The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

HDC screen

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I saw this image in the review thread. The green icon looks satellite-ish. :)

screenshot_20230125_141725-jpg.7801591
The term GNSS stands for Global Navigation Satellite System; it’s a collective term that covers all satellite navigation systems with global coverage. Currently, the United States’ Global Positioning System (GPS), Russia’s Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS), China’s BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) and the European Union’s Galileo are the four fully operational GNSSs. Global coverage for each system is generally achieved by a group of 20 to 30 medium Earth orbit satellites across several orbital planes in space.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I had one of these as a young lad of 17.
A maroon coloured mark iii with electric overdrive.
Ahh those were the days...
Brilliant. My version of that was age 18/red Spitfire 4 (aka mk i).
Doors and hood used to release around tight corners. Head- and dash lights were a roll of the dice.
Ran low tyre pressures at the rear to discourage the transverse leaf spring from disorderly conduct.

1674734711982.jpeg

Loved every minute.

Last edited:

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, tendancy to roll mid corner if you even think about easing off the throttle.
But one of my absolute favourite cars that i have ever owned for all its faults.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not if it remained within the direct field of view, which by definition allows the user a selection from a range of positions.

I think the definition of "direct field of view" is given as:

"All 'Visual Indicators' specified as Group I in Clause 18.2 shall be totally located between 2 vertical planes inclined at 20o left and 20o right of the longitudinal axis of the vehicle and passing through the foremost points of the left and right '95th Percentile Eye Ellipses' respectively. Such indicators shall be totally located above a plane inclined downwards at 35o from the horizontal and including a horizontal transverse line through the foremost points of each of the '95th Percentile Eye Ellipses' and below a plane tangential to the bottom of the '95th Percentile Eye Ellipses' which includes a line at ground level transverse to the longitudinal axis of the vehicle 11 m forward of the rearmost eye ellipse point."

I agree, but equally there's no legal requirement that it shouldn't be possible.

The vehicle can be placed by the driver in a compliant mode and non-compliant mode for a number of systems, perhaps this is just another one of them?
That's a better (and more thorough) description. And yes, it clarifies the limit as to how far across from the driver the speedo can be positioned (20 degrees left or right of the driver's eye). Speed reading position on the opposite side of the Grenadier's centre display to the driver still looks to me like it's out of range. I guess we'll see what that translates to in the real world production models soon - hopefully.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Yes, tendancy to roll mid corner if you even think about easing off the throttle.
But one of my absolute favourite cars that i have ever owned for all its faults.
I had a Damson 1973 TR6, still the best sounding straight 6 I've driven, it had the overdrive on 2-4 and Lucas injection with candles for headlights, gauges in front of the driver though. Not owned a straight 6 since, so the Grenadier will break that 20 year hiatus. No HDC or sat antennas on that old girl, just an 8 track, a spare electric fuel pump and a set of jubilee clips in the boot for the eventual failure.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a Damson 1973 TR6, still the best sounding straight 6 I've driven, it had the overdrive on 2-4 and Lucas injection with candles for headlights, gauges in front of the driver though. Not owned a straight 6 since, so the Grenadier will break that 20 year hiatus. No HDC or sat antennas on that old girl, just an 8 track, a spare electric fuel pump and a set of jubilee clips in the boot for the eventual failure.
My favourite straight six ever is the Jaguar Xk series of engines. I currently have two cars with them but have owned several others in the past.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me it was the BMW 325i. An engine like a turbine. It had some 'M' additions and had a throaty sound.

I loved it.
I also had one of those, was also a lovely engine

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
And for sensible right hand drive countries the KM/H are on the right hand side
Just like our big footrest... lol! o_O

I don't mind the look of the screen. I am however already looking at an aftermarket speedo for the dash... there is no way I will ever get used to an offset speedo!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't mind the look of the screen. I am however already looking at an aftermarket speedo for the dash... there is no way I will ever get used to an offset speedo!
My speed reference is on the passenger seat. It's quite loud at times. Very reliable though.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'd prefer a cluster in front me too but who knows, it might grow on me... Be nice if Ineos come up with one eventually, well I hope they do anyway. Plug and play and look right!

Back
Top Bottom