The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier speedometer (fix)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
the speed is way more accurate than the speedo of my car. When my car says that I am driving 132 km/h, it is in fact driving 127
Cars have been designed to read higher than the actual speed for decades. A little helpful safety factor to save you money!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon we’ll all get use to the speedi location quickly.

That said, after driving my daughter’s mazda for a few days that has a HUD projected onto the windscreen, I thithey are a great idea and I’d really like one.

Not so sure about the Hudway one that has a little screen of its own, that would just be a dust collector I think and craze over time being constantly exposed to the Queensland sun

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
There seems lots to chose from with uncluttered screens in different sizes. As Hannes01 says the only downside I can see is they nearly all need a power cable.

Ineos didn’t think to pre-wire for that accessory did they 😃

As daft as that sounds my Amarok does have a dash shelf and they put a 12v socket on the shelf as well. Clever the Germans !!
So does my VW T6 Multivan.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
The other half had a mini years ago and I had one of the original one in the 80’s. Both had central speedo’s and I don’t remember it being a problem, just brain training of where to glance.

IF I feel like I am too old to learn how to modify my eye movements I will certainly give one a try, for £30 if I don’t like it, I’ll mount it in the back and any rear seat passengers can see how fast we are going. 😀

I think these could be handy if they change between kph and mph if you are travelling in a different country.

This brings me onto another question does the ‘proper” dash speedo have the facility to change between the two ??

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a proper back to basics steering wheel 😂

Not to mention it has paddle shifters... that I ordinarily would have thought ridiculous until using them in my Ranger Raptor. I've found them quite handy actually.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
The other half had a mini years ago and I had one of the original one in the 80’s. Both had central speedo’s and I don’t remember it being a problem, just brain training of where to glance.

IF I feel like I am too old to learn how to modify my eye movements I will certainly give one a try, for £30 if I don’t like it, I’ll mount it in the back and any rear seat passengers can see how fast we are going. 😀

I think these could be handy if they change between kph and mph if you are travelling in a different country.

This brings me onto another question does the ‘proper” dash speedo have the facility to change between the two ??
Its not the complication of where to look, its the other information thats also there which may be an issue for me basically an overcrowded space for the single most important metric on the vehicle instrument cluster. Or perhaps not depending on the font size they used for the various elements of the display, I'm sure once we get used to it the conversation will just melt away.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
Take at look at the upper right number. How much HP would the Grenadier have at such revs? 🙃

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
I've already looked in to digital retro fit Speedo direct to dash-easy-to-use need to see how this integrates to the Gren!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Look at the brand wiiyii on Amazon, there are many different options to add GPS or OBD speedos, and you can also just get a phone mount, put it in front and use a gps speedometer app

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Cars have been designed to read higher than the actual speed for decades. A little helpful safety factor to save you money!
And.... if the speedo and thus the odometer reads, say, 5% high, why then the manufacturer has just reduced their warranty costs By 5%.

A number of years ago, some were dinged for that.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And.... if the speedo and thus the odometer reads, say, 5% high, why then the manufacturer has just reduced their warranty costs By 5%.

A number of years ago, some were dinged for that.
The simple fix - fit 33’s in lieu of the standard 32’s. In Toyo’s it adjusts the 4% to bang on accurate speedo against a gps.

Problem solvered.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I have had multiple , cars, bikes and satnaves etc over many years. In most cases in uk mph, up to 30mph it’s 10%, ie speedo shows 22 &33 at 20 & 30 gps mph. Once above 30 mph on the vehicle it is generally +3mph on what the gps shows. The mileometer is not affected by the +3 % and I am sure that somewhere in the bowels of the eu this is dictated!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I have had multiple , cars, bikes and satnaves etc over many years. In most cases in uk mph, up to 30mph it’s 10%, ie speedo shows 22 &33 at 20 & 30 gps mph. Once above 30 mph on the vehicle it is generally +3mph on what the gps shows. The mileometer is not affected by the +3 % and I am sure that somewhere in the bowels of the eu this is dictated!
Fords read 6% high and General Motors 4% high
I believe it was a standard company policy to avoid law suits

Back
Top Bottom