The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GrenX Adventure Additions low profile Roof Rack system for Australia

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
This looks really good.

You have the Rhino rack in your protos, will other platforms also fit?
Its was designed for rhino so we have not test fitted other brands yet but we will look at that in the future to give users more flexibility.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you driven to test the noise level and would it need a deflector? Thanks for showing us it looks great and compact, and not using the gutters is a bonus...doubles as a sun shield (y)
I will test it on monday at 110kph and let you know. This is the latest new generation platform with the most aerodynamic design specifically designed for the lowest wind noise. So we are expecting it to act as such.

Reactions: Max

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
Our Prototype low profile aerodynamic roof rack system being test fitted before final design is set. Production version will be ready mid April in Australia. Overengineered for the most extreme situations. GrenX Adventure Additions Braeside.
I like the low profile design, my only concern is using the factory roof rail as a support, these are not terribly secure, they can be moved laterally by hand. I understand they are part of the load bearing of whats designed, my concern is wear over corrugated surfaces when loaded. What's your thoughts on this?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Test fitting we got it just sitting on the factory rubber roof rails for extra support and the lowest possible height.
Is there a weight rating for the rubber roof rails? Are there any concerns with having the rack sitting on the rails?

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a weight rating for the rubber roof rails? Are there any concerns with having the rack sitting on the rails?
its personal preference really the system works both ways either with a gap or with none. Some of my clients asked for it to be as low as possible. But we can easily make it with a 5-10mm gap it just doesn't look as low and sleek. The rubber rails provide additional support but don't carry all the weight its spread out over a very large surface area. Ineos made them to carry a load and they are also a removable and replaceable item. We just looking for your feedback on what you guys prefer. but on my own vehicle I was going to have it touching with some adhesive rubber pads on the bottom of the rack solid as a rock.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
its personal preference really the system works both ways either with a gap or with none. Some of my clients asked for it to be as low as possible. But we can easily make it with a 5-10mm gap it just doesn't look as low and sleek. The rubber rails provide additional support but don't carry the weight. Ineos made them to carry a load and they are also a removable and replaceable item. We just looking for your feedback on what you guys prefer. but on my own vehicle I was going to have it touching with some adhesive rubber pads on the bottom of the rack solid as a rock.
Following this. Looks good. A GAP circa 8-10mm would be my initial option as a personal preference (not a fan of relying on secondary 'perishable' fitments and less gunk attraction).

PS: found pricing and wondering where I enter the discount code? 🤭

Last edited:

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will test it on monday at 110kph and let you know. This is the latest new generation platform with the most aerodynamic design specifically designed for the lowest wind noise. So we are expecting it to act as such.
What’s verdict from the 110k trial. Quite as a whistle? Or

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
270 Awning with ultra low profile custom brackets now fitted.
Looks great. Out of interest, what is the total height of the vehicle with the low profile brackets and roof rack? (Assuming that the suspension is factory standard ie: no lift kit). I’m limited to a maximum height of 2100mm (garage and car parking around home/work). Cheers.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great. Out of interest, what is the total height of the vehicle with the low profile brackets and roof rack? (Assuming that the suspension is factory standard ie: no lift kit). I’m limited to a maximum height of 2100mm (garage and car parking around home/work). Cheers.
Its only sit 50mm above the height of the car.
If you look at the factory rubber roof rails it 50mm above that. Or if you can tilt open your safari windows and still enter the garage then it will fit. The rack is lower than a open safari window.

Attachments

• IMG_9705.jpeg
    IMG_9705.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9810.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Got a question GrenX - are you planning on making a full-length rack for those without Safari Win?

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you driven to test the noise level and would it need a deflector? Thanks for showing us it looks great and compact, and not using the gutters is a bonus...doubles as a sun shield (y)
No wind deflectors required its very quite. once you add awnings and maxtrax solar etc you will of course get additional noise but you can easily leave them at home when your back in the city.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got a question GrenX - are you planning on making a full-length rack for those without Safari Win?
once I get out the back orders of the 3/4 platform I will see how we can adapt to a full length setup with integrated front light bar. As we have had a few other owners request it. keep in mind a lot of time and money goes into making the designs and prototypes so its only worthwhile if I can make sure I can recover all the costs associated with the development and a small profit. My reward is seeing an Australian product on the Australian Grenadiers.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Might be a good time to drop a link into the thread- here or the first post for potential purchasers as well. 😉
Full shopping cart website in currently under development and should be online in another week or so. I will be processing the current orders this week manually by quote & tax invoice

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If your ready to place an order please contact me with your name and shipping address and I will send you back a tax invoice with a shipping quote. Complete system $2695

Benefits:
-Ultra low profile less than 50mm additional height to vehicle
-Fastest installation process
-Sleek modern design
-Ultra light 28KG
-Grenadier 150kg Dynamic load limit
-Low drag. Fuel savings
-Aerodynamic. Reduced wind noise and better handling
-Australian made mounting system by an Australian Grenadier owner, Be part of a community driven grenadier project.

Also available:
-Low profile 270 awning brackets $85 each (3 recommended for maximum off road strength. They can also be used for shower tent systems which would require 2 pieces)
-Passenger seat multipurpose fire extinguisher bracket $95?

Last edited:

Don Fraser

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Not at this stage as for full length there is enough options with factory gutter mount setup and also due to the roof slope at the front or the car makes it complicated, we will do it if we feel there is enough demand in Australia. But for now first we focus on 3/4 only. We will be making a roof LED light bar bracket coming soon.
Interested in the roof rack would like a quote
regards Don Fraser
donfraser59@bigpond.com 0400442377

Back
Top Bottom