The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas If I have an RAI from factory will this be supplied with the blanking plates so it can be removed if I wish?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
If I have an RAI from factory will this be supplied with the blanking plates so it can be removed if I wish?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Americas Response:

"No. However, Blanking plates will be available as a spare part from an authorized INEOS Retail Partner"

Last edited:
Vote:
Solution
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Just received this from Customer Service for my question if the RAI intake can be removed and fitted with the non-RAI plate:

CASE REFERENCE: 101991

Hi Mark,

I hope you are well,

Looking into your queries, the Raised Air Intake is not designed to be removed or fitted after manufacture.

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received this from Customer Service for my question if the RAI intake can be removed and fitted with the non-RAI plate:

Hi Mark,

I hope you are well,

Looking into your queries, the Raised Air Intake is not designed to be removed or fitted after manufacture.
Hi Heater, I concur with Bruce. The information from customer support is wrong. It's my understanding that you will be able to easily remove the RAI and install a new trim cover plate in approximately 15 min or less.

You will of course need to first order a new trim cover plate from Ineos direct or your dealer.

I have a pre-order in on a Trial Master and if comes with the RAI. You cannot uncheck an RAI on a Trial Master Build.
I plan to remove mine and put a new trim cover plate on once I am able to secure one.

If anyone knows differently, please share

DaBull

Vote:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi Heater, I concur with Bruce. The information from customer support is wrong. It's my understanding that you will be able to easily remove the RAI and install a new trim cover plate in approximately 15 min or less.

You will of course need to first order a new trim cover plate from Ineos direct or your dealer.

I have a pre-order in on a Trial Master and if comes with the RAI. You cannot uncheck an RAI on a Trial Master Build.
I plan to remove mine and put a new trim cover plate on once I am able to secure one.

If anyone knows differently, please share

DaBull
You will also need the covers for the mounting points on the A pillar
1686532226234.png

Vote:

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
the Raised Air Intake is not designed to be removed or fitted after manufacture.
Wow, that's a really disappointing thing to hear from a company that allegedly values hands-on owners and a simple, maintainable, modifiable truck.

Sure, invalidate some warranty related to non-factory removal of it. But a raised air intake is one of the easiest and most modular accessories imaginable on a 4x4. 🤦‍♂️

Vote:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Heater Someone already posted that they swapped their RAI for blanking plates with another buyer, so whatever support told you is wrong.
To be fair, what they said is probably not wrong, however that in no way means it can’t be done. The RAI vehicles have intake ducting inside the wing which presumably is not there in the non RAI vehicles. I don’t know where they draw air from but it appears to be different. That doesn’t mean it can’t be modified, their answers just mean that it isn’t supplied with a blanking plate, which is not surprising, and that it wasn’t designed to be removed or replaced which is also likely true.

Last edited:
Vote:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, what they said is probably not wrong, however that in no way means it can’t be done. The RAI vehicles have intake ducting inside the wind which presumably is not there in the non RAI vehicles. I don’t know where they draw air from but it appears to be different. That doesn’t mean it can’t be modified, their answers just mean that it isn’t supplied with a blanking plate, which is not surprising, and that it wasn’t desinged to be removed or replaced which is also likely true.
Why would any vehicle manufacturer supply a free blanking plate with a raised air intake?
What % of customers would actually ever use it?

Vote:

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
I also ordered a Trialmaster but I already specified on the order that I want the plates to remove the snorkel.

the work seems very simple to me. it should just be 6 screws and the bulb connector.

let's see what comes.

Vote:

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score

Hi Mark,

I hope you are well,

I don't understand, first they give you the spare part code and then they say it can't be installed?

does that spare part number also include the two plates on the bulkhead?

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
I also ordered a Trialmaster but I already specified on the order that I want the plates to remove the snorkel.

the work seems very simple to me. it should just be 6 screws and the bulb connector.

let's see what comes.
Without trying to blur the lines too much, are you waiting on a vehicle in Italy or the US?

Vote:

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone thought of using those A-Pillar RAI mounting points to attach an UHF aerial base? Looks like it could be a good spot for an aerial.
I agree that the A-Pillar could be a good mounting point, provided that the base is long enough to raise the aerial above the roof line.

Last edited:
Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
in Italy. are there differences?
The responses in this thread are specific to the US, in the EU the official answer could be different

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom