The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from London

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
I don't think so, its on a very small back street, and in a very popular area (a short walk from Buckingham Palace).

Although I did say to my Mrs, they should put a "Grenadier only" space outside on the pub property, on a first come first serve basis! Imagine Sir Jim turning up and you've pipped him to the space! :ROFLMAO:

"buy me a pint and ill move it Jim"
He is safely on his own island at the time, testing the Grenadier with portal axles.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Does the pub have a parking space? I am planning a trip to England this year. Then we could meet up and park directly at the pub.
Unfortunately not, but I’m sure we can manage to park somewhere close by, or if Ineos HQ sort something out for owners on specific days in the mews area.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
He is safely on his own island at the time, testing the Grenadier with portal axles.
That portal axle thing doesn't let you go, right?
But yes: It would be amazing...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
In Italy they park "double lane" (is that the right English word?) everywhere. Perhaps we can do that in front of the pub in London with 20 Grenadiers, and police will understand this is a special event?
In Italy, they park everywhere. May be it's the second lane. But if not - who cares?

(to @emax "real" Germans not allowed, they never will dare to do that ;) )

Due to the language barrier we naturally have, I'll forgive you that litte mistake. ;)

What is a "real" German? I consider me to be a "Real German".

What you mean is probably a "typical" German. All these idiots and goodguys around me.
A typical German dies by hunger in front of a stuck red light. And Lenin was right: Before conquering a railway station a (typical) German will buy a platform ticket. And a typical German will never buy a Grenadier. He will buy a bus ticket and a spinach burger.

The typical Germans are nothing after the lost war, except guilty. Domesticated. They have lost all dignity. That's probably why we can't order a German flag as an accessory for the Grenadier in Germany: We would be Nazis.

No, I am not a typical German. I am a real German. And I would thus park even in the fifth row.
Like Italians do. (y)

;)

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps we Europeans can all only spec a European flag. Ineos had however finally cancelled this option because nobody wants it.

But maybe you can't because the colors of the Belgian flag are the same as the German ones ... 🙃

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We could indeed choose for the European flag, I bought this a long time ago in an airport:
20230104 Swiss knife with European flag.jpg
Genuine Swiss knife, but ... the quality of the European flag is much lesser than the Swiss flag :cry:

By the way, this is my third one since 1983! The first one (a red one) was stolen in my house (not by friends!). The second one (also red), I lost it after a pick-nick.
I can't live without! Expensive, but soooooooo gooooood!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We could indeed choose for the European flag, I bought this a long time ago in an airport:
View attachment 7799379
Genuine Swiss knife, but ... the quality of the European flag is much lesser than the Swiss flag :cry:

By the way, this is my third one since 1983! The first one (a red one) was stolen in my house (not by friends!). The second one (also red), I lost it after a pick-nick.
I have a Swiss Army Knife as well.

But because they are so good and because I wanted something better than my Leatherman, I bought the Victorinox SwissTool CS Plus 3.0339.N.

Fan-tas-tic!

Victorinox-SwissTool-CS-Plus-3.0339.N-Schweizer-Taschenmesser-Anzahl-Funktionen-39-Edelstahl.jpg

It is an incredible piece of quality, precision, versatility and a pleasure to use. I have it always with me on my motorbike. There is a ratchet(!) and a number of bits (equip to your needs) for most of the Inbus-screws on my motorbike, a very useful pliers, a metal-saw, a wood-saw, some files, sharp knife blades, a corkscrew (important), bottle opener, can opener, precision scissors, screwdrivers, Phillips screwdriver and so on, and all tools can be locked (i.e. securable).

Compared to the Leatherman, the Leatherman is just a joke. Try to cut off a hair with a Leatherman after some use ...

I highly recommend it. Buy once, enjoy forever! (y)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately not, but I’m sure we can manage to park somewhere close by, or if Ineos HQ sort something out for owners on specific days in the mews area.
Well, that would be fantastic. Then I will come! Not that I have to park it 5 corners away and then fly home, because the Grenadier has already set off for Eastern Europe. ;)

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

But because they are so good and because I wanted something better than my Leatherman, I bought the Victorinox SwissTool CS Plus 3.0339.N.

Fan-tas-tic!

View attachment 7799389

It is an incredible piece of quality, precision, versatility and a pleasure to use. I have it always with me on my motorbike. There is a ratchet(!) and a number of bits (equip to your needs) for most of the Inbus-screws on my motorbike, a very useful pliers, a metal-saw, a wood-saw, some files, sharp knife blades, a corkscrew (important), bottle opener, can opener, precision scissors, screwdrivers, Phillips screwdriver and so on, and all tools can be locked (i.e. securable).

Compared to the Leatherman, the Leatherman is just a joke. Try to cut off a hair with a Leatherman after some use ...

Lovely bit of kit. I’m going to get me one of those. I’ll be ordering tonight. Thanks 👍🏼

Local time
Reaction score

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7799379

btw .. EU is legally no nation hence why the heck does it need a national flag? So EU is just a (as we know now also proven! corrupt) bureaucratic monster.
Looking at vehicle approval and others
For some common standards . that could go way simpler.
Many standards like in the internet area were establishing by market - or on public agreement. So de-facto a standard.
Also a standard on some topics like measures, certain connectors, voltages okay. But also standards should not hinder innovation. .. in particular if there are innovations that are way better than standard.
Once again - this was not on the political reason but the way EU is organized. The same is applicable for most real governments. But EU tops all .. Jean Claude Juncker said one.. we do something restrictive,. .. and if no one complains we continue.. that describes EU perfectly.

BTW a proper swiss army knife (e.g. wenger) is red.
I use however for daily business a swedish morakniv. (The link is in German .. but that is exactly the one in my daily business. Outdoor lunch, cutting a rope or open plastic.. Easy to clean, easy to create a sterile blade, sharpen . universal purpose and light weight.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
btw .. EU is legally no nation hence why the heck does it need a national flag? So EU is just a (as we know now also proven! corrupt) bureaucratic monster.
I agree, likewise the United Nations, ... corruption everywhere and a flag. But there are also corrupt politicians in all our countries, some more than others.
Anyway, I think it is good to have some European Unity as a counterweight to some other big blocks or countries: but a lot of improvement is needed.

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at vehicle approval and others
For some common standards . that could go way simpler.
Many standards like in the internet area were establishing by market - or on public agreement. So de-facto a standard.
Also a standard on some topics like measures, certain connectors, voltages okay. But also standards should not hinder innovation. .. in particular if there are innovations that are way better than standard.
Once again - this was not on the political reason but the way EU is organized. The same is applicable for most real governments. But EU tops all .. Jean Claude Juncker said one.. we do something restrictive,. .. and if no one complains we continue.. that describes EU perfectly.

BTW a proper swiss army knife (e.g. wenger) is red.
I use however for daily business a swedish morakniv. (The link is in German .. but that is exactly the one in my daily business. Outdoor lunch, cutting a rope or open plastic.. Easy to clean, easy to create a sterile blade, sharpen . universal purpose and light weight.

Edit: Not sure if this was common knowledge...

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Fan-tas-tic!

View attachment 7799389

Just got mine in the post today. As you said far better than the leatherman. I particularly like that all the blades lock in place with a small catch to move to unlock. I got the Swiss Tool sprit xplus with ratchet model. I do like my tools and gadgets 😍98C3D728-80D2-4E1E-98E2-3CD7C0BA19A2.jpeg

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
greetings all..
Fieldmaster spec’d, ordered, contract signed, estimated delivery date received.. and test drove the demo in the snow capped hills of Surrey last week.. must say, very excited.. :)

Back
Top Bottom