The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
At Badminton horse trials, Donny Grey 5 seat ute in the car park... Will try attach pic but awful signal here!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At Badminton horse trials, Donny Grey 5 seat ute in the car park... Will try attach pic but awful signal here!

a forumite said was going there with his this wend. Can't remember who.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There were around 20 at INEOS Chiswick waiting to be collected when we called in on Friday - seems a lot are arriving with customers - one guy collected whilst we were there - was a bit surprised there were not a lot more beating down the door wanting to collect their vehicles

dominant colour was Inky Black - some dark blue, Green , grey , one in that rather blue silver and one in MM

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Did you try the low bandwidth setup? Not send pictures but real-world test.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but from the electrical gremlins, the best place to spot an IG going forward will be outside the service department at the agents.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Did you try the low bandwidth setup? Not send pictures but real-world test.
I didn't, as the coverage showed full 4G, but would just outright not work. I think due to amount of people in 1 spot

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't suppose you clocked Gearmate there?

Screenshot_20230508_074253.jpg
Noticed that they were # Defender and Ford Ranger but no Grenadier. OK maybe they didn't have access to one, but I wonder if the deal between Ineos and them is still on?

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don't suppose you clocked Gearmate there?

View attachment 7810855
Noticed that they were # Defender and Ford Ranger but no Grenadier. OK maybe they didn't have access to one, but I wonder if the deal between Ineos and them is still on?
I saw them but didn't get a chance to have a chat

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
a forumite said was going there with his this wend. Can't remember who.
That was me!

It ended up being a good day, when the sun came out and dried everywhere. Early on, it was very wet and muddy with cars getting stuck all over the place. Grenadier didn’t notice the conditions and just drove straight through.

Car got a lot of attention, with people wanting to have a look and ask about it. The most interesting visitor was a guy who came over as soon as we parked up. He was one of the original INEOS designers and he came over as he hadn’t seen a production version on the road, and wanted to have a look. He explained a few things and why they had chosen the options they did:
1. Split rear doors were used to allow the euro pallet to be loaded. They couldn’t make it work with a single door and still be strong enough.
2. Jim R originally wanted the car to be narrower, but they couldn’t achieve this due to the size of the engine and gearbox.
3. The chassis was the strongest he had ever seen. It has been designed to allow the whole weight of the car being pulled from any one of the four recovery points, from a bogged field, without any impact to the chassis.
4. The “V” incorporated into the front grill is a message to the Government! It was originally supposed to be an “A” from the middle letter of Grenadier, as per other branding. However, because of the many issues they identified with trying to build the car in South Wales, and zero help from Government to get them sorted, he changed the ’A” to a “V”. Apparently he likes to think each Grenadier now has a special message to the Government - F**k Off. May be that story is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

Sadly I didn’t realise Gearmate were at Badminton. I didn’t spend too much time in the shopping area because, I hate shopping and it was so muddy underfoot in that area.

I can report that the front bumper makes an excellent shelf/table for a picnic!

20230507_131427.jpeg

Finally, just a comment on the software and related issues.

1. I have zero vibrations in any gear or rpm.
2. My spurious software warnings appear to have settled down. I now switch the ignition on, leave the car for 30 seconds, then start it. So far, after 300 miles with this procedure, the messages have gone. (I realise it could be coincidence)
3. I don’t think my internal temperature sensor is working , as putting the Climate Control to auto results in freezing cold air blasting through, irrespective of how high you turn the dial up. My theory is the sensor is sending back false readings and so the car is trying to cool everything down. My workaround is to put the temperature dial to neutral (12.00 o clock) and leave it for a few minutes, then make small changes (one click) up or down, and it seemed to control the temperature without the wild fluctuations I had on Saturday.

Still enjoying it. 23 mpg (UK) on Saturday on mostly motorway. 27 mpg yesterday on A and B roads

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That was me!

It ended up being a good day, when the sun came out and dried everywhere. Early on, it was very wet and muddy with cars getting stuck all over the place. Grenadier didn’t notice the conditions and just drove straight through.

Car got a lot of attention, with people wanting to have a look and ask about it. The most interesting visitor was a guy who came over as soon as we parked up. He was one of the original INEOS designers and he came over as he hadn’t seen a production version on the road, and wanted to have a look. He explained a few things and why they had chosen the options they did:
1. Split rear doors were used to allow the euro pallet to be loaded. They couldn’t make it work with a single door and still be strong enough.
2. Jim R originally wanted the car to be narrower, but they couldn’t achieve this due to the size of the engine and gearbox.
3. The chassis was the strongest he had ever seen. It has been designed to allow the whole weight of the car being pulled from any one of the four recovery points, from a bogged field, without any impact to the chassis.
4. The “V” incorporated into the front grill is a message to the Government! It was originally supposed to be an “A” from the middle letter of Grenadier, as per other Grenadier. However, because of the many issues they identified with trying to build the car in South Wales, and zero help from Government to get them sorted, he changed the ’A” to a “V”. Apparently he likes to think each Grenadier now has a special message to the Government - F**k Off. May be that story is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

Sadly I didn’t realise Gearmate were at Badminton. I didn’t spend too much time in the shopping area because, I hate shopping and it was so muddy underfoot in that area.

