The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How do we turn the Alarm off

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
How do you turn off the alarm when inside the car ?
I want the doors locked but the alarm off as had to sleep in the car last night (flood) and it's by no means "off" all sort of relay noises the gear selector lit up dull orange the main display came on etc etc all in a vehicle that is supposed to be "off"

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
I want the doors locked but the alarm off as had to sleep in the car last night (flood) and it's by no means "off" all sort of relay noises the gear selector lit up dull orange the main display came on etc etc all in a vehicle that is supposed to be "off"
There is a motion sensor inside the vehicle.

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
By the time first orders were taken the advanced theft alarm was Thatcham Cat. 1, I think Ineos changed it later. Cat 1 was part of Smooth-pack, so I opted against it. Specs are like this:
1693812043360.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
shut down the engine and open the driver's door. Tap the "confirm" box on the screen to shut down the display, then close driver's door.
Then just lock the doors from the inside with the switch on the driver's door...

FWIW: To lock the doors without setting the alarm, simply insert the key into the driver's door lock, then 1/4turn to the left.
(necessary on the car ferry so that pitch and roll of the boat traversing across Bass Strait doesn’t trigger the alarm...)

Last edited:

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am wondering how the alarm is switched off then using a rooftop tent. We'll see...

Local time
Reaction score
shut down the engine and open the driver's door. Tap the "confirm" box on the screen to shut down the display, then close driver's door.
Then just lock the doors from the inside with the switch on the driver's door...

FWIW: To lock the doors without setting the alarm, simply insert the key into the driver's door lock, then 1/4turn to the left.
(necessary on the car ferry so that pitch and roll of the boat traversing across Bass Strait doesn’t trigger the alarm...)
how do yo use the key from inside.????

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had to figure this out the first week of owning after getting on the ferry .
2 ways : either lock the car with the key from the outside. Or double click the lock
Button on the remote .

I did the second bit worked fine .

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or double click the lock
Button on the remote .

I did the second bit worked fine .
OK, the double click is my normal door closing, because headlights are directly off and shutdown of electronics. BUT if Alarm is off too, I have to change my „workflow“

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, the double click is my normal door closing, because headlights are directly off and shutdown of electronics. BUT if Alarm is off too, I have to change my „workflow“
Yes me too ~ but how certain is it that this is actually the case?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
done at least 5 crossings ,overnight mostly, had no complaints of the car alarm going . They usally are pretty fast to come and complain if your car is the one to be casing racket .
The way i found out this was the way its because it was the same on my BMW .

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certain, that we need the alarm, or certain that is off.
I need both, off because dog in the car, or ferry, or camping ….
Alarm on, because we have a lot of people here which want to balance my property to their property 😉

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
done at least 5 crossings ,overnight mostly, had no complaints of the car alarm going . They usally are pretty fast to come and complain if your car is the one to be casing racket .
The way i found out this was the way its because it was the same on my BMW .
Right! tried at at my 5series BMW, works. Thanks for education!

Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Right! tried at at my 5series BMW, works. Thanks for education!
So if I read it correct the first click on the lock button is to lock the car and arm the alarm but if you click again it disables the alarm ?
Do we know how much seconds are in between those clicks? (I have a bit of Anxiety sometimes that is forgot to lock so have a tendency to click a few more times for good measure ) :p

Saw this on bimmer forum:

Disabling motion detector​

BMW Key Fob function available in F/E/G-Series models.

Another handy BMW key fob function that might be useful when you want to leave your car just for a quick sec, but have a passenger or a pet stay inside, is a feature disabling the motion detector. Normally, when your sensors are enabled and you lock someone inside your BMW, it only takes a few movements of a hand to trigger the alarm.

So, to avoid the unnecessary alert, you can press twice on your key’s lock button — one press to close your BMW and the other to turn off the tilt system. This way you’ll disable the motion detector until you come back to your car to open it again. Once you do it, everything gets re-enabled and you get back to normal operation.

High temperatures outside? Don’t bother with disabling the motion detector — just take your children and animals with you.

Ineos1NZ

Contract Signed
Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Certain, that we need the alarm, or certain that is off.
I need both, off because dog in the car, or ferry, or camping ….
Alarm on, because we have a lot of people here which want to balance my property to their property 😉
have you used your winch yet?

Back
Top Bottom