime 24th>25 December.
If not , then I know Santa is a western commercial construct sent to prise the wallet open.
Note to Santa : wallet will be completely empty after the Grenadier arrives. But that's OK. I believe in Ineos now :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm assuming that if Santa is real , a contract will be pushed down my flue sometime 24th>25 December.
If not , then I know Santa is a western commercial construct sent to prise the wallet open.
Note to Santa : wallet will be completely empty after the Grenadier arrives. But that's OK. I believe in Ineos now :D
The way the weather has been going you better make sure the fire is not burning

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The way the weather has been going you better make sure the fire is not burning
If it is , it might attract Satan , not the saintly one

painter

Reservation Holder
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score

I would wait.

Like many users here.

But...

Frankly I'm surprised to keep reading of these communication concerns. I had never heard of Ineos before the Grenadier car but with just a little research and I see the Ineos Group is large and international. They have involvement in a diverse range from pipelines to supporting children's fitness. They must be smart and dynamic to have grown so much in such a relatively short time.

New company division or not how can such a large experienced Group not insist on better communication with their customers ?

Is it because their dealings with the public are mostly PR, their sales mostly business to business ? Even with B2B who would put up with it if they didn't need too ? Likewise for commercial and institutional supply.

I can see Ford or GMC dropping the ball, they've been around a very long time, they have record to maintain. :)

But I find it a bit surprising with this outfit.

With the greatest respect to the readership ... my Geordie father would say it's just a typical English "c__k up". Is it really that simple ?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I would wait.

Like many users here.

But...

We have been pretty lucky here in Australia that the local business leader has been active on Facebook etc. I am not overly worried because I have spoken directly with both INEOS Australia staff and my local Agent. From what I understand they sent out the first round of contracts and then decided they needed to change their systems and that has held up the next round of contracts which will probably go out in Mid Jan, but it won’t affect build dates, even if your build date is in January. I would highly recommend you have a chat with whoever your local agent is as they now have access ro more detailed information. Whilst I agree their communications haven’t been perfect, they are actually better and more personal than most companies, but they made the (possibly mistake) decision to start the communications at an earlier stage than most companies would who would usually wait until everything completely sorted before even starting the comms. You also need to understand that theybare far effectively without revenue and despite a huge investment are probably still fairly lean until they get revenue coming in.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the senior Ineos staff were starting to leave the ship then I would be worried
We stand a slight chance of losing our deposit if things were to wrong.
Thy lose their jobs and income in an industry which isn't really adding employees at the moment

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with you - unfortunately I have signed the contract. Lots of irrelevant PR and no sign of a customer vehicle or even reviews by the motoring magazines. Waiting is OK, if you have a vehicle to use in the meantime, I do not. Hopefully, some positive news in January and not a further delay.

If I could move back in time, I would not have signed the contract.
Yes, hankering after a contract which doesn't actually seem to sit on any critical timeline at the moment doesn't seem worthwhile.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, hankering after a contract which doesn't actually seem to sit on any critical timeline at the moment doesn't seem worthwhile.
Correct, you are in a good position. I would expect a journey review of a production vehicle in the next 3 weeks. My vehicle is supposed to be in production on 13 January, if that happens we can ALL relax.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Igual para mi ...

But indeed, their Company communication is crap.
The last months, I communicate more with my retailer/dealer. He has access to the internal production planning system of Ineos. He confirmed me two days ago that my planned build date is somewhere in January.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just been on live chat with Ineos regarding add ins to my configuration and dealership change. I have a provisional build date of February and a delivery estimate of March / April. Screen shot of last meagre attachedAE8030B9-69A6-482B-A599-62184897834F.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A funny update of my order ... yesterday I checked my account, everything OK, I ordered a Grenadier, the configuration corresponds to what I agreed (contract signed) with the retailer/dealer.

Today, I logged in, in my account to see this in my "ordered cars" window:
20221222 commande.png
Translation: "you don't have any orders for the time being" :eek:

Probably they are bankrupt. :unsure:

But I still have a reservation of 450€! :ROFLMAO:

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A funny update of my order ... yesterday I checked my account, everything OK, I ordered a Grenadier, the configuration corresponds to what I agreed (contract signed) with the retailer/dealer.

Today, I logged in, in my account to see this in my "ordered cars" window:
View attachment 7798391
Translation: "you don't have any orders for the time being" :eek:

Probably they are bankrupt. :unsure:

But I still have a reservation of 450€! :ROFLMAO:
I had the same problem yesterday too. I could not log into my German account. I then switched to the Australian site, which also showed me that I didn't have an order, but I was then able to switch to my German account from there. Today everything is ok again. Ineos is not broke yet !!!!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
.... I then switched to the Australian site, which also showed me that I didn't have an order, ...
Yes, when you switch to another country, you don't have any order, that has always been like this. The order is linked to "your" country.
But I am not worried at all (for the time being) ;)

Back
Top Bottom