View attachment 7810865

2. My spurious software warnings appear to have settled down. I now switch the ignition on, leave the car for 30 seconds, then start it. So far, after 300 miles with this procedure, the messages have gone. (I realise it could be coincidence)
3. I don’t think my internal temperature sensor is working , as putting the Climate Control to auto results in freezing cold air blasting through, irrespective of how high you turn the dial up. My theory is the sensor is sending back false readings and so the car is trying to cool everything down. My workaround is to put the temperature dial to neutral (12.00 o clock) and leave it for a few minutes, then make small changes (one click) up or down, and it seemed to control the temperature with the wild fluctuations I had on Saturday.

Still enjoying it. 23 mpg (UK) on Saturday on mostly motorway. 27 mpg yesterday on A and B roads
I Didn't see yours there! Were you there Yesterday?

The Donny grey one I photographed was parked in the field where the Grassroots show jumping is held.

Conditions ware bad in the morning, as you said. A range rover sport was abandoned on one of the carpark tracks... you should have towed him out just for the publicity! INEOS wold have bought the picture off you

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was me!

4. The “V” incorporated into the front grill is a message to the Government! It was originally supposed to be an “A” from the middle letter of Grenadier, as per other Grenadier. However, because of the many issues they identified with trying to build the car in South Wales, and zero help from Government to get them sorted, he changed the ’A” to a “V”. Apparently he likes to think each Grenadier now has a special message to the Government - F**k Off. May be that story is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

View attachment 7810865

3. I don’t think my internal temperature sensor is working , as putting the Climate Control to auto results in freezing cold air blasting through, irrespective of how high you turn the dial up. My theory is the sensor is sending back false readings and so the car is trying to cool everything down. My workaround is to put the temperature dial to neutral (12.00 o clock) and leave it for a few minutes, then make small changes (one click) up or down, and it seemed to control the temperature with the wild fluctuations I had on Saturday.

Great news all going well. Maybe all Drivers need to switch on ignition and wait while engine checks are all done/30 seconds before starting.
love the the story of the V 😂😂😂. Maybe we should all stick our fingers up at one another in a friendly way to other Grenadier drivers. Only we would know what it really means. 🤔😂😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was me!

View attachment 7810865

Great summary - thank you.

Agree with following post about towing a stuck LR out - that would've been marketing gold!!!

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I Didn't see yours there! Were you there Yesterday?

The Donny grey one I photographed was parked in the field where the Grassroots show jumping is held.

Conditions ware bad in the morning, as you said. A range rover sport was abandoned on one of the carpark tracks... you should have towed him out just for the publicity! INEOS wold have bought the picture off you
Yes - I was there yesterday, in the Luckington Lane car park, just by BP Solar Power fence (16 I think)

I would have loved to have found the Range Rover!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
That was me!

4. The “V” incorporated into the front grill is a message to the Government! It was originally supposed to be an “A” from the middle letter of Grenadier, as per other branding. However, because of the many issues they identified with trying to build the car in South Wales, and zero help from Government to get them sorted, he changed the ’A” to a “V”. Apparently he likes to think each Grenadier now has a special message to the Government - F**k Off. May be that story is common knowledge, but it was new to me.

View attachment 7810865

3. I don’t think my internal temperature sensor is working , as putting the Climate Control to auto results in freezing cold air blasting through, irrespective of how high you turn the dial up. My theory is the sensor is sending back false readings and so the car is trying to cool everything down. My workaround is to put the temperature dial to neutral (12.00 o clock) and leave it for a few minutes, then make small changes (one click) up or down, and it seemed to control the temperature without the wild fluctuations I had on Saturday.

Nice to read this, this morning as I woke up feeling like someone had taken the jam out of my donut with all the electrical gremlins being reported. Even sat in the car park it looks great and overshadows the Defender parked next to it.

A video of a Grenadier driving straight past the RR sport spinning its tyres would have been comedy gold. Clearly it was all about the footwear the RR was wearing but why let the facts get in the way of a good story 😃

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Clearly it was all about the footwear the RR was wearing
Primarily that, but also the fact that LRs traction control is all but useless in these conditions! I'd even go as far as saying it actively hinders progress.. applying brakes and cutting momentum.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
This is pure gold!!!!!

The “V” incorporated into the front grill is a message to the Government! It was originally supposed to be an “A” from the middle letter of Grenadier, as per other branding. However, because of the many issues they identified with trying to build the car in South Wales, and zero help from Government to get them sorted, he changed the ’A” to a “V”. Apparently he likes to think each Grenadier now has a special message to the Government - F**k Off.

Maybe Sir Jim is an Aussie.

Back
Top Bottom