The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hydrogen Fuel Cell Grenadier testing about to start

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
It's already political because of the bulletpoints people posts against the EV. Child labor? Recycling? Life cycle? When these are brought up, we already know which media you consume, ones that big oil supports.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
It's already political because of the bulletpoints people posts against the EV. Child labor? Recycling? Life cycle? When these are brought up, we already know which media you consume, ones that big oil supports.
There are a bunch of reasons I do not want an EV - in particular not a BEV battery powered one - that are my reasons:
I do not want more time to charge up as I would need time to refuel a conventional vehicle.
It is not possible to use spare canisters / jerry cans.
The minimum range must be beyond 700kms.
There is also some problem eg. Powercompanies may shut down loading to avoid network overload (smart load) - no way.
That is also a reason to have backout / bugout capability. My car is never less than half fueled - I usually top up on 3 quarters.
That are personal reasons to do.

The political part is - I learnt some physics - and as long as those to tell us you have to do this and to do that - but they use their private jets, yachts and a bunch of more reasons. The art of marked approach is. Offer something. - If the market is there and people accept it so be it. - People will buy it because it is better than previous products. - This is how smart phones are more widespread than conventional ones. Why flatscreens instead of CRT and so on. Digital Radio vs conventional.
If a EV is better than a gas / diesel driven.. may be. There will be certain markets for EV and there will be certain markets for conventional ICE.. - but not religious or law. If this is getting political or religious its a stop.

An EV will become of interest if for me
IF it is powered by Methanol Direct Fuel Cell AND the methanol is widespread available.
Methanol needs no pressure tank and is of similar risk as any oil based stuff.
Fast refuel
Jerry Can.
Noone can stop me by just shutting down power network .

I think a Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicle is a good intermediate step towards a proper solution. But not the final solution.
Reasons are only technical and not political
I remember exploding Hydrogen Refueling stations in Norway.
Hydrogen storage is risky due to decarbonisation of pressure tanks because the H2 molecules are tiny to slip between molecules of steel and take out the carbon.
The solution is nice but first and foremost a solution must as least not apply more risk than a conventional fueled vehicle.
Also store H2 in jerry cans? - Rather no.
A H-FCEV Grenadier or other likely powered vehicle perhaps resolves the refueling time a bit but use of spare canisters and other long range requirements are not met. So for me and my application a no go.

I may have to be at one place - e.g right in the middle of the night if I am called for search and accident operations or if a fellow needs assistance in the forest and hunting grounds. - No way charging half an hour or so.

That are my reasons and mainly technical and safety concerns that still apply. Very little political.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
on the electric car subject I see Tesla has cancelled right hand drive production of model S and X models due to complexity issues of conversion from LHD

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BTW @Norb-TX this is quite some offensive what kind of media I read.
Indeed I consume quite some information - and I do a more spheric - and I do not take information of media unquestioned. Neither from Big Oil nor those promoting wind generators. - I have a mathematical - IT background - and I am in QS Data Warehouse Analytics - Question everything is my very nature. -

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
but they use their private jets, yachts and a bunch of more reasons.

?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Child labor? Recycling? Life cycle? When these are brought up, we already know which media you consume
Oh yes, evil words. They should be forbidden in EV context.

And it should be forbidden to talk about child labor at all. This spoils the beautiful moralist world of clean energy and sustainability.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
but they use their private jets, yachts
You mean the WEF and the climate summits? The ones which want to rescue the planet?

They're only doing this for our best!

SCNR

Ichabod

Reservation Holder
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
They're only doing this for our best!
Of course they are. Now shut up, stay home, and eat your bugs like the little maggot you are. If you understood the complexities of the world you'd understand they NEED to fly around the world privately while telling you you can't and eating meat while telling you you can't.

I'm not saying we don't have pollution concerns, but you can't take such blatant 2-faced groups seriously. They don't give a crap about the environment or anything other than pure global control. 15 minute cities? "A new normal?" Yet when the nordstream got blown up and dumped all that nat gas into the ocean, not a peep.

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle that. I wish I had more years left!....
Edison didn't even consider hydro & wind....all three together present a pretty compelling argument, just need our kids to develop a lightweight mobile efficient storage device.... ho hum we need some technological advances there..... :)

On the brighter side though, to assuage my Gren green concerns, I have offset the Gren fuel burn with the output from my Solar/micro hydro plants. They produce c93MW/year (deducting houses use) equating to the useable energy from c310,000 litres/year of diesel.
In fact chaps, as I will only utilise around 3000 litres a year in the gren, the first 100 or so to shout can partake of my new carbon credits scheme, thus ultimately when the time comes, allowing you to virtuously drive your grens through the pearly gates.....No thanks necessary :)

Sorry, for a brief moment, transcended into thinking like a politician.........

Reactions: Max

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh yes, evil words. They should be forbidden in EV context.

