The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hard shell rooftop tent

BarnesH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
I have fitted the ARB esperance RTT supplied by LVB Overland in Doncaster UK who were extremely great to deal with. I also bought the awning from them.

Attachments

• IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I have fitted the ARB esperance RTT supplied by LVB Overland in Doncaster UK who were extremely great to deal with. I also bought the awning from them.
Looking forward to full report once you've spent some time with the Esperance....

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone knows if I put the Maggiolina RTT from 2.15 m on the Black Sheep roof rack , I can still open and remove the safari windows?

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Hey there! I have MANY nights in AluCab tents both the 3.1 and the 3R. Nothing is perfect but I have been extremely satisfied with the quality.
A few things I like:
  • Aluminum shell handles the elements well and when pointed into the wind is extremely quiet in windy weather.
  • The double wall fabric is very taught when the tent is deployed and does not flap much in the wind.
  • Easy to deploy and stow makes for quick set up and tear down in adverse conditions or if you just want to pack up and roll out for the day.
  • Customer service here is the states is awesome through OK4wd or Expedition Superstore.
  • Strong enough to mount their 270 awning which is one of the best on the market.
  • Mounting options through AluCab that keep the tent as close the roof as possible.
  • Ladder has angled steps and is comfortable to stand on and easy to deploy.
What I don't like:
  • Not much actually.... I had an early model that had a small leak due to installer not sealing it properly when drilling the awning mounts. No issues with the 3R.
  • I guess it's a bit heavy but when I crawl in that thing after a day on the trail it feels like I'm in a substantial structure and I sleep like the dead.
  • USB and 12v ports are velcro'd in and always come loose.
  • Wish they had an external method to stow the ladder under the tent.

Back
Top Bottom