The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone successfully removed the Centre console panel?

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking to install a GME UHF radio that connects to the microphone/hand piece via a round “telephone jack“ style socket (the same size as a 12v cigarette socket) in the centre console. I don’t have heated seats and therefore have two empty spaces in the centre console at the top right and left. I have managed to find two screws holding the top of the centre console in place behind the black shiny trim along the top of the centre console (two red circles), but there are obviously still fixings at the bottom of the console that I can’t figure out how to get to. If anyone has successfully removed this console panel, could they let me know? Cheers
IMG_3123.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking to install a GME UHF radio that connects to the microphone/hand piece via a round “telephone jack“ style socket (the same size as a 12v cigarette socket) in the centre console. I don’t have heated seats and therefore have two empty spaces in the centre console at the top right and left. I have managed to find two screws holding the top of the centre console in place behind the black shiny trim along the top of the centre console (two red circles), but there are obviously still fixings at the bottom of the console that I can’t figure out how to get to. If anyone has successfully removed this console panel, could they let me know? Cheers
View attachment 7836446
I already tried once to remove it, for a similar reason, but desisted. Most of the small screws are fake I think (but you can remove them), but there are 4 that are quite longer, it are the 4 most central ones. See picture below. But I am not sure this will solve completely the "removal problem".

20230720_150201.jpg

Last edited:

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Jean. As you did, I removed all the silver screws on the panel and this did nothing to help remove it. Although I did find the two upper screws holding the panel in place (as per my photo) I got nervous pulling things apart any further and gave up! Cheers

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
If it’s like the overhead, remove the screws then use a plastic tool to pry open

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it’s like the overhead, remove the screws then use a plastic tool to pry open
There seems to be a couple of screws (any least) at the bottom of the fascia that I can’t get to. No amount of pulling (gently and otherwise) could budge it. There must be a way to get to the screws at the bottom so the whole console just lifts out, but I cant find a way to get to them.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
There seems to be a couple of screws (any least) at the bottom of the fascia that I can’t get to. No amount of pulling (gently and otherwise) could budge it. There must be a way to get to the screws at the bottom so the whole console just lifts out, but I cant find a way to get to them.
This is where an exploded view diagram would come in handy.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
I already tried once to remove it, for a similar reason, but desisted. Most of the small screws are fake I think (but you can remove them), but there are 4 that are quite longer, it are the 4 most central ones. See picture below. But I am not sure this will solve completely the "removal problem".

View attachment 7836501
This is something that really bothers me. It’s like Ford putting fake plastic that looks like metal on their trucks to fake being tough. It’s tacky. I really hope they come out with a modular panel for real.

Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Why not try tossing off an email to lneos and see if you get a reply.
Alternatively speak to your supplying dealer and they might ask on your behalf, probably more likely to get a response.

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
This is something that really bothers me. It’s like Ford putting fake plastic that looks like metal on their trucks to fake being tough. It’s tacky. I really hope they come out with a modular panel for real.
Is this the same for the overhead console? Was this purpose built (sarc)?
Reminds me of the 80's firebird dash...If Jim was shooting for purpose built 1982 then he hit the mark:( I wonder if there is a connection to attach my Sony Walkman?

How many would be interested in a replacement part and would it be plastic or metal?

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 7.25.52 AM.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I remember seeing photos here on this forum of a removed cup holder panel. @Jean Mercier haven't you already removed the cupholder to find out what lurks underneath?
Yes, probably I was the first (not sure) somewhere in June July, but several others also posted pictures of it.

[EDITED] This was my post: https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...console-kick-plates.12412732/#post-1333199856

But there are somewhere better post for the removal of only the cup holder!

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
How many would be interested in a replacement part and would it be plastic or metal?

My first thought when it was discovered that the console panels were cheap plastic was that I'd eventually have to make some sort of replacement out of brushed steel or aluminum.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Historically, metal/wood dashes became plastic for safety reasons , and cost saving was a nice side effect.
Without safety belts ( I recall , just, those days) you did not want to contact that metal in a stoppage!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
Historically, metal/wood dashes became plastic for safety reasons , and cost saving was a nice side effect.
Without safety belts ( I recall , just, those days) you did not want to contact that metal in a stoppage!
Burr walnut in the Bentley, that will do nicely thank you.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I remember the days when all kinds of folks were walking around in society with facial scars from car accidents. Use your imagination. Those concerns largely disappeared with safety glass, shoulder belts, and air bags.

Nowadays it's your stainless coffee mug and cell phone that's going to be through your teeth in a collision.

1703363277144.png

Back
Top Bottom