Group buys

Stu_Barnes

Administrator
Staff member
Reservation Holder
I know it’s early doors. But I just wanted to test the water with group buys etc. If you have your eyes on something I’m sure others will as well. I’ve no problems with reaching out and approaching vendors.Anything to make this vehicle cheaper to build and use is a win in my book. 
Please chime in lady’s and gents. 

ECrider

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Good idea Stu. I live in UK and I'd be keen on:

1) Another set of 5x 17" steel wheels from Ineos (+ BFG KM3's 265/70/17 or if appropriate smaller rims, bigger tyres)
2) Bonnet wing chequering (perhaps we can source from Ineos direct or have someone fabricate here in UK if sufficient take up). Not sure why not an option here in UK
3) Boot liner (I have one from Custom Covers, has saved a lot of damage) + boot rubber mat.
4) Dog Cage (I have a TransK9 one and it's tiptop) 3 & 4 are vehicle specific so would need sufficient desire for an aftermarket company to produce. Any old dog cage could fit but it would be nice to max out the dimensions, same with the liner. I have chosen a SW version so will have a tick more boot space.  

ECrider

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
oh and further down the line;5) Gullwing windows, either retro fm Ineos or aftermarket.

ECrider

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
6) 3rd roof bar as first one with lightbar too far forward. guess can source aftermarket but 3 of the same would be preferred. not too keen on half rack. 

emax

Prolific Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Perhaps we should continue the numbering to get to a copyable list.

I'll only add my comments to what I'm interested in and leave the other position as they are for the next one.

LIST ------------------------------------------
1) Another set of 5x 17" steel wheels from Ineos (+ BFG KM3's 265/70/17 or if appropriate smaller rims, bigger tyres)

2) Bonnet wing chequering (perhaps we can source from Ineos direct or have someone fabricate here in UK if sufficient take up). Not sure why not an option here in UK
+1 = 2

3) Boot liner (I have one from Custom Covers, has saved a lot of damage) + boot rubber mat.
What is a 'boot liner'?

4) Dog Cage (I have a TransK9 one and it's tiptop) 3 & 4 are vehicle specific so would need sufficient desire for an aftermarket company to produce. Any old dog cage could fit but it would be nice to max out the dimensions, same with the liner. I have chosen a SW version so will have a tick more boot space.

5) Gullwing windows, either retro from Ineos or aftermarket.
+1 = 2

6) 3rd roof bar as first one with lightbar too far forward. guess can source aftermarket but 3 of the same would be preferred. not too keen on half rack.

7) Solar panel

8) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (plain air heater)
+1 = 2

9) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (engine/cooling water heater)

10) fuel burner heater - webasto/eberspacher type (combined air and engine/cooling water heater), alternatively to pos. 8 / pos. 9
+1 = 1

11) ...

/LIST ------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Shaky

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
You forgot Melville and Moon seat covers. I had suggested this previously about a group buy