The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GrenX Adventure Additions low profile Roof Rack system for Australia

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Our Prototype low profile aerodynamic roof rack system being test fitted before final design is set. Production version will be ready mid April in Australia. Overengineered for the most extreme situations. GrenX Adventure Additions Braeside.

If your ready to place an order please contact me with your name and shipping address and I will send you back a tax invoice with a shipping quote. Complete system $2595

Benefits:
-Ultra low profile less than 50mm additional height to vehicle
-Fastest installation process
-Sleek modern design
-Ultra light 28KG
-Grenadier 150KG dynamic load limit
-Low drag. Fuel savings
-Aerodynamic. Reduced wind noise and better handling
-Australian made mounting system by an Australian Grenadier owner, Be part of a community driven grenadier project.

Also available:
-Low profile 270 awning brackets $85 each (3 recommended for maximum off road strength. They can also be used for shower tent systems which would require 2 pieces)
-Passenger seat multipurpose fire extinguisher bracket $89?

Attachments

• roofrack1.jpg
    roofrack1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 356
  • roofrack2.jpg
    roofrack2.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9751.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This looks great - what will the load rating be?
The limits of the Grenadier roof is 150KG total dynamic load so I would not load past the vehicle limits. The kit has 12 fixing screws to the roof and 16 screws fixing to the platform which sets it apart from the factory gutter mount options.

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Ill get measurements soon, yes we have made low profile 270 awning brackets for it, they will be fitted next week with photos to come.
Any plans on a full length version...will require additional gutter mount bracket.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not at this stage as for full length there is enough options with factory gutter mount setup and also due to the roof slope at the front or the car makes it complicated, we will do it if we feel there is enough demand in Australia. But for now first we focus on 3/4 only. We will be making a roof LED light bar bracket coming soon.

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ill get measurements soon, yes we have made low profile 270 awning brackets for it, they will be fitted next week with photos to come.
Now it's getting interesting... 😀 I have a Clevershade 270 ultralight.. to keep things as light as possible. Not your normal 270 with a solid backbone... be possible to mount this? Propriety Clevershade channel attaches to platform as below and rear bracket of awning slots into this. Front has a bar connects to a crossmember. And finally.... will rack fit ok if have SLRV side panels as bottom image.
Clevershade main.jpeg
clevershade front1.jpg

slrv kaon maxtrax.jpg

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now it's getting interesting... 😀 I have a Clevershade 270 ultralight.. to keep things as light as possible. Not your normal 270 with a solid backbone... be possible to mount this? Propriety Clevershade channel attaches to platform as below and rear bracket of awning slots into this. Front has a bar connects to a crossmember. And finally.... will rack fit ok if have SLRV side panels as bottom image.
View attachment 7850893
View attachment 7850894

View attachment 7850895
I know the cleaver shade they are awesome, I seen no reason why the cleaver shade wont fit to our platform but it will be more clear when I get updated photos with the final design. The SLRV also looks to have enough clearance to fit the backbone as long at the middle fixing point on the grab rails is clear.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know the cleaver shade they are awesome, I seen no reason why the cleaver shade wont fit to our platform but it will be more clear when I get updated photos with the final design. The SLRV also looks to have enough clearance to fit the backbone as long at the middle fixing point on the grab rails is clear.
this image help?

slrv side panel mount.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Test fitting we got it just sitting on the factory rubber roof rails for extra support and the lowest possible height.
Have you driven to test the noise level and would it need a deflector? Thanks for showing us it looks great and compact, and not using the gutters is a bonus...doubles as a sun shield (y)

Back
Top Bottom