The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

HDC screen

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
E46 M3, s54 inline 6.

Once you've sorted the VANOS out :rolleyes: ....8000rpm redline, it's a glorious motor!!

View attachment 7802275
Mine was from 1989 and an E30. I had a naturally aspirated motor with 172 PS (HP) and the car weighed only 1200 Kg. In that time, this was a rocket.

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Mine was from 1989 and an E30. I had a naturally aspirated motor with 172 PS (HP) and the car weighed only 1200 Kg. In that time, this was a rocket.
That’s actually what I put the S50b32 into, if you thought the S14 was a rocket you should try that out sometime.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that's what my E30 inline six looked like (except for your extras). (y)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
I'd prefer a cluster in front me too but who knows, it might grow on me... Be nice if Ineos come up with one eventually, well I hope they do anyway. Plug and play and look right!
I simply compare this to looking at a smart phone on a holder in a similar position... for traffic/maps it's just ok although partially unsafe in QLD city centers but keeping tabs on that 60/70/80km zone will be annoying. It's important, QLD police hide everywhere with them speed guns! However, once I hit the dirt on play days then it won't matter!!!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I simply compare this to looking at a smart phone on a holder in a similar position... for traffic/maps it's just ok although partially unsafe in QLD city centers but keeping tabs on that 60/70/80km zone will be annoying. It's important, QLD police hide everywhere with them speed guns! However, once I hit the dirt on play days then it won't matter!!!
We all will get a good feeling for the speed after a while. Normally I can bring together the noise/sound of driving with the speed up to 100 km/h quite good.
To be honest in the Defender I may „hear“ a slightly higher speed it is going . But that’s ok as I won’t get a ticket for sneaking.

Local time
Reaction score
I love the suggestion of using insulating tape on the head lights they even give a spec for the tape .

Attachments

• LHD Headlamp.jpg
    LHD Headlamp.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 9

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love the suggestion of using insulating tape on the head lights they even give a spec for the tape .
Yes and works out a lot cheaper than buying those beam deflectors of old that I used to get on the ferry going across to France 😂. I’ll always have a roll of electrical tape around.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour
Il semble que le voyant HDC indique le mode Down Hill Assis (Contrôle en descente)
Une fois activé, l'écran s'affiche en vert.

1680110785546.png

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Is there an option for the screen to have a light background instead of dark? Ideally it could switch depending on light. During my test drive yesterday in the bright sun it was a bit hard to read at times. A light/white background would be better during the daylight and the black background would be better at night.

Back
Top Bottom