The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How important is fuel economy to you?

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
Total cost of ownership is what matters. My Landcruiser 200 4.5 diesel did around 23mpg but servicing was infrequent and cheap with no unexpected bills and minimal depreciation. My Range Rover sdv8 did 30mpg but with servicing and parts at least 2x the Landcruiser. Equally reliable but catastrophic depreciation. The Landcruiser cost a fraction as much to run.

I think the grenadier is similar to a Landcruiser 200 but more utility and also more charismatic. I might prefer an LC300 but they aren’t sold in Europe any longer, lack character and have become even more tech enabled so very happy with the overall Grenadier proposition.

Depreciation and reliability will determine cost of ownership more than mpg. I will enjoy driving a grenadier more than I would a landcruiser.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
I sleep in short bursts
9-midnight
4 am to 5.30 am
Maybe a 15 minute nap during the day.
I get $18,000 a year to provide and maintain car and pay for fuel.
My accountant then decides which is the best way to claim
I also get to claim rego, insurance, maintenance, tyres etc on tax
At the moment also interest on loan but as I will buy the Grenadier outright that will go.
Gin Gin haha nice drive out there! Bay water was 'just ok' about a 3 weeks ago and sub 22 is a little nippy. Time for Rainbow beach fishing I say!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
I travelled 233kms round trip yesterday for work which is a pretty normal day 3-4 days a week.
All country road and two lane highway, with lots of roadworks.
30 minute site meeting in Gin Gin then a 1 hour meeting with a customer outside a bakery in Childers while enjoying a pie and a coffee with him.
Potential $400K per year new customer.
This will be the typical use for the Grenadier when it arrives

View attachment 7810513
Best luck on the new customer!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I sleep in short bursts
9-midnight
4 am to 5.30 am
Maybe a 15 minute nap during the day.
I get $18,000 a year to provide and maintain car and pay for fuel.
My accountant then decides which is the best way to claim
I also get to claim rego, insurance, maintenance, tyres etc on tax
At the moment also interest on loan but as I will buy the Grenadier outright that will go.
The best "arrangement" getting the Grenadier as a work car was a novated lease provided the employer's annual car cost was sufficient. With low KM's Grenadier effectively purchased from pre-tax remuneration. Any shortfall could be via salary sacrifice. Fixed 30% payout at lease end.

Ready to go:
wife was willing to have Grenadier as her company car; we buy her current coy car (BMW) at lease end for her: annual KM's of only 15,000 & employer budget of $25,000 p.a.

.......but, all blown-up by the lease coy at last minute because the Grenadier is rated a "commercial vehicle" due to payload and novated leases are for personal use by the employee.

Now have to put $120,000 cash down.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does that info just pop up if you press the trip button, or do you have to navigate to a particular screen first?

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
Does that info just pop up if you press the trip button, or do you have to navigate to a particular screen first?
You have to navigate to a particular screen. From memory its something like settings, vehicle statistics

Tom Frankonia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, only Diesel fuel consumption: (Mix: German Autobahn, second- road, city). 12,5l/100km, after now nearly 1.000km on the road; 11,0l/100km, 1.5l less per 100km (new car vs 1000km-car), car runs pretty good

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
Sorry, only Diesel fuel consumption: (Mix: German Autobahn, second- road, city). 12,5l/100km, after now nearly 1.000km on the road; 11,0l/100km, 1.5l less per 100km (new car vs 1000km-car), car runs pretty good
and have you been carrying much of a load or just mainly passengers?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a propper calculation from fill up to fill up, and fond out exactly what they're getting.

I will do this on the way to Italy. Always found French till roads to be the best for achieving good MPG

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a propper calculation from fill up to fill up, and fond out exactly what they're getting.

I will do this on the way to Italy. Always found French till roads to be the best for achieving good MPG
Anyone can follow my fuel consumption - the link is in my signature below.

Back
Top Bottom