The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Hey - apologies if this has already been asked. Does the rear camera allow for backing up the vehicle to line up the hitch ball with the receiver?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
@bikesandguitars Some have had success with it but others have said it only made things worse. The reason is the rear camera location is off set to the hitch.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Hey - apologies if this has already been asked. Does the rear camera allow for backing up the vehicle to line up the hitch ball with the receiver?
Hi @bikesandguitars as @ADVAW8S said, there are different opinions. The off-center camera means you can't see the trailer running straight towards the ball. Personally, I'm fine with it. However, I've been used to reversing trailers and, of course, coupling them for decades. I don't have a camera at all on my Land Rovers. So this is a huge improvement for me. But I understand people who don't do it that often and have an extra camera fitted.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi @bikesandguitars as @ADVAW8S said, there are different opinions. The off-center camera means you can't see the trailer running straight towards the ball. Personally, I'm fine with it. However, I've been used to reversing trailers and, of course, coupling them for decades. I don't have a camera at all on my Land Rovers. So this is a huge improvement for me. But I understand people who don't do it that often and have an extra camera fitted.
You summed it up, if you've never had one on your towing vehicle, it's a improvement. But until you're nearly on top of the hitch you're still " blind" when a fair distance away trying to select your line. I often have to drive forward to reposition myself. I'll get used to it.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
As others have said, opnions are divided but I think the standard camera is useless for exact alignment to the trailer hitch. My previous ride, a Grand Cherokee, has a brilliant rear camera and 8"screen and I could line up the tow hitch with millimetre precision.

Bobineos

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Hi, You are absolutely right and it is only wired to 10 pins, my dealer has had the same issue with another customer, the fix will cost me £225 and I will get this done. I thought that my fridge was running OK but as I had freezer blocks in for transit, they must have dropped the temperature sufficiently! Cheers, John
Hi, be interested to see exactly how they are going to supply the power. Just wondering if it's a case of fitting an old fashioned fridge relay. Any more information on this would be most helpful. My dealer has been no help, my auto electrician does not want to touch it and Buzz could not give a fixed price. Cheers B

Reactions: PBD

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
As others have said, opnions are divided but I think the standard camera is useless for exact alignment to the trailer hitch. My previous ride, a Grand Cherokee, has a brilliant rear camera and 8"screen and I could line up the tow hitch with millimetre precision.
My 2022 Tundra practically backed itself on. I never needed a ground guide. Oh well, I’ll figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom