The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier build slot DELAY thread

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Phone and email with video link to Marc Tennont from ineos. My production slot September 2022 delayed for a month to October. Ineos had the same problems as other car manufactures. So i am happy about the good running of my old defender with 460.000 km. He must hold on. But he ist strong.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Right here we go for the official you won’t be getting your IG when we told you you would thread !!

Literally just had an email from IA saying sorry to tell you that there is a slight delay and your build slot won’t be when we told you it would be. Which in my case is November.

I doubt I will be the only one, however IA have sent a link to a lovely video for me to watch whilst I haven’t got my new vehicle.

Now I am pi**ed off.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Three threads is a few minutes. I literally posted mine 60 seconds later.
well naffed off and haven’t even bothered to watch the video as I will have several months to do that by the sound of it. Won’t be seeing this vehicle this side of Christmas then.

Will give me time to test drive it I suppose along with the new Ford Ranger and make my mind up if I want to spend the extra £20k on the IG

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Dito.

Good to hear something - although nothing edifying.

What I would really appreciate: A weekly address to the Ineos community - like some heads of state did in times of crisis.

For example as an e-mail with a video link, with all updates and the current state of affairs and the most pressing problems at the moment. So a 5 or 10 minute video every Friday at 6 PM or so would be something I'd look forward to - and wouldn't be a huge effort.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
To be clear:

THIS IS A SUGGESTION TO INEOS!

We know that you read here ... ;-)

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Right here we go for the official you won’t be getting your IG when we told you you would thread !!

Literally just had an email from IA saying sorry to tell you that there is a slight delay and your build slot won’t be when we told you it would be. Which in my case is November.

I doubt I will be the only one, however IA have sent a link to a lovely video for me to watch whilst I haven’t got my new vehicle.

Now I am pi**ed off.
Well what a surprise....not. my October slot delayed by up to a month????I can see this being delivered by father Christmas 🤶

Reactions: PBD

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Now I am pi**ed off.
Not happy either. Started to think there were problems when I heard dealer demos were not arriving until mid September, when they were originally targeting end of July/early August. Seems like the parts shortages have come as a last minute surprise!!!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There’s a parts shortage ???

An IA parts buyer was heard to say !

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst I could see this coming like a train down a track, I sort of take solace that we are all in the same boat together so it’s not as if everyone will be driving round in theirs whilst I am left standing at the bus stop so to speak.

Is there anyone who has signed their contract and paid in full who has been told this…I assume there is, and that’s when I would be really pi**ed off

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have never really expected that my September build date will be built in September. I was hoping to pick mine in Cologne in December. Availability of parts as well as recruiting of stuff affects all industries.

What disappoints me is the performance of the service and the lack of personal customer orientation. Neither the dealer nor Ineos themselves take up the requested changes. With today's news, this may of course give us some time again, but I am unsettled with regard to the fundamental future cooperation.

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With worldwide inflation running at significant levels, anyone think the next unwanted surprise will be for a price increase for all of us who are still waiting to sign their contracts?

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst I could see this coming like a train down a track, I sort of take solace that we are all in the same boat together so it’s not as if everyone will be driving round in theirs whilst I am left standing at the bus stop so to speak.

Is there anyone who has signed their contract and paid in full who has been told this…I assume there is, and that’s when I would be really pi**ed off
I think I read from multiple user here who were asked to sign there contract soon. But I can’t remember of a single one who stated I have signed.
And would expect we would see in this forum some contract elements, legal wording, paragraphs etc so we get an understanding what IA wants us to sign.
Anybody seen a contract yet?

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the video, it was said that they cannot ramp up production as quickly as planned due to parts supply. It seems that vehicles will be built in smaller numbers after all. I have not received any e-mail regarding a delay for my order. I will call the customer service tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom