The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Group buys

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I know it’s early doors. But I just wanted to test the water with group buys etc. If you have your eyes on something I’m sure others will as well. I’ve no problems with reaching out and approaching vendors.Anything to make this vehicle cheaper to build and use is a win in my book. 
Please chime in lady’s and gents. 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Good idea Stu. I live in UK and I'd be keen on:

1) Another set of 5x 17" steel wheels from Ineos (+ BFG KM3's 265/70/17 or if appropriate smaller rims, bigger tyres)
2) Bonnet wing chequering (perhaps we can source from Ineos direct or have someone fabricate here in UK if sufficient take up). Not sure why not an option here in UK
3) Boot liner (I have one from Custom Covers, has saved a lot of damage) + boot rubber mat.
4) Dog Cage (I have a TransK9 one and it's tiptop) 3 & 4 are vehicle specific so would need sufficient desire for an aftermarket company to produce. Any old dog cage could fit but it would be nice to max out the dimensions, same with the liner. I have chosen a SW version so will have a tick more boot space.  

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
oh and further down the line;5) Gullwing windows, either retro fm Ineos or aftermarket.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
6) 3rd roof bar as first one with lightbar too far forward. guess can source aftermarket but 3 of the same would be preferred. not too keen on half rack. 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
7) Solar panel
8) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps we should continue the numbering to get to a copyable list.

I'll only add my comments to what I'm interested in and leave the other position as they are for the next one.

LIST ------------------------------------------
1) Another set of 5x 17" steel wheels from Ineos (+ BFG KM3's 265/70/17 or if appropriate smaller rims, bigger tyres)

2) Bonnet wing chequering (perhaps we can source from Ineos direct or have someone fabricate here in UK if sufficient take up). Not sure why not an option here in UK
+1 = 2

3) Boot liner (I have one from Custom Covers, has saved a lot of damage) + boot rubber mat.
What is a 'boot liner'?

4) Dog Cage (I have a TransK9 one and it's tiptop) 3 & 4 are vehicle specific so would need sufficient desire for an aftermarket company to produce. Any old dog cage could fit but it would be nice to max out the dimensions, same with the liner. I have chosen a SW version so will have a tick more boot space.

5) Gullwing windows, either retro from Ineos or aftermarket.
+1 = 2

6) 3rd roof bar as first one with lightbar too far forward. guess can source aftermarket but 3 of the same would be preferred. not too keen on half rack.

7) Solar panel

8) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (plain air heater)
+1 = 2

9) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (engine/cooling water heater)

10) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (combined air and engine/cooling water heater), alternatively to pos. 8 / pos. 9
+1 = 1

11) ...

/LIST ------------------------------------------

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
emax, boot cover/liner;

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
update on 1) Wheels - received an email back from my dealer today (UK) advising Ineos replied saying that no extra wheels are available at present but once their parts service is up and running I can order through my chosen dealer.

Understandable.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Heads up display
Front and rear dash cam that also works as a reversing camera
foam insert in spare wheel holder for jack
fog lights
Lazer lamps lighting as a standard accessory

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
update on 1) Wheels - received an email back from my dealer today (UK) advising Ineos replied saying that no extra wheels are available at present but once their parts service is up and running I can order through my chosen dealer.
Sounds rather like just kicking the can down the road and leaving it for the poor agent's to take the wrath when they have to tell you they're on backorder.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been involved in a few of these over the years and they are great — I wouldn’t have had a roof rack for my old JK if it weren’t for an opportunity like this. I would suggest that, where possible, folks find a specific item to pursue for a group buy, rather than a class of item. For example, @Shaky has given a specific company we can go after for a deal with the Melville and Moon seat covers, because odds are good they will be making seat covers for the Gren, so we can negotiate a discount.

This also means we might need to wait a bit for the aftermarket to bring products out for the Gren before we really know which ones we want to pursue as a group buy.

For some of the other suggestions — things like dash cams, which are great — I wonder if there are specific makes/models of those items that folks can suggest we examine? For instance, I know that Garmin make dashcams, but the one I got off Amazon for $100 is way better and offers far more features, and so it is unlikely I’d ever spend the $$ on a Garmin which costs more and does less, and thus the nature of the specific product would greatly influence my interest in participating in a group buy.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, so reviving this a little.

If we can have either an ongoing list or I can create some sort of document thats accessible to all for what we would like to see as a group buy when the time comes or companies that you want me to go and ask for some sort of discounts then let me know. Have a read of the other thread dealing with Forum / Club discounts as there's a bit of a crossover.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps we should continue the numbering to get to a copyable list.
I'll only add my comments to what I'm interested in and leave the other position as they are for the next one.
LIST ------------------------------------------

4) Dog Cage (I have a TransK9 one and it's tiptop) 3 & 4 are vehicle specific so would need sufficient desire for an aftermarket company to produce. Any old dog cage could fit but it would be nice to max out the dimensions, same with the liner. I have chosen a SW version so will have a tick more boot space.

5) Gullwing windows, either retro from Ineos or aftermarket.

7) Solar panel

8) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (plain air heater)

9) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (engine/cooling water heater)

10) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (combined air and engine/cooling water heater), alternatively to pos. 8 / pos. 9

11) Car trunk cover

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 25

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
if were going to group buy a vehicle then I think it should be a Grenadier, or is it a group buy for hard hats for when we tell our respective others there's a Grenadier on the way..... ;)

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Shamelessly stolen from another thread:

Bull bars.

Looks like they will be available for the Australian market, but not the US market so far. If that continues to be the case, I think there will be enough of us in North America who want a bull bar to justify bringing in a portion of a container's worth, which would save us all a ton on shipping. And, if a dealer in Oz is able to sell 10-15 bull bars in one shot, they might give us a bit of a break too. I'm willing to serve as the Canadian facilitator of this group buy if we could ID a volunteer from Australia and one from the USA to coordinate this one; probably about 8-12 months before it's a "go" though, and in that time ARB might come out with something better (which would be available to purchase, I presume, directly from ARB North America, saving us the hassle of shipping, but still might be worthwhile for a group buy).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Shamelessly stolen from another thread:

Bull bars.

Looks like they will be available for the Australian market, but not the US market so far. If that continues to be the case, I think there will be enough of us in North America who want a bull bar to justify bringing in a portion of a container's worth, which would save us all a ton on shipping. And, if a dealer in Oz is able to sell 10-15 bull bars in one shot, they might give us a bit of a break too. I'm willing to serve as the Canadian facilitator of this group buy if we could ID a volunteer from Australia and one from the USA to coordinate this one; probably about 8-12 months before it's a "go" though, and in that time ARB might come out with something better (which would be available to purchase, I presume, directly from ARB North America, saving us the hassle of shipping, but still might be worthwhile for a group buy).
The bull bar requires the steel bumper.
As Ineos are supplying the CAD files surely it would be cheaper to get an exact copy made in the US

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The bull bar requires the steel bumper.
As Ineos are supplying the CAD files surely it would be cheaper to get an exact copy made in the US

Ah so that's new info for me, thanks Dave. I'm used to the ARB-style bull bar that has the hoops, winch plate, steel body, etc. all in one package. Without yet knowing which versions of the bumpers will be available stateside, I think this "bull bar group buy" ought to shuffle to a back burner till we know more.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
NATO style plugs to make up adapters for the NATO power outlets at the rear. The ones I can find online come on at close to $200 with shipping to Australia and I want a couple so I have a spare.

Back
Top Bottom