The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I'm starting to worry.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Musk was one of 5 co-founders.

It’s quite unusual that someone who comes into an existing company with an existing idea will be called co-founder after a while. In my opinion it says more about the ego of Elon Musk than about the truth about who has been the founders…

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score

Found - “to take the first steps in building”

Cofound - “to join one or more others in founding”

Tesla timeline:

- Company incorporated as Tesla Motors, Inc. on July 1, 2003, by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning

- Third employee Ian Wright joins in September

- February 2004 Musk invests in Tesla during a capital raising and becomes the largest shareholder and chairman of the board

- JB Straubel comes on a month later.

The point being you don’t have to be a founder to make a massive difference in the success or failure of a company.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
I find rum or a good red sorts that out.
Rum is a good solvent when you've run out of metho.
I don't think it has to be a good red. Just a red.
Enough to make you snore and sleep badly ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

I think he indeed was, and it was him who made the company become the global player it is today. But the assessment of a person's performance is not always fair. 'History' shows a lot of such questionable records. See Columbus, Bell, Wright and others:

Columbus was not the first to discover America, Bell not the first which invented the telephone and the Wright Brothers probably not the first to fly a motorized aircraft.

Narratives (aka 'History') and truth are two different things.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
If you were to erect a statue of him [Musk] today, we will find a reason to pull it down...maybe tomorrow or 100 years...funny old world but if our thinking today doesn't suit...down you come.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you were to erect a statue of him [Musk] today, we will find a reason to pull it down...maybe tomorrow or 100 years...funny old world but if our thinking today doesn't suit...down you come.
Every statue will go down, nobody will remember nobody within 1000 years apart from very small exceptions. Who remembers the inventor of the boomerang? Nobody! By the way, fantastic invention! That's the basis of airplane flying!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Every statue will go down, nobody will remember nobody within 1000 years apart from very small exceptions. Who remembers the inventor of the boomerang? Nobody! By the way, fantastic invention! That's the basis of airplane flying!
I can’t remember, but it will come back to me…

Back
Top Bottom