The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas I came, I saw, I drove then walked…

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
It s 5 link. On something with a single radius arm like an fj80 or 2016 G wagon, yes lift will do that, but with a 5 link, they can increase, decrease, or make it completely neutral, or whatever they want when the axle articulates. My guess is, it's close to neutral throughout the range. If return to center continues to be an issue, my guess is someone will come out with some offset bushings to add some caster.
Or longer lower control arms. Either way.🤷‍♂️

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The returning force comes somewhat from toe in/out and mainly from the caster.

Changing the height of the car via a suspension lift reduces the force as it reduces the caster.

AWo

Wouldn't there be a slight increase in negative caster if you lift just the front of the vehicle? I'd think vehicles fitted with front lift springs or leveling pucks should exhibit some (very) slight steering improvement.

EDIT: Correction several posts below.

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
It s 5 link. On something with a single radius arm like an fj80 or 2016 G wagon, yes lift will do that, but with a 5 link, they can increase, decrease, or make it completely neutral, or whatever they want when the axle articulates. My guess is, it's close to neutral throughout the range. If return to center continues to be an issue, my guess is someone will come out with some offset bushings to add some caster.
Wenn the upper and lower links are parallel, then yes. If not, the caster angle changes. And their length plays also a role, so that the caster doesn't change must not be the case...it depends. However, I didn't had a look at how the setup is in the Grenadier, yet.

AWo

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Wouldn't there be a slight increase in negative caster if you lift just the front of the vehicle? I'd think vehicles fitted with front lift springs or leveling pucks should exhibit some (very) slight steering improvement.

Sorry everyone. Brain fart. I just realized I should have said "an increase positive caster if you lift just the front of the vehicle".

Back
Top Bottom