And it should be forbidden to talk about child labor at all. This spoils the beautiful moralist world of clean energy and sustainability.
It's not forbidden, it's parrot talk for people brainwashed. Not thinking for themselves. If they did, they wouldn't use those bullet points and they could explain themselves without sounding exactly the same as the anti EV media.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Sorry I opened this thread again. Bit of a cesspit. Plenty of better places on the internet to argue this stuff than an enthusiast forum for a vehicle. I would suggest this discussion is not in the spirit of this place.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. How do you know?
Umm, did you bother to read? Because it's the same words, used over and over. You know, the ones you said were forbidden? lol. I guess you can't get past that.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. How do you know?
This is just the lack of respect for anyone with a different opinion which is sadly where society has devolved to. It's also arrogance to think that said individual has reached the pinnacle of knowledge on a subject and any contrary perspective or facts are the result of brainwashing. You and I know what sort of person this is, just ignore them and move on with your day :)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is just the lack of respect for anyone with a different opinion which is sadly where society has devolved to. It's also arrogance to think that said individual has reached the pinnacle of knowledge on a subject and any contrary perspective or facts are the result of brainwashing. You and I know what sort of person this is, just ignore them and move on with your day :)
Agree.. this is black / white. The problem in the EV topic is like in all of this CO2 / Extinction rebellion the Climate-🤡 nicked in some areas...When I discuss with these, I recognize on my opinon - both the pros and cons - and make a path how I decided for myself with proper reasoning. The electric fraction - just sees the pros but do ignore / wipe out the cons.
At least I never encountered a logic discussion with one of these.. who themselves told the disadvantages.
If I mention any of the disadvantages - they re not even discussed / in fact being avoided and not recognised as such. We re getting political again.. so lets stop this.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You're right.

I just tried to find out. A fail.
No evidence, as was to be expected.

Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
There are a bunch of reasons I do not want an EV - in particular not a BEV battery powered one - that are my reasons:
I do not want more time to charge up as I would need time to refuel a conventional vehicle.
It is not possible to use spare canisters / jerry cans.
The minimum range must be beyond 700kms.
There is also some problem eg. Powercompanies may shut down loading to avoid network overload (smart load) - no way.
That is also a reason to have backout / bugout capability. My car is never less than half fueled - I usually top up on 3 quarters.
That are personal reasons to do.

The political part is - I learnt some physics - and as long as those to tell us you have to do this and to do that - but they use their private jets, yachts and a bunch of more reasons. The art of marked approach is. Offer something. - If the market is there and people accept it so be it. - People will buy it because it is better than previous products. - This is how smart phones are more widespread than conventional ones. Why flatscreens instead of CRT and so on. Digital Radio vs conventional.
If a EV is better than a gas / diesel driven.. may be. There will be certain markets for EV and there will be certain markets for conventional ICE.. - but not religious or law. If this is getting political or religious its a stop.

An EV will become of interest if for me
IF it is powered by Methanol Direct Fuel Cell AND the methanol is widespread available.
Methanol needs no pressure tank and is of similar risk as any oil based stuff.
Fast refuel
Jerry Can.
Noone can stop me by just shutting down power network .

I think a Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicle is a good intermediate step towards a proper solution. But not the final solution.
Reasons are only technical and not political
I remember exploding Hydrogen Refueling stations in Norway.
Hydrogen storage is risky due to decarbonisation of pressure tanks because the H2 molecules are tiny to slip between molecules of steel and take out the carbon.
The solution is nice but first and foremost a solution must as least not apply more risk than a conventional fueled vehicle.
Also store H2 in jerry cans? - Rather no.
A H-FCEV Grenadier or other likely powered vehicle perhaps resolves the refueling time a bit but use of spare canisters and other long range requirements are not met. So for me and my application a no go.

I may have to be at one place - e.g right in the middle of the night if I am called for search and accident operations or if a fellow needs assistance in the forest and hunting grounds. - No way charging half an hour or so.

That are my reasons and mainly technical and safety concerns that still apply. Very little political.
Remember the Category 5 hurricane Katrina that hit the US coast? The weather service told everyone to leave and head north. As I remember the distance to get out of danger was a 5 hour drive. This was pre-EV, but imaging the tussles at the recharging stations 3 hours north if we all had electric vehicles. We have not figured out the best solution yet, but as a semi-geezer and avid winter hunter, the huge reduction in the ice and snow in my lifetime, and that of my parents, and my Swedish friends make me a true believer that climate change is real, and our CO2 is the reason.

cheswick

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Remember the Category 5 hurricane Katrina that hit the US coast? The weather service told everyone to leave and head north. As I remember the distance to get out of danger was a 5 hour drive. This was pre-EV, but imaging the tussles at the recharging stations 3 hours north if we all had electric vehicles. We have not figured out the best solution yet, but as a semi-geezer and avid winter hunter, the huge reduction in the ice and snow in my lifetime, and that of my parents, and my Swedish friends make me a true believer that climate change is real, and our CO2 is the reason.
That's why I find it very surprising there isn't a an ancillary petrol or diesel generator option for the new generation of electric trucks. I would happily buy electric if I could put a generator on the tray and charge up the battery as I drive on the very rare but necessary occasion where I needed it.

Back
Top Bottom