The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I saw a Green one on 252 near Sawmill Road in Newtown Square tonight around 6pm.

Pretty sure it was green and not black.

Last edited:

Kb6tho

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
For reference this is the D90 that Land Rover Main Line had in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

From what I remember the they were all separate black stickers.
Saw an Eldoret Blue heading westbound on Del Mar Blvd at Lake Ave. in Pasadena CA (California)… 30 rear door was white… very sharp looking 😎👍

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Jeremy, am I right in saying yours is the one on the left. I seem to remember you being part of a rescue service.

I see the other one has steps from Urban… I think !!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
How do we find out about these meetups? Local club?
Check out the social groups section of the forum. The individual clubs are starting to come together now. Their respective organizers are inviting people but if you see a group you want to join then click the button :)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Jeremy, am I right in saying yours is the one on the left. I seem to remember you being part of a rescue service.

I see the other one has steps from Urban… I think !!
Yes, mine's on the left with the Ineos side runner. My 4x4 Response sticker is just visible on the edge of the picture. I did notice the side step on the other vehicle - quite chunky.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This afternoon I came across a MM Grenadier on the main road coming from Darmstadt. I had just turned off towards Kranichstein Castle. We both flashed our lights at each other.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This afternoon I came across a MM Grenadier on the main road coming from Darmstadt. I had just turned off towards Kranichstein Castle. We both flashed our lights at each other.

I wonder if the "light flash" going to be the Gren version of the "Jeep Wave"? As a Jeep owner for years, there was a strong sense of community and comraderie amongst enthusiasts and the wave was a part of that. It brought a lot of joy to the ownership experience for me, so silly as it may seem, it's actually kind of a nice thing to establish.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the "light flash" going to be the Gren version of the "Jeep Wave"? As a Jeep owner for years, there was a strong sense of community and comraderie amongst enthusiasts and the wave was a part of that. It brought a lot of joy to the ownership experience for me, so silly as it may seem, it's actually kind of a nice thing to establish.
For WINSTON!

wiggles GIF

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Not sure what it is like now with the old style defenders, since the soccer mums decided is was the vehicle to drive), but in the UK the wave and flash of lights was very prevalent. I once stopped in a lay-by for some reason in my 110 (it wasn’t even designated a defender when it was made 1987) and within a few minutes another one pulled up and asked if I was ok and I hadn’t broken down.

Like you I always get a great feeling with an exchanged wave/flash, it’s good to be part of a community. I hope we can emulate this with the Grenny and not be like the new defender crowd, who would probably moan about having to drive round another broken down defender in the road !!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure what it is like now with the old style defenders, since the soccer mums decided is was the vehicle to drive), but in the UK the wave and flash of lights was very prevalent. I once stopped in a lay-by for some reason in my 110 (it wasn’t even designated a defender when it was made 1987) and within a few minutes another one pulled up and asked if I was ok and I hadn’t broken down.

Like you I always get a great feeling with an exchanged wave/flash, it’s good to be part of a community. I hope we can emulate this with the Grenny and not be like the new defender crowd, who would probably moan about having to drive round another broken down defender in the road !!

I love that - it's the same on motorbikes. I've never been "unusually" stopped on my bike without another rider checking, and vice versa.

@Krabby thanks for the link to that thread - glad to see it's already discussed!! Can't wait for the headlines caused by a Gren owner using a hand signal in one part of the world to say hello that in another part causes an international incident :D

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That why I sold my Defender. New Defenders didn't know what a real Defender was.

In the US a lot of new defender owners do not know what an old defender is.

I was in my LR dealer in the early 2000's with my '97 D90. Another customer asked me what kind of Land Rover I owned, and I said Defender. She had no idea what that was. Pretty bad since the Dealer had a few on the lot at the time.

Last edited:

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
I've been driving around in mine for 10 months and only saw one other in Scotland on the road . west central

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I saw the first Selagreen live. He came towards me near the highway exit A6 in direction Heilbronn. As usual, I flashed my headlights. He didn't react at first and then raised his hand very slowly. He looked as if I had forced him to say hello.

